Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Percy Jackson@ the Olympians-The Lightning Thief

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about the Lightning Thief compared to the book?
  I thought it was great despite the difference
  I thought it was alright
  The book was better
  I didn't read the book
View Results

Chris3325

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:07 pm
I went to see the Lightning Thief the day after it opened. I was really psyched and the movie was great but I though that it strayed way too far from the book. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm
th movie was a waste of money time and the acting was horrible  

Atheist Guy

cj_alexander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 am
Atheist Guy
th movie was a waste of money time and the acting was horrible

It wasn't a complete waste, The acting was horrible and some of the plot points were missing

*spoiler*
That DAMN SHEILD AND SWORD, how do they keep showing up ?

but over all the story was solid and if you watch it solely for the entertainment it's not all that bad. It's keeps you interested to say the least (Plus the main character is sickeningly cute, you can't beat that).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:17 pm
Someone dragged me to see this movie with them and I thought it was gonna be horrible. I thought it was pretty good though.

I never read the book series, but I know Greek mythology, so it was easy to follow.

If you haven't read the books and don't know mythology, don't bother, it would be too frustrating.

Atomic Bride

Tipsy Hunter

xE v a - c h i i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm
Well, I've just recently started reading the series, but I can say the movie wasn't a waste. I mean, yes, the acting was a little lame, but if you also looked at the important things, it wasn't all bad. I know my mythology really well. There were some things that were a bit different, but otherwise, it was pretty cool. I can personally say I enjoyed it and don't have much back talk for it . . . Until I finish reading the books! = D  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm
movie sucked. the book was for sure a better use of my time. the movie totally strayed from the book. horrible. waste of 10 bucks.  

bongogirl

5,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Talim777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm
the movie cud've at least gotten mor than half the info rite bcuz they didnt use mist, or hav them figure out who percy's dad was, or him meet ares and i thot ther wasnt a hydra in the 1st book, i thot that wasnt until the 2nd book. and isnt it that if u cut of a hydra's head, a donut shop appears somwhere around the world?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 pm
i was beyond pissed at the beginning because it was insanely false. but as it went on and i told myself "you read the book. it's only people who didn't that'll be lost; just enjoy it" i actually started not despising it.

haha, but the point of my going was for my friends and i to get mad at hollywood. all in all, the four of us were rather pleased.  

the_forgotten_thought

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff