Reply Serious Conversations
I don't get anti-semitism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HardQuor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 pm
Not to promote, but to perhaps lend a hand in understanding the sort of conspiracy theories that fuel the antisemitic agenda, I believe that it's common belief among them that a disproportionate amount of wealth is controlled by Jews. Also, it's believed that all media outlets, in some manner or other is also controlled by Jews. These 2 beliefs lead the racists to the conclusion that these Jewish people conspire to shape and mold the will of the public through careful brainwashing, via TV, slanted news coverage, and movies, all while forcing world governments further and further into debt to the world banks, owned by the Jewish, of course.

I don't know how much of that crap is based in reality, but I do know that I don't believe a bit of it, and anyone that does is looking for a reason to hate. Anything else I could say has already been said, so I think I'll leave it be.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 am
HardQuor is very right, but the Forbes list of billionaire's will show that there are actually very few Jews among the world's richest people.

And the Forbes list of companies shows that the sort of holding companies and financiers that are traditionally associated with Jewish stereotypes are also nowhere near the top. Not that this sort of company could ever be controlled by a small group of anybody.

In fact, if Jews controlled anything in the business world, I am sure BASF would not have such a high ranking.

As for the media, it is very easy to find out who controls it and I invite anybody who might subscribe to these theories to do so. Mind you I'm sure they are not found in this guild in the first place.

But Quor's point still stands: I am sure that the bigotry has to do with the perception that others have more money and thus can be blamed for your own misfortune. It just has precious little grounding in reality.  

archbaker

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:37 pm
Reading through this topic I'm starting to believe that jews ar having a hard time in America?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 pm
Plugabugz
Reading through this topic I'm starting to believe that jews ar having a hard time in America?

I don't think they have a harder time than any other ethnic/religious group. Especially in their own communities.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:04 pm
Im not a religious person because every religious document open to the public has been rewritten over and over to sustain humans best interest and ability to understand. Im not sayng we re narrow minded if we happen to be very religious, but hey, i believed in santa claus and boy, was i pissed to find out who s putting the presents under my tree. no matter what goes on , people should not be seen as a whole. Each of us is different and no matter what the country forces them to do, there will alwayys be a few of them trying to do exactly the opposite. and the funny thing is we re usually being told who to hate, even if we re not given good reasons to why.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff