Sometimes, being dumb is okay Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Sometimes, being dumb is okay.

What the Hell are you talking about, Lieu? Well. In playground--also known as gym for idiots 8D--we are playing floor hockey. Today, we were playing dumb accuracy games, during which we got with a partner, and knocked down pins or cones and stuff.

Me and my friend Athena (I think I've used the name Althea for her...) were stationed next to Daniel and Sam, two insanely smart dorks--one of which is my crush because I'm a girl and, y'know, that's how we roll (I don't really know what that means)--Sam, we call him Samuel or Samsam, kept aiming his ball at my cone. So Athena aimed hers at Daniel's. And I aimed mine at Sam's (never hit it, once). It turned into a little war, and eventually we got bored and just pushed the pins or cones over with our...blade-shaft-handle things.

Well we got in trouble. And we had to "take a break."

Why the ******** did I tell you that? Well, I really wanted too. And, that's why being dumb is okay sometimes. When it's harmless, and you aren't really bothering anyone.

How does that apply to this guild? I will put this bluntly.

A lot of you are dumb.

Using txt tlk, making uneducated responses--PLAGIARIZING... all that is DUMB--one of them is illegal...--and not okay. Ja? Get it?

Being stupid is okay when you're allowed to, or supposed to, be. Or sometimes when you shouldn't but you do anyway.

In conclusion: Be dumb when you think it is right and no that is not 24/7. Do not be dumb all the time. Keep your dumb in tests and real life, not in this guild!

Thank you.

I am Lieutenant Shotgun and I approve this message,  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 pm
Thanks, Lieu. This makes a lot of sense. I hope it makes sense to others, too.  

Rei Uchikino

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:08 pm
--Anorexic beauty queen, with painted eyes so toxic...--

You are Lieutenant Shotgun.
And you have my eternal love for posting this.

--...Flowers painted on her back, centerfold erotic--

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:09 pm
Mordy approves <3  

Matron Mord Sith

iDorkosaurous_Rex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Yesh, I have something to say.

Thank you so much. No only is your message funny, it's true. xD

I guess we'll never know, because I forgot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm
Yes! finally someone posted this. I hate when someone posts and I can't understand a word they wrote. I just ignore threads when that happens.  

Anabethe

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
kept aiming his ball at my cone

*snicker* yay, immaturity~

I love being dumb when it's appropriate. But I agree, people who're acting dumb out of context just takes the fun out of everything.
But whenever we get break time in our Bio class, we all just turn to each other and start like, a tickle war or something. XD It's fun!

I don't like getting in trouble when we're acting silly but we're not being harmful. Like if we're in public and someone reproaches us for being dumb-- it's not like we're being too disruptive or like, vandalizing or shooting up or tons of other worse things we could be doing! XP
I went to my friend's birthday party last weekend, and around 7pm we all went to this elementary school playground and on the way we got stopped as we were walking by a cop who was patrolling her neighbourhood, and he was like, "Where are you guys all off to tonight?" And we (about fourteen of us) were like, "We're going to the park to play Quidditch." XD
We didn't end up playing quidditch because we couldn't figure out the mechanics, but we did play sardines and hide and seek. XP In the dark, wet, muddy playground. It was so much fun. XP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:21 pm
Lol. I approve.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:30 pm
Lol, well said Shotgun xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.
Lieutenant Shotgun
kept aiming his ball at my cone

*snicker* yay, immaturity~

I love being dumb when it's appropriate. But I agree, people who're acting dumb out of context just takes the fun out of everything.
But whenever we get break time in our Bio class, we all just turn to each other and start like, a tickle war or something. XD It's fun!

I don't like getting in trouble when we're acting silly but we're not being harmful. Like if we're in public and someone reproaches us for being dumb-- it's not like we're being too disruptive or like, vandalizing or shooting up or tons of other worse things we could be doing! XP
I went to my friend's birthday party last weekend, and around 7pm we all went to this elementary school playground and on the way we got stopped as we were walking by a cop who was patrolling her neighbourhood, and he was like, "Where are you guys all off to tonight?" And we (about fourteen of us) were like, "We're going to the park to play Quidditch." XD
We didn't end up playing quidditch because we couldn't figure out the mechanics, but we did play sardines and hide and seek. XP In the dark, wet, muddy playground. It was so much fun. XP

Oh, naughty!

xD Sounds fun! At lunch today, Addie, Athena, and me were eating Valentine's sweethearts, and we did what they said--like "hug me" and "kiss me." xD Athena chased us around trying to kiss our facecheeks. Sure, one tenth of the sophomore population thinks we're lesbians now, but we still had fun!

I have to get this out of my system:
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Summer Kagome

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm
Wow! You've got my vote!

Very well said. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 pm
Wai thank you. ;D

I should write speeches for presidents.

I can image Obama, all deadpan-presidential like, saying:

"GET THE ******** OFF YOUR ASSES AND LEARN ENGLISH."

Wow, that sounds so racist and I didn't mean for it to. You all know what I mean, right? All the illiterate Americans? Or at least people who know English as their first language?  

Lieutenant Shotgun

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:24 pm
[[i r not dum!

&&I can so picture Obama as a racist. xD
"Mr. President-of-Mexico, put up a wall!"
((It's cool of no one gets that line...^^ wink )
]]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 pm
I have a request...

Will you please join all the other guilds out there (particularly role-playing ones) and give the same message? I swear, even in my own guild I have issues. In one guild I was VC and I literally had to go rewrite this one kid's post three times before we banned him for breaking the number one rule: literacy.

It's one thing to use text talk during texting but in an RP?

"i went 2 the water i drank yum i sed tht felt good"
or

"I walked towards the water, leaned down, and took a drink. 'That was just what I needed,' I said with a smile."

(hint: example two is correct)  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm
Agreed. Well said :3

Typically when I ask people to use grammar and punctuation, they stop posting all together. Pfft fine. Then I don't have to read your attempts at writing sentences.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff