I hold it in. D:
  Gold. o.o Moneeeeey!!!
  Poll Whore! o:
View Results

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 am
So I was wondering, have you ever cried in public? Possibly at school or even at work? When you feel like crying, do you hold it in or just let it out? What do you think of other people who cry in public? What are your stories of crying in public?

Discuss. [:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 am
I always hold it in. Personally I find crying in public a sign of weakness.

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 am
I've cried in public before. I couldn't hold it in, I guess. I really hate it when people see me cry, so I try to hold it in when I'm around people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 am
I have cried a few times at school. In that year I had a serious depression and I just felt horrible because of personal problems. It happened when talking to a friend and my friends luckily always helped me out and dragged me to a less crowded place. I don't care if people see me cry then.
However, I can't cry when all the attention is on me then I'll hold it in whatsoever.

If other people cry in public around me, I usually just let it happen, if it's someone I know well, I'll ask what's the matter. I don't really mind other people crying in public, probably they have a reason to cry and I can't judge anyone on that.  

Cx27

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Mark Twain 100

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 am
• (( witty phrase )) •

Sometimes it just happens, but i will always try to hold it in :3

I don't care have silent tears slipping down my cheeks while watching a movie tho.
Lolol i have cried in movies you wouldnt even expect xD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 am
Yep, I cry when I need to cry...if it happens to be in public I don't really care. I could care less if strangers saw me bawling my eyes out.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:23 am
I'm extremely sensitive and I cry very easily so yes, I do cry in public. I hate it, but it happens >_< I stop quickly though. Usually I'll just excuse myself to the bathroom, let it out for a few minutes, and go back to class as usual. I have cried in art class a few times. Mostly cause my friends wer being bitches and my project was coming out absolutely horribly and i thought I'd ruined it, while everyone else was making like beautiful masterpieces. It suuuucked. And I have mild depression so even though im happy often occasionally I'll just sink into depressino for weeks on end for no reason. One day it got so bad and my friend was in deep s**t and I was scared for him and it was just an awful day, and I couldnt stop crying. Complete sobbing, couldnt stop. i went home.

Edit: I'm fine when people cry in public. If they need to cry, I totally understand that. If they're my friend I try and just sit with them until they're done. It's always good to have someone support you. But a few of my drama queen friends cry about the most dumb things ever just for attention so I act compassionate but really I'm thinking 'shut the ******** up....'. One of my friends whos a TOTAL ATTENTION WHORE failed a test in our global class, so she starts crying and goes to SOCIAL WORK. I'm like...... REALLY?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 am
Not me. I was raised that crying unless your in deathly pain is stupid and was often spanked for it so I learned to not cry in front of people a long time ago.

I do think thats wrong but its just so ingrained into my person now that I can't really change it nor do I care to since to me it isn't such a big deal.  

Z-MusicalChairMassacre-U

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:42 am
Sensation Ari

I respect your opinion, but in my own opinion I dont know why people think it's a sign of weakness. I think it's a sign of strength if you can just allow yourself to let it out and get it overwith. Holding it in often makes me feel worse. If you can just let yourself get it out for a few minutes, preferably excusing yourself to a bathroom or somewhere you can be alone, and then just feel better afterwards, I think that's better than acting tough constantly. Now, I think its a sign of weakness however if you cry constantly and are just trying to get attention. Then it's just ******** pathetic. But again, I think it's a sign of strength if you can just let yourself cry a little and then get over it. It's only natural; humans are emotional.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 am
I don't usually cry in public but last year when I was on a trip to Blackpool with my gran and a relative from Glasgow, my foot started to cramp badly to the point that I had to sit down, and then I cried.

I was really embarrassed because everyone was looking at me.
:<

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Ananszi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am
The last time I cried in public.. was not too long ago, lol. I tried to hold it back but it hurt too much, not to. I wiped out, and it wasn't one of those slow falls where you can easily stop yourself, oh no. It was one of those falls where you blink and the next thing you know your on the ground in pain. I somehow landed on my side more than anything. But dang, it hurt.

Most of the time I try to hold it back, but sometimes.. you just can't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 am
Eliza Rose
The last time I cried in public.. was not too long ago, lol. I tried to hold it back but it hurt too much, not to. I wiped out, and it wasn't one of those slow falls where you can easily stop yourself, oh no. It was one of those falls where you blink and the next thing you know your on the ground in pain. I somehow landed on my side more than anything. But dang, it hurt.

Most of the time I try to hold it back, but sometimes.. you just can't.

Ouuuch! Yeeeaaaah >_< sometimes crying when you're in pain helps. I'm actually good with not crying with pain (I HATE pain, I have no tolerance whatsoever but I can usually withold my tears) but I have this leg issue that makes my leg hurt like ******** so sometimes it gets so intense I have to cry and can't even walk. Once I wiped out on my porch stairs. I was going to Aikido (self defense), slipped on the top stair and fell down, hitting and scraping my back on each and then slamming on the pavement. Yeeeaaaaah that one was a b***h xD It hurt so much and I was in so much shock i couldnt breathe for a moment  

The_Brightest_Moon

sterek

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 am
I've cried in "public" twice. One time I totally ******** up on an exam and when my friend asked me how it went, I just ended up crying in his arms for a good five minutes. The other time was when I figured I had a huge crush on my best friend and the second she left (we were on the metro) I started crying until my station. ~___~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 am
Twice.

The first time was in the eight grade when I accidentally broke someone's science project and everyone was staring at me. But I held it in until I got to the washroom before I broke down.

The second time was last year in the first french class of the year; I hadn't returned all my books from grade ten the year before and it was so frustrating and embarrassing to me that I cried in class.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 am
The_Brightest_Moon
Sensation Ari

I respect your opinion, but in my own opinion I dont know why people think it's a sign of weakness. I think it's a sign of strength if you can just allow yourself to let it out and get it overwith. Holding it in often makes me feel worse. If you can just let yourself get it out for a few minutes, preferably excusing yourself to a bathroom or somewhere you can be alone, and then just feel better afterwards, I think that's better than acting tough constantly. Now, I think its a sign of weakness however if you cry constantly and are just trying to get attention. Then it's just ******** pathetic. But again, I think it's a sign of strength if you can just let yourself cry a little and then get over it. It's only natural; humans are emotional.

I don't find crying itself weak, I just think it's weak for me to do it in public. Unless something major happened to a friend or a family member. I just always try to hold it in until I get home.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff