• Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 pm
Hi again.

I come to you with another boy problem.
gonk

There's a guy, we'll call him John.
Met him freshman year, and now we're pretty tight. Well, back in... I guess October, around there, John told me he broke up with this girl (we'll call her Jane) who he had been seeing for 3 months or so. Everyone else had told me that she broke up with him. Anyway, I guess I had been having some feelings for John and at first I saw this as a good opportunity to try and make something happen.

And over the past few months, John and I have grown really close. His parents are getting divorced, so that's our common ground. We talk about that kind of stuff a lot. On a less serious note, I flirt with him, he flirts back. We mess with each other a lot, and overall, it's a healthy friendship.

Now this is where the problem starts: John and Jane both play basketball, for rival schools, however. At the start of the season, John would always say, "You know, I can tell this is gonna be a good season. Imma be the starting point guard, top point scorer... Damn. Everything will be perfect. I know it. I'm gonna be the best, and guarantee my chick is gonna hook back up with me." And at first he would only mention it occasionally, but it got to a point where pretty much every time we talked it would be about Jane and his plan to hook up with her. It was pretty obvious he wanted to be with her even if she didn't want to be with him. He would even go out of his way to go to her basketball games and support her team over our school's team.

So now the season is almost over, he's still not back with Jane (she's been seeing other guys, and still is with one).

Yesterday was our school's military ball. It was also senior night for our boy's basketball team. My plans were originally to go to military ball, but I ended up going to the basketball game instead. John was pretty happy I was there instead; he gave me a hug, we talked for a while, I gave him a lei after the game was over and he ran around the locker room yelling, "I GOT LAID BY ERIN. YOU GUYS, THIS IS THE ******** BEST DAY EVER," we messed around more, etc., etc. All in all, it was a good night.

But basically, I'm not sure if I should try to persue a relationship with John. We have a lot in common. All of our mutual friends think we should be a couple, but I'm not so sure since he seems to want to get back with Jane so badly.

Advice, opinions?

Thanks in advance.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:51 pm
I would talk with him about it and ask him if he's really still wanting to hook up with Jane or if he thinks he's ready for a new girl, possibly one he already knows. I say don't give up.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 pm

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers which cannot be given you...

I say don't give up. If it's something your really want you can't really give up, if you don't try it will hurt you in the end. you will end up maybe regretting it. talk to him about it since you have such a good relationship, about where you stand and let him know how you feel.

the whole jane thing will pass over, it was just infatuation. but what you have with him, it's big and i can see it. just continue to be by his side through thick and thin, even if he might be blind now and still only see jane soon enough he will see you and that all along it was you he wanted not jane. but you have to keep at it, keep being around him, keep pursuing him, keep having a good relationship with him.

it takes time for everything to work up to your dreams coming true, but in the end it's that goal of "sense of image of happiness" that will make you feel happy. :] do what makes you happy.

...because you would not be able to live them. The point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:35 am
I would just go with the flow, and if you really want to ask him out, ask.  

Meggie Bubble

Hot iloveedwardcullen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:08 am
well he seems to like you but you might only be a rebound or he might think of you as a really close friend beacuse he wouldnt tell you that he wants to hook back up with another girl if he likes you in that way. so if that time comes and he wants to be with u ask him who do you like more me or your ex? if she came back to you would you leave me and go to her? beacuse he seems to be your best friend and i dont think youd want to losse him!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:02 am
I think you should go for it. Take his mind off Jane for a bit. I doubt he's stupid enough to still talk about her when he's dating a great girl like you. I mean sure he might still have some feelings for her, but that doesn't mean he can't move on to a new relationship. Just go slow. If all he wants is rebound sex, don't give it to him.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 pm
Thanks guys. wink

Well, I'm really hoping that I'm not just a rebound for John.
But things have been going pretty good for us lately. Haha.
Though we still aren't a couple yet... Shucks.
We spent like the whole night together last weekend at the carnival, and the other day during class he asked me for my number. razz ...Which I could've sworn he had, but oh well!
blaugh  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff