Reply Game Room
Mafia: a game with lynchings. Signups

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

archbaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:09 pm
I want to run a mafia game. This thread is currently for signups.

The game will start a week from now or whenever there are enough players, whichever happens first.

Mafia (also known as werewolf) is a game in which the players take the part of citizens of a small town. They know that some of their number are secretly members of the mafia, but their only way of fighting back is to lynch each others until no more mafia murders occur.

Each night, the members of the mafia vote (or otherwise choose) to assassinate an innocent town person.

Each day, the entire town (including the mafia) vote to lynch somebody, hoping that he or she will be mafia.

The game ends when the mafia is eradicated or when the mafia outnumbers the town. But if you're dead, you've sort of lost even if your team wins, so it's really every geezer for himself.

Some players will be assigned special roles that grant special abilities or weaknesses. I'll assign all roles randomly.

Read more here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game), or here, http://wooopedia.com/wooo/Mafia.

For experienced players: I plan to run a very straightforward game with only basic roles, but I'll get more adventurous if a lot of players sign up. These are the roles I currently plan on including:

- Nurse
- Police officer
- Cabana boy
- Octogenarian

Post below if interested.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm
This looks great. I've played this on a few other forums and it's a hell of a lot of fun. The more the merrier!  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 pm
Sounds kind of similar to the Rabbit Doubt game they used to have here. Could be fun if you get enough people to sign up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 am
I really do hope more people show up, it's a seriously fun game.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 pm
xd Sounds very much like our Rabbit Doubt game which most of the crew really enjoyed. Thanks Archbaker for putting this together. I'm sure you'll have a few more players soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 pm
ninja Did Gilda kill this thread?  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

HardQuor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 pm
If this game gets revived, i'm definitely interested. sounds like a blast smile  
Game Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games