Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]
Evelution vs. Creationism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 am
So I figured it was time to actually put something in here as it was very sad looking....and what better debating topic then that of Evolution and Creation.

I for one am an evolutionist. I feel that the world began millions and millions of years ago and over time organisms started to adapt to the conditions on earth, which in the end created us and everything else on earth. very basic explanation of course considering it was WAY more complicated then that and took FOREVER!
but i do not think that one can say we just appeared! that someone created us. its not logical to me. there is no evidence to support that theory what so ever. so in my opinion Evolution is the only logical and correct way to see the world, and the universe for that matter.

soo let the debating begin ^_^
Cleopatra LV Tempus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:07 am
But where did the organisms come from that caused the evolutionary chain reaction? :O If it was the Big Bang, what caused that? ... What was BEFORE that? o_o What created the stuff before that!? gonk And if it were God or a god or all powerful being of some sort... THEN WHERE DID THAT BEING COME FROM!?
.... Mind boggling.
This is why I don't think about this stuff anymore 3nodding Neither side makes concrete sense to me. Soooo yeah.
*totally fails at contributing to the debate*

Le Sapphoux

emoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:30 pm
Yeah this topic is as old as Darwin himself and still has no clear cut awnser
First to strip away any religous stigmas it makes perfect sense life planets the elements they themselves are made of are the results of chain reactions and those reactions made mechanisims such as photosynthesis kemosynthisis ect.
also the laws of physics also contributes to all above. I am not a physisist
but yeah all the evidence stacks up the only thing is you'd probably need to figure out whats on the otherside of a black hole to figure out where the univrsese camefrom.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm
Trying to figure out where EVERYTHING came from is the fun part!!! there is no answer which is why for now evolution is the best one but in a few hundred years (or less considering the progression of science lately) there will probably be a new theory explaining everything even more and then another and another and the most mind boggling part is that fact that we will NEVER know!! we will never know how the universe began and how we all came into being, like why organisms are here and why they evolved into us and GAH!. its amazing ^_^
this is why i can not accept such a simple explanation like God made us...its too simplistic for all the complicated things around us...IN US even like gah! and ya if god created us then who created god and who created that guy and so on and so on!!!
so ya this debate is so old and had no end but its still fun to discuss and debate and theorize and everything ^_^

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Nocturoe Nara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:16 am
Evolution is a religeon so is creationism, in the definition that is, Science is only and only ever on observing current circumstances/situations.
Thus you and not even I can explain SCIENTIFICLY, how the world began, it is off of theories.

Thus evolution should not be taught as a fact and shouldnt be taught at all to students, for it is not science but a belief, a bias of scientists.
Anything uncertain should not be taught as a fact, like I could say Rhinos are the real unicorns but I have no proof.

Just some thoughts I might want you to think about, also I am a Christian but I do not believe God should be taught in schools, I believe everyone should be homeschooled thus teaching their children and themselves what they believe not what a group of bias scientists want us to.

I just wanted to let everyone know Evolution vs. Creation is not science vs. religeon. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 am
cleolvtempus
Trying to figure out where EVERYTHING came from is the fun part!!! there is no answer which is why for now evolution is the best one but in a few hundred years (or less considering the progression of science lately) there will probably be a new theory explaining everything even more and then another and another and the most mind boggling part is that fact that we will NEVER know!! we will never know how the universe began and how we all came into being, like why organisms are here and why they evolved into us and GAH!. its amazing ^_^
this is why i can not accept such a simple explanation like God made us...its too simplistic for all the complicated things around us...IN US even like gah! and ya if god created us then who created god and who created that guy and so on and so on!!!
so ya this debate is so old and had no end but its still fun to discuss and debate and theorize and everything ^_^

Just to challenge you on this Cleo, you say saying that God made it is simplistic, but think of the things we create the technological advances we have made the intricate microchips that contain thousands of bytes of information, we had the ability to create something as complex as that, so as intricate and complicated as the human body is it's not feesible to say it was beyond a greater beings powers to mold and create us, because all those things we possess needed to be just that CREATED.

Not to mention to suggest we evolved from some kind of minuscule bacterium into something this complex and complicated doesn't make nearly as much sense, I do believe to some degree evolution and adaption has happened but to say we started off as something so tiny and turned into the very complicated thing you mentioned seems fairly impossible, and if that did in fact happen wouldn't we see new species popping up in random places on more than one occasion given the sheer amount of time the earths been in existence. But we don't and haven't in several hundred years.

ll ChemicalCollision ll

8,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 am
ll JusticeJess ll
cleolvtempus

Just to challenge you on this Cleo, you say saying that God made it is simplistic, but think of the things we create the technological advances we have made the intricate microchips that contain thousands of bytes of information, we had the ability to create something as complex as that, so as intricate and complicated as the human body is it's not feesible to say it was beyond a greater beings powers to mold and create us, because all those things we possess needed to be just that CREATED.

Not to mention to suggest we evolved from some kind of minuscule bacterium into something this complex and complicated doesn't make nearly as much sense, I do believe to some degree evolution and adaption has happened but to say we started off as something so tiny and turned into the very complicated thing you mentioned seems fairly impossible, and if that did in fact happen wouldn't we see new species popping up in random places on more than one occasion given the sheer amount of time the earths been in existence. But we don't and haven't in several hundred years.

you have a point that it wouldn't be impossible for a god to create something as complicated us however those that believe that usually say that God created us in his own image and that's it. they give no explanation to any of the complexities of the human body. its just a simple statement that we were put here by god and that's it. its too simple to say that we just were to me. not to mention all the evidence we have of how the human has evolved over time and many species have become extinct leaving only us left. there is no explanation for them in creation thought. I don't like it. i feel that there is too much to believe so simply that we just were....in my mind its to simple....i might not be expressing what i mean on this but that's the best i can do.

and we have seen new species popping up, just not in the past hundred years because it takes thousands of years for new species to fully evolve, not to mention we wouldn't really notice it because its soo gradual and does not happen in a moment. hell generations of humans will die before there is a new evolution of some kind and that evolution will only be noticed because some one looked back on the fossil's and saw what the creature used to look like hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

also to Noctureo nara evolution is science because science looked at it and it is the best theory we have at the moment for the planet and all living creatures on it. Science is not about just the present. it is about looking into the past and seeing how things become, and to the future and trying to see where things will go. its all science. and yes evolution is some what a theory, there is a huge possibility that evolution could be proven wrong in another hundred years, or even tomorrow, but then again so could everything else considered science that is taught as science. it is science. and in a way your right it is a religion, its a belief that this is correct and other explanations are not. but the thing about science and evolution is that it accepts the fact that it could possibly be proven wrong one day. but what i am saying is that it is science. and like all other science taught as fact evolution too is considered scientific fact. there is so much evidence proving it that we can not dispute it....for now anyways.

is it amazing. there is always the possibility of being wrong. that's what makes evolution and all science so intriguing. and like i said we will never actually know the truth but its still fun to debate ^_^
Cleo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 am
Le Sapphoux
But where did the organisms come from that caused the evolutionary chain reaction? :O If it was the Big Bang, what caused that? ... What was BEFORE that? o_o What created the stuff before that!? gonk And if it were God or a god or all powerful being of some sort... THEN WHERE DID THAT BEING COME FROM!?
.... Mind boggling.
This is why I don't think about this stuff anymore 3nodding Neither side makes concrete sense to me. Soooo yeah.
*totally fails at contributing to the debate*

Oh, Sapph. xD

Simply Berry

Shadow Toro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:12 am
(silly side of debate) maybe ninjas created evrything?!! stare ninja think about it.... xp or idea (serious side of the debate) maybe gasses created the big bang and those gasses existed for an eternity or 2 burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 am
Guys, guys.

Read this. It's a free PDF so download now!

Science and Creationism: A View from the National Academy of Sciences, Second Edition

Linky here:
www.nap.edu/catalog/6024.html

Be informed about the topic! biggrin  

The Fallen Angel Anarki

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 am
Cant we just say that someone guided evolution? Thats pretty much in the middle. Has creationism and Evolution-ism. Agreed?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm
if you could argue that I would be impressed. especially since i am sure there are creationists that would feel its not correct because god apparently created us in his image which means that if he created us at a time where we were able to still evolve then that means he originally was a single celled organism or an ape. not to mention of course that they don't really like it too often when we say we evolved from apes...so please argue the point i would be very interested to see that ^_^ (and i am actually being serious, just in case if that came off as being sarcastic!)  

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

The Gentle Roemer

Wealthy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 pm
I dont really understand but there could be many other ways of how we came to be...i think...it might not just be that those to are the only ways
maybe (im working with my imagination here sorry) somewhere along the line we lived on another planet that was exactly like earth but then the star that lit that place became s super gigantic red hot fireball and they had to leave before it destroyed earth so they were put in a ship and shipped here but there memories were erased and they had to start all over again
oh and if you think about it we must have adapted to this planet wrong because we cant live in any enviroment like animals can we actually have to make building for us while creatures like rabbits can just live in a hole  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 pm
There are a few interesting books out in the world that bring up the theory that a higher power created the big bang and from the big bang everything else came and evolution comes into play. Now Stephen Hawking says that this isn't true because the big bang was caused by a gravity pull but genius' don't always have to be right. I think a higher power got the whole thing started but from there science came into play. Another note on creationism is that there are many religions in the world and they don't all have the same idea of how we were created so I think everything would have to be taken into account in order to properly argue that point.  

Underworld Priestess

Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games