Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer Kagome

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am
Cus I really like this guy, and he's sixteen, and he says four years is too big a difference for us.

Discuss:
Older guys, or younger?
Your opinion on age differences.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 am
User Image

I don't believe there is an age restriction when it comes to 2 people consensually dating.
Some parents are just paranoid.

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Nakita Maceo

6,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 am
To me, there is no age limit as long as it is legal.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:08 pm
As long as it's legal.
Not gonna lie, I like older guys. But not too much older than me. I would say 20 is probably my limit.  

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:09 pm
Summer Kagome
Cus I really like this guy, and he's sixteen, and he says four years is too big a difference for us.

Discuss:
Older guys, or younger?
Your opinion on age differences.

Also, are you 4 years younger than him or older?
Cuz if you were younger that would be like a sophomore going out with a 7th grader...
gonk
IMO, that would be a little awkward for him and I could kind of see why he would say 4 years is too much of an age gap.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There is a rule against who you date and what age gap is between you so long as you're not leading into illegal actions.

I remember a teacher saying the basic guideline for dating with an age gap was something like 'plus/minus half your age plus...a few years' although I can't recall how many years that was meant to be.

Kogaan

Man-Lover

Chelsea X111

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am
My cousin told me once that the guy as to be four years older than me but if you really like the guy you can might as well date him if it doesn't cause any problems  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:28 am
a 16 year old and a 12 year old have nothing in common, so yeah at this point, 4 years is a huge difference. Once you get into your twenties and late teens age difference isnt as important, however..  

Laur-Lau

viper_353

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 pm
yeah, probably at this young an age, age does matter. Sorry, but when you're this young, then there's not a lot of things in common, or even a similair perception of what dating means. Probably it's gonna be way better to stick with a guy closer to your own age right now. At older ages, it's not bad. Say...24-28. But here, his experiences aare going to be totally different to yours and you both aren't going to find someone to relate with in the relationship. Best to wait or to seek guys in your own age group.! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 pm
Laur-Lau
a 16 year old and a 12 year old have nothing in common, so yeah at this point, 4 years is a huge difference. Once you get into your twenties and late teens age difference isnt as important, however..

agreed

w u u b i e

Seawicket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:55 pm
My opinion is, if you're 12-14 you really shouldn't be dating.
15-16 nothing over 18.
And if you're 18+ I'd say anything more than 10 years older is too much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 am
The older you get, the less important an age gap is. Sorry, but I don't think a 12 year old should be dating a 16 year old. If you guys were 20 and 24, though, I would see no problem with it.

I think a good rule for teenagers is that you should be able to go to the same school. In middle school you should only date other middle schoolers. In high school you should only date high schoolers.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Retard gtfo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:53 pm
Well really my parents are like 7 years of difference and they love each other so if u like an older guy i say go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm
I'm a sick perv and I'm attracted to men in their 30's and 40's. I wouldn't consider dating any of them until after I'm 18, though. If both parties are over 18 I don't see the big problem.

However, I think 3 years is even a big difference for younger kids. That's the most I'll do until I'm 18.

Meth on Meth

WinterBean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm
I'd have to say, age isn't really important when dating, it's about how mature you are, and how comfortable both people feel about it. So long as the relationship is law-abaiding.
Truth be told, I myself am dating someone three years older than me. (I'm sixteen, and he's nineteen.) So as long as both ends are consensual on the relationship, I see no problem with it.
However, during teenage years age differences can be see as... embarrassing. Mostly because of how youths are split up according to age groups, and how, in comparison, the ration of number of years there are between you, and the number of year's you've been alive is a lot. However, as said before, the older you get, the less it matter.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff