Do you Role Play
  I wanna
  I don't think I know how
  Huh, whazat, *drools*
View Results

RelentlessGrasshopper

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 am
iggies

I"m really new at the RP. I know that I looked for more causal ones and even have a hard time keeping up with the hybreds (I like that term, don't know why right now, but its making me giggle) in GR right now. I was kinda intimidated with the RP forum...

That said, If the hybreds were moved ther, it might give that sub forum new life... but thats just my 2cents and I'm not the creators. But I also agree that the others linked would have to go in there too, and from what I"m seeing that would also be the cabana since its linked and has RP themes

me too...new to rp...ready and willing...haven't really got going to well in it yet. I'm a member of Sanctuary. I don't know how to jump in...don't want to show bad manners and jump in on someone....just point me in the right direction...

Warning-I am prone to give rp repsonses in haiku as my quote declares....Let's have fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 pm
I have been trying to learn rping. I am kinda nervous about just jumping into a rp situation already going.  

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:09 am
A lot of times, most of the "RP" is basically casual conversation. There might be some mention of things that have happened within the roleplay, but usually isn't anything that you will be required to know in order to be a part of the conversation.

If you find something confusing, you can always ask questions. Unless something within the roleplay is supposed to be some kind of secret, people will usually answer.

EE {dame's Everywhere Else thread} is the one place that you would have the most problems "jumping in" to, since that is a thread used for several different locations, sometimes simultaneously. The roleplay that happens there is usually small groups of people who are doing some activity that is outside of all the other establishments and often not an activity/conversation that is open for someone else to join in. However, that doesn't mean you can't post there at all. If you wanted to roleplay your character visiting another town and elaborating on the activities they did while there, EE would be the place to go. It is also used for homes that are not located beneath MW nor at Gensokyo.

If you're wanting to visit someplace in which you can interact with other people, then look for a thread that is currently getting posts and has people who are online. In the case of GGG Most Wanted, you might want to read a few posts prior to posting to make sure people are actually in the bar before coming in, or you can just ask out of character {{in double parenthesis or brackets like this}} if people are in the bar if you are confused as to people's locations. It's kind of a big place and there are various areas people could be sweatdrop , the bar is the main area, though.

Most other locations are smaller and more open rather than sectioned off, so you will likely get noticed by someone soon after entering if there are people there that are online when you post without having to first ask or figure out if they are in the main area. Chatty Kathy's is kind of a big place as well, but is often used just for the restaurant.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 am
This thread hasn't had any attention in a few months, so I felt I should show it some love.

Also, to al who are intrigued by the wole "RP" thing, this would be a great time to go poking into the RP subforum. Aside from the Casual RP threads of Geezerville, there is a new coming soon from yours truly. And if all goes well, it'll be one to knock your socks off.

So go and see.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff