Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Repo Men!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not related to the Genetic Opera
  Aw....D;
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm
Trailer!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 am
WTF!!!! Hello! they already made this movie. Repo: The Genetic Opera. Goddamn hollywood.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:18 pm
As a dedicated and die-hard Repo! fan, this film pisses me off but i'm going to take this as an opportunity to promote Repo! by telling people "you liked repo men huh? well, how about you watch the real ******** movie"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm
I'm real excited actually. I saw genetic opera and this appears to have the same premise. I love Law and Schrieber and it looks like the action will be pretty intense. I didn't think the genetic opera is old enough to consider this a remake but maybe the musical did well enough that they an action flick would be even better?
anyhow, can't wait  

kingsly III

3,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Atomic Bride

Tipsy Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:26 am
I'm sort of 50/50 on this.

I loved Repo! The Genetic Opera, but at the same time, I can see how that style of movie isn't exactly popular, or understood. So it makes sense that another director/writer/producer would want to take that idea and put it into a more mainstream concept than a gothic rock opera.

I also love the story and idea behind both Repo movies, so I might give it a try. I'm not sure yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm
I have only seen bits and pieces of Repo! The Genetic Opera, and honestly had no idea what it was about. I'll have to check it out, see how the two compare and all.  

ladycobalt

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm
So wow, totally didn't know there was a first and better movie. I am kind of excited about this film, but I'm not sure if it's because Jude Law or this interesting story.

But now that I know there was an original film I think I'll see that before this new one. So I can compare.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games