Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm
First off, I'm a guy. I just like using female avatars and playing female characters... and I apologize if this is a Gaia-inappropriate subject.

For as long as I can remember, I've never had much of a sex drive. Sure, once I became a teenager I started growing hair in other places than my scalp and noticing girls... but I had little desire for sex and I actually became calmer and LESS aggressive and dominant than I was before.

I also grew breasts, which have never gone away no matter how much I exercise and diet redface , and I have had a very difficult time losing weight. I'm surprised I'm not noticeably fat.

My parents apparently saw a show about a man who had a condition where he had low testosterone, and apparently he was very similar to me... and his life improved after he was given testosterone therapy or whatever you call it.

Except I thought having very little sex drive was a good thing since I'm single...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm
You put a lot out there and I'm not sure what specifically you're asking about.

As far as sex drive is concerned, I personally don't find anything wrong with having a lower one especially if you're single. I would only find it important to have an elevated sex drive if you were looking for the kind of relationship that would require it {that is, highly physical}, or you were trying to have children {which you have previously expressed no interest in}. In matters like this, you shouldn't concern yourself over what you think others would consider "normal" and just go with what works for you. If there is no reason for you to have a higher sex drive, then don't let it bother you that yours is low.

While having a higher one can sometimes play a part in winning over the opposite sex {or sometimes same sex... depends on the preferences}, having a lower one can also enable you to build an emotional foundation before you take a relationship to the physical level. Being too aggressive can at times push people away, as well... but then again, so can being too passive. Finding a balance is always best. Of course, if you are not trying to get into a relationship, then this isn't really important at the moment.

Aside from relationships, having a lower sex drive can also enable you to better concentrate on other things in life, such as work or studying. It is also considered a good thing if you are religious.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm
I brought up the low sex drive thing since apparently most guys think consciously or unconsciously think about sex pretty much all the time...

Apparently my medication blocks the hormone that controls prolactin quantities, and prolactin is the substance that causes lactation... could affect my estrogen levels as well. :/

Yesterday I had blood draws done for various reasons, hormone levels being one of them... though the main reason was to see if I should continue taking my current medication.

Oh well, I just was thinking maybe I grew up different from other guys due to a testosterone deficiency, though I am enjoying the not thinking about sex all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:33 pm
Thinking about it all the time is an exaggeration. Unless I'm different from most other guys as well, which I don't believe is the case, then the frequency of sex being on the mind is actually not quite as high as people tend to say. While it does come up often, there are various other things to think about to keep oneself occupied. There are also moments in which thinking about sex would seem inappropriate, in which case I think of other things. I know that makes it sound like I'm trying not to think of sex, but what I really mean is that I just think normally and sex doesn't come up.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 am
Hi I know this is more a guy topic, but I have to interject. I am a woman. I hope it's ok. If not then pm me and I will delete it.

Are you asking this because it is bothering you personally? or because you are trying to measure yourself by others? Everyone is different. You can't be thinking "my friends are sexually active, I'm not, so something must be wrong with me" that's not right.

I am married 33yrs come April. We have sex pretty much every other day. It is one of my favorite things to do. I love it, I love the male form. If I could it would be morning, noon, night.
If I compared myself to other women, there would be something wrong with me!

If it is something that is bothering you, then I think you're going in the right direction. Getting a check up, doing blood work, maybe it is a hormone imbalance. If so that can be fixed. Good luck to ya.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm
.... I'm not sure what to think about your sex drive being more active than mine, Pink...  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:45 am
What!? Out sexed TES....No way.... I've seen your posters all over the guild!!!! and Pink is a sweet quiet little thing.

Has anyone heard how Showa's puppetmaster's tests came out?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:06 pm
I got the results a month or so ago...

Testerone levels: normal
Prolactin levels: normal
Estrogen levels: slightly high

Well, if having breast development and weight loss difficulties means I'm less sexually minded and more logically minded, then I guess I can take the bad with the good. ^-^  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 am
Have they done an ultrasound and checked for ovaries? You could have them and not even know it. Even with a hormone test. Also check your diet and go to a nutritionist. And Maybe have you vitamin numbers counted. You could be low on any of those...especially b12 and not even know it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 pm
TequilaRose
Have they done an ultrasound and checked for ovaries? You could have them and not even know it. Even with a hormone test. Also check your diet and go to a nutritionist. And Maybe have you vitamin numbers counted. You could be low on any of those...especially b12 and not even know it.
I see... female organs would be cool.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Harkon_Lukas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm
Well if this bothers you than do some looking online, there are places to get good information about your situation. Webmd is a good source more reliable than most. Sometimes doctors don't have experience with certain condition, so when they come up they usually do basic tests that really don't address the problem. That's why its good to find information on your own, just be careful a lot out there isn't reliable.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games