Winter Olympics 2010 :]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BannedAccount8623822

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 pm
There must...

So which country/countries are you cheering for and what do you think of it?

I'm cheering for Canada, China, Japan, and Korea but mainly Canada.

GO CANADA SHOW THEM WHAT YOUR MADE OF >:]

be hope...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 am
US and Canada.

US because well, I'm an American
and Canada because they're hosting the games  

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Muffin of Magic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 am
I don't really care much where the contestants come from. But I'm really looking forward to Pairs Figure-Skating, the Long program, and Women's Slalom. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:40 am
I don't really care about countries.

But I really hope Vonn will be able to participate in the slalom, she's from the same state as me!  

nikomas

Enduring Elocutionist

Pandoran-Ducky

Tipsy Strategist

13,965 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 am
I'm cheering mainly for the United States and Canada, but I really hope Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo win gold in pairs figure skating. Their story is really sweet and it would the perfect ending for them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:46 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
How have I missed this thread?

I absolutely hate sports usually, but every four years I am absolutely glued to the TV for the Winter Olympics! I was so happy Canada finally got a home winter medal! As for who I'm rooting for...

Overall I'm rooting for the USA because they're my team heart . Especially Jacobellis and White!

Everything else is based on categories, but I support Men's Figure Skating: Chan; Canada, and the German team in Curling.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 pm
I'm completely against the Olympics and everything, especially the disgusting and incredibly invasive Olympic propaganda that's been around this time, and I'm rather fiercely unhappy that I'm going to get stuck with this monumental debt and this huge deficit in funds to public resources (I go to a grossly underfunded public school here in BC; I know just how badly we could use that money, instead of it being wasted on some unnecessary luxury. I grad this year, thankfully, before things get any worse. And we are in dire need of doctors, but we can't pay to keep them! How sick and wrong is that? Plus huge homelessness crises in our cities, and in Vancouver the way the homeless community has been treated for the past four years to facilitate the construction of these venues and extravagant wastes... ahh, I should shut up before I offend people. XD) until I'm of old age (Montreal /just/ paid off their 70-something Olympics, and their budget wasn't nearly what ours is!!) and the whole sordid affair just makes me sick to my stomach that people can be so blind and ignorant and... just plain stupid sometimes. Neglecting real, serious issues in favour of some silly games. I know some people hold a lot of stock in them, but what's more important? Some sporting events or human lives? Without government funding, a lot of crucial social projects and services are going to possibly get cut, or at least severely injured by the lack of funding, and yes, that can be the difference between life and death for some. No doctors? No money to buy food for food banks? No money to operate shelters? No aid for the homeless? This s**t is real, I don't know why the government can't see it, too.

...On another note, despite refusing to watch any of the events, I am sort of cheering for Canada. I can't help it, being Canadian there is a lot of pride. XP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 pm
Muffin of Magic
I don't really care much where the contestants come from. But I'm really looking forward to Pairs Figure-Skating, the Long program, and Women's Slalom. heart

ooo. me too, for the figure skating that is. Do you know when it comes on?  

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

sterek

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 am
Canada out of patriotism. But I only really care about men's hockey, and I'm hesitating between Canada and Russia. I have a feeling Ovechkin is going to kick serious a**, especially with Malkin on the team, but Crosby still stands a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:34 am
I'm leaning towards Canada ^_^ but still not settle on one  

Lxia

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 am
USA USA USA >D

But really, mostly USA, a little for Canada, since they're our neighbors and stuff.

I also like that guy from Jamaica.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 pm

i'll be happy and root for people amongst, poland, japan, south korea, the usa and canada. :3

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items