Submit

Sky Blue Faerie

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm
I had a kitty I left at my mother's house when I moved in with Ben because I didn't think he'd fare to well in the trailer park. His name was Flame but his nickname was Little Man. My mother just told me he died today.

He was the bravest little kitty ever. He had crippled up back legs but he didn't let it slow him down. He learned to walk on his front paws before I could even get a wheelchair for him and was able to climb fairly well. The only thing he ever needed help with was getting down off the porch railing if he climbed to high. I don't think he even knew he was crippled. He did every thing an able bodied cat did.

He was 10 years old. It really comes has a shock because other than his obvious deformity he was a very healthy cat. He had one serious illness as a baby that required him to spend the night at a vets office and cost me about $400 but other than that he was always very healthy and happy.

Mom told me he at least died peacefully in his sleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 pm
I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. crying  

kennychesneyfan

justadarling

Witty Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 am
Awh im really sorry for your loss, you little kitty is in a better place now  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:32 am
im so sorry. now though he gets to follow you in spirit and be with you 24/7

i personally believe that cats will watch over and protect their loved ones from bad spirits even after they die  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sky Blue Faerie

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am
Thanks. He was a very special little guy. Always very feisty and full of life. I had originally planned for him to be an inside cat but even as a little kitty he was having none of that. Every time we opened the door he'd try to dart out before we could stop him so eventually we gave in and let him be. He never left our property or went near the road. He spent most of his time on the back porch.

He was born to one of mom's cats back before she go every one fixed. I noticed right away that something was wrong with his back legs, they were crooked. Mom said he was just club footed and that many kittens were and he'd grow out of it. He didn't start walking at the normal age, so I started looking at the wheelchairs in Catfancy Magazine.

But before I could decide on one I noticed him trying to stand and walk. He fell over a lot first but eventually learned to balance his backside up over his head and walk on his front paws. And you would not believe how fast that little booger could run. He was faster than some four legged cats. And he loved to wrestle with the other kitties and more often than not won.

And I'll never forget the one time I tried to give him a bath. Those long twisted legs gave him more reach than a normal cat. I definitely came worst off in the fight.

But he is with Amber dog now. I think they'll really like each other. She died when he was a kitten so they barely got to know each other, but they were both very good, loyal, and loving animals. I think they'll be good friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:05 pm
he sounds like he was a fighter  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sky Blue Faerie

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 pm
He was. When he got sick it was very sudden and severe, within a day he went from just acting like he had a cold to barely breathing and cold. The vet told us that even with immediate treatment he had a 50% chance. And that he could have feline leukemia, I told them to test him for it and the results would determine whether I had him treated or euthanized.

His test came back negative and they treated him. He spent a couple of days at the vet's office but they couldn't get him to eat so they sent him home and within a week is was back to normal. Hadn't had so much as a case of sniffles since.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 pm
its so sad. crying  

firestar1099

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm
I'm sorry you lost your baby. D= I'm glad, though, that he was born into a family who was willing to give him a chance. I'm sure he had plenty to be happy about in his life.  
Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games