Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Your opinions matter to me.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which one do you like?
View Results

aaawhyme

Demonic Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am
SO I NEED YOU TO HELP!
I need your opinions people!

Which one sounds better?

1. "It is better, I think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them...At least he who reaches will get a good stretch, a good view, and perhaps even a low-hanging apple for his efforts. "

Or

2. "There is a wide world out there, my friend, full of pain, but filled with joy as well. The former keeps you on the path of growth, and the latter makes the journey tolerable."

I am putting a quote from R.A Salvatore in my end of the year Grad Comment, and I want to know which one sounds better, may flow nicer, has a nicer feeling about life to it, makes people want to read it more?

Please give me your opinions!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 pm
I am torn between the two actually. The first one is metaphorical and interesting which while bing insightful can jazz up an essay. The second one though, is more personal seeming, like the qoute to directed towards the reader. I would probably go with the second one probably because the language is professional yet friendly and flows nicely.  

bobkitty1123

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm
I would go with the first, but I would drop the "I think". I don't know why, but the first one reaches out to me a little more.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 am
User Image

I agree with JJ. 3nodding The first sounds more profound and will add depth to your comment.

User Image

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games