Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
Dia's Corner - News from The Boss Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:34 pm
My apologies to those waiting. The Halloween event's been postponed a couple days because I unexpectedly got sick and my recovery has been extremely slow. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 am
Okay, so the major part of our Halloween event is being moved to the 31st. It will start with the costume event, then proceed the follow 2 weeks or so. I understand Halloween is long over by that time, but it can be considered our fall event. wink

Trick-or-Treating will begin shortly.

Thank you for your patience. heart  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:23 pm
Things will be getting done, Antidia just needs a break because she was hacked and not dealing with it too well. (Don't worry, her main account is not compromised.)

If you need anything, PM the Mule and one of the staff will be able to help you. If you are having an issue with a growing, PM the colorist for a progress report or ETA.

thank you for your patience!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:10 am
Okay, this has been a long-time coming, and is the project we've all been working on backstage.

Its not an event or anything, but our last attempt to get the shop in a place we want it to be.

We want everyone in The Fifth Age to have fun, and want to stick around because of the community. We want to create a friendly environment where people feel free to express themselves without fear of ridicule or being flamed.

As we grow and progress, we all learn what does, and doesn't work. Sometimes we get grand epifanies, and want to implement a new idea we think people will enjoy, other times we're happy with the way things progress, but want to shake it up a bit when it becomes too ordinary.

Fifth Age will be undergoing its hopefully last revamp. This revamp will change how a few things will be handled, but mostly will help us all to stay a bit more on schedule. I believe the changes will be a major benefit to everyone in Fifth Age.

Things will be getting switched around and there will be a lil construction dust over the course of the month as we get things put where they need to be, so I ask for patience, and for people to not forget their hardhats. wink

Changes to expect in the coming weeks:
- set Growing day. For now, it will be every thursday. If you know your pae was due to grow, but didn't, you can PM the artist directly for progress reports.
- Mini Shops reopening! Yup! The Item Shop will be returning, as well as the salon and a few other new shops. We'll also be implementing user mini-shops, to allow Pae owners to have their pae create businesses and sell their wares as well.
- Rule updates. Mainly, we're streamlining our rules. A few have been removed, and there will be a few new ones. Some will be better explained.
- RP will be getting a complete makeover. More on this when its closer to launch. wink
- more changes on the horizon, just keep watch, and keep an eye on this thread for more details.  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 pm
As many of you know, our Valentine's Day event kicked off a couple days ago with the Grams. Its just a lil something we're offering since we didn't get a chance to do secret santas this year. (darn RL commitments!)

The main part of the event should start around the 7th, and last till the 14th. Some 'special' visitors will be showing up to launch the Valentine's love shenanigans. wink

Things to look forward to:
- newbie flatsale!
- Character contest
- A big crazy 'love' game! (with some interesting prizes)
- and more!

A lot of hard work from the staff went in to this event, so I hope everyone has a great time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 am
The Valentine's Day event was a great success! Thank you everyone that participated. biggrin

Just a little update to let everyone know what's on the horizon.

We're going to be giving out some IPCs in the next couple months that will be very important for our next big plot advancement. I'll post more information on that as I get more of the characters finished.

Faunapalooza will be coming soon! We're going to be giving tons of Faun in preparation for a big RP contest in which we appoint Rais' council (leaders similar to Tariel's court) early in the summer.

Lots to look forward to!  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:08 pm
I just wanted to let you guys know what's up. I'm a bit behind on some things because of some recent health issues, and school starts in 4 days.

I should get the wind back in my sails soon, but until then, I really do appreciate everyone's patience with me. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 am
I am just stopping in to let y'all know what's going on.

I am on a personal hiatus. That does not mean the shop is also on hiatus. There will still be growings and things hosted by other staffers.

Any pae that I am personally responsible for will grow soon as I can, but I can't open Photoshop currently. I apologize to those waiting. sad

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up, so you don't think you're being ignored or skipped if new stuff is released. We don't play favorites in this shop, contrary to some's beliefs. We just have different people responsible for different things, and different real world responsibilities.

If there is any concern about this, please PM Guardian_Iris, as its more likely to be seen if it goes through the shop mule.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 am
Just a little heads up of sorts. The shop is not dead, just slow. Our staff seems to be perpetually busy in real life and other shops, so they don't have much time for FA these days. I apologize to anyone waiting on things.

I am trying to get my table to work on this machine, because my other laptop is not doing so hot. (yeah, I know ... so many computer problems). But my main reason for not being around much is school + real life. I finally got my house back, so I am hoping to get back into the swing of things around here.

As soon as activity picks back up (both staff and player) we have some pretty awesome events in the lineup. But they are RP events so we really do have to wait for enough people to actually participate.

I don't normally like announcing these types of events, in case they don't happen for a while, but I am hoping that maybe they will spark some interest in folks to come back and RP again.

-- We have a very large meta-plot in which we are introducing the ancient breeds. Remember, we have only introduced 2 of the five. Plus we have another special type of Pae coming soon, which will be introduced in a fun and whimsical event.

-- Elders are not gone. We are changing their role and name to Luminary. And we need some worthy pae for the ranks! However, we have to set up the meta-plot so they can come. To kick off their introduction, we will start with an RP competition for a set of IPC "Knights". This event will usher in a big change for the meta-plot and introduce our third ancient breed. (uh-oh, that's a spoiler--I've said too much!) This event depends entirely on interest, so there is a chance it might not come for a while.

-- Also to advance the storyline for our already discovered ancients, we will be having a big FAUNAPALOOZA! event. Lots and lots of faun will be emerging during that event, and the follow-up to that will be the appointing of Chief Rais' Circle--the faun that he trusts most, and help to advise him on important matters. Through RP, we will be selecting his court, similar to Queen Tariel's court. Those faun will become important to the plot. Rais' mother will also make an appearance and she brings some rather interesting news for the Faun.

This is just a taste of the many things we have in the works. We have many other events cooked up that don't involve the meta-plot, so we have a little something for everyone.

**These are teasers. Dates tba and depend entirely on shop activity and RP interest. I would prefer to not RP the entire meta among only a few people, because we have a LOT of IPC (important plot character) pae to give away. IPC are always free, always unique and heavily editted depending on their role, and can only be gained via RP.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:28 pm
We're still here, and we're still working. Even if it doesn't look like it. We're currently working backstage to try and fix some internal issues so that we can be more efficient in getting events and growings taken care of.

We're also ironing out the details of the upcoming RP changes.

Hang in there! It will be worth it. biggrin  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:11 am
The Paery Movich event is currently on hold until we can get ahold of HelMel to figure out how she was going to play the event till the end. She's had some real-life things she's been tending to, so is unable to log into Gaia.

That event wasn't even supposed to really be an "event" just some fun little side Valentine's day thing to give away a raffled baby. I apologize for how long it ended up being drawn out and for the delay in any news regarding that issue. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

I would like to reiterate that was not an official event or any part of our meta. Deity pae are not cannon to the shop's plot, and were designed to be helpers to facilitate holiday and non-RP events, and for the fun of recreating a deity in pae form. My intention is for them to be rewards to the dedicated, courteous and hardworking players that have helped keep Fifth Age around.

We will be working to find a resolution for this event so that everyone will be happy, we just need to get in touch with HelMel to move on to the next step.

Also, anyone waiting on a growing or pae that she has sold, or agreed to color, please PM Guardian_iris with the details of the last stage you received, the name of the pae, how much you paid for it, and the date you received it.

---

We have a big event coming up VERY soon, which we've put a lot of planning and effort in to, so we hope everyone enjoys it. We particularly focused on making sure this event, because it is an important step in the shop's meta and will kick-off our new RP format, will have a wrap date and not be left hanging like a few of our past events. Our intention is to never leave you guys hanging, but it seems RL sneaks up on us at the worst times.

We have a back up plan for this event in case something to happens and one of us can't fulfill our obligation.

The bottom line is, we hope you have fun and enjoy the events we've planned for y'all!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 pm
Some additional information for those that read this journal.

Methodologies.

The meta-plot at Fifth Age is our creative baby. We have been working on it for nearly seven years. There are literally hundreds of man-hours put in to plotting and planning and figuring out the best ways to get the information delivered.

And because I want us all to have a good time and enjoy the game and story we have created, I only trust my staff to play certain key roles. This will happen in any RPG. GMs will be appointed to moderate the RP. This mostly is because they serve as the supervisors, not because I am playing favorites.

Staff will always control the Pae that leads an entire Breed. (Tariel and Rais)
Staff will always control the Pae who have events centered around them (Venus and Valentine's Day for example.)
Staff will always control the Pae who know what is "really" going on with the plot. (Diana and Earthmother)

NPC = plot device. No one owns them, and all staff can play them.
IPC = important plot character. These are the ones who exist solely to move the plot along, and are player controlled and owned. These have special rules attached to them that normal Pae do not. Those rules have to be followed in order to play one, or even be considered for one. Most of the time, an IPC is a pae created specifically to fill a spot. Rarely will a normal pae get promoted. The reason for this, is because IPCs will be reassigned if the player quits FA, Gaia or the internet. I will not let players hold up the plot or hold it hostage ever again.

Rais' Circle positions will not be considered IPC's. They are merely jobs existing faun can occupy, with some of them having an important role in the future.

Shortly after Faunapalooza wraps, we will being our first major IPC RP Concept contest. The plot has a need for 'holy knights' coming up. These will be pae that will fight for the "greater good" and spread the positive message from the Guardians. They can be considered religious zealots, even. We will have an application where players can design their own "holy knight" and from those applications, we will choose 14 of them to create teenagers. The next leg of the contest will have us watching those 14 teenagers to decide which ones will make good IPCs, and when they grow in to an adult, they will become a holy knight, complete with edits and armor. A minimum of seven will become holy knights, but more can, depending on the quality of the RP.

This even will be for a brand new pae, not one that exists and wants to be a holy knight. Not everyone who gets a teenager from this event will become a holy knight either. It will all depend on the RP and if you, the player, can stick to the plan for the character. (basically, if you can keep them as a zealot and worshipping the guardians). These are not pae that are free to have back stories where they lived with humans or were abused as children. These pae'il will have a very specific backstory provided to them.

These holy knights will grow to become the "leaders" of a faction of Angels, Demons and Fae, just like Tariel leads the Naiad and Rais leads the Faun. So it is important for us to see how they will be RP'd. This is a contest that will be open for staff to join, because 14 is a big a number, and it would not hurt to have a staff member among the group to help lead the players so they don't stray off course with the plot or purpose.

---

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you don't like this, you don't have to play. You can still RP your pae, the same as you always did. All of this new plot stuff is being provided for the community that craves creative challenges and wants to be a part of the big story. We have a LOT in store for the RP, with lots of rewards for those who get in to it. Not everyone will get a coveted IPC or job they want right off the bat, but if you are patient, there will be a bunch more to come.

Coming up:
- Holy Knights
- Power-ups
- Luminaries
- Miakis (which will need a council too)
- Telrunya's mirror world

----

In case anyone missed it, there is a custom deity prize up for grabs. The winner will be the person who participated the most while maintaining a positive attitude and was most helpful to everyone. Staff not eligible.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 pm
About Rais' Wife Ceremony

The idea of a contest to find a wife for the leader may seem antiquated and just plain silly, there is a reason for it, both IC and OoC.

The reason for the contest itself is to find who is going to play the next Faun Chief. So we needed to make sure whoever is going to get that character can handle the Faun storyline and handle the RP tasks in a manner that meets or exceeds our expectations.
Yeah fetching a feather may seem pointless on the outside, but what we're watching is for how the player makes the faun react to the situations and if the player handles it with class, creativity and remains positive about the situation, even if it isn't a favorable situation.

Round Four became rather epic, and I am loving the responses from the contestants. I do apologize to those waiting still for the inductions, we will be doing those this coming week while wrapping the Wife contest. I appreciate everyone's patience and participation, this has been a very fun and enjoyable event and I have loved every minute of it! You guys are all so creative!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm
I will be working on updating Powers over the next couple weeks, because it needs to be finished before our Holy Knight event starts.

Changes coming to Powers:
- Karma (will be explained)
- Two paths to choose from (Light or Dark)
- No more approvals
- RP required to get a power
- Mellons will play a role in acquiring and keeping a power

In case people haven't noticed, no pae have been getting mellons lately. wink All Mellons were "called home" for the time being. (we are not taking mellons off certs of older pae, because like I have mentioned before, there are just too many certs to do that too.) They'll return, but not until the announcement of the re-opening of the Power Thread.

Power categories are staying the same.
Rolling to determine which category stays the same.
Pae'il that already have a power won't lose the one they have.
Unapproved powers do not need to reroll (unless you want to).  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm
I hope everyone is still RPing. wink We have a couple of awesome events coming up. We're working hard to get all of the information threads updated and current so newbies can join in on the meta plot seamlessly.

Powers are getting closer to completion.

I also have figured out what to do with an old plot device that was temporarily disabled due to unforeseen circumstances. Anyone remember the elemental faeries?

They are based on the Elemental leaders (remember faeries are based on stories/myth/fables/ideas) but a couple of them had tragic turns.

As it turns out, Diana and her desire to not see living things suffer saved all five of them right before they all were about to bite the dust. She's been taking care of them, nursing them back to health, and unfortunately, they needed a bit of a "reboot". They know who they are "based on", but they don't know anything beyond that.

I am going to carry out most (not all) of my original plans for them. I have reassigned them as well, because they are being 'reborn' due to traumatic events. They will have the same names, but different looks, and will have undergone their final transformation as they became adults.

They are plot devices, belonging to the shop, always have. They are going to be "new" characters in that who they were previously, is gone. They're starting fresh with new bodies. While two of the five are technically dead, one was RP'd by a former staff member who chose to leave the shop for good. Because they were technically shop characters, they can be reassigned as we need them.

Staff will be playing them, mainly because they were played by staff previously (I played two, but I am giving one to Teig) and because they know spoilers about the climax of our meta plot, and their purpose in RP is to persuade others to join them. Think of them like the elemental leaders (Tariel, Rais, etc.) faerie dopplegangers, not new characters.

Also a reminder: The five awesome ladies on staff work for the shop for no pay (their choice, as I do offer gold), I reimburse them with characters & edits. They work harder for their pae than people realize. Considering they aren't allowed to participate in sales/auctions/raffles, I think it's a fair deal. (Faunapalooza is the exception, because at the time the event opened, we only had about 6 active players posting and 14 faun to give away.)  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff