Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Reading the manga...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

love
  +3
View Results

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 pm
So today I went to the bookstore with my dad and I was trying to find a book for class but couldn't find it so I spent my 25 bucks on the first two Ouran books. ;3
I saw the anime a while ago and fell in love with it. But I'm a bit sketchy on the details...
So guild, are there any key differences between the anime and manga? Which do you like better?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 pm
There aren't really many differences between the anime and the manga except that the mange kept going longer, so the last few episodes of the anime aren't in it.

For once I have to say I actually rather orefer the anime, although I like that the manga is still going on. mrgreen  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 pm
Ah, so the manga doesn't end with the anime? Yipee. ;D More to read.

Usually I'd prefer the anime because I find it much more enjoyable to see the characters moving around and talking. ;3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm
weel, I personally prefer the manga. here's a list of several things that r different between the manga and anime:

1. Eclair does NOT excist in the manga
2.Mori-sempai actually has a younger brother too, Satoshi( he looks after Hani-sempai's brother =D)
3. THEY DO NOT JUMP OFF A BRIDGE
4. the only thing that is actually accurate that happened in the last episode was the party, and Kyouya doesn't even get slapped in the manga
5. In the original version of that episode, you meet the twin's mom and dad
6.Hikaru DID NOT LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A CARRIAGE.
7. hikaru did not break his arm
8. the long-haired girl with glasses that was next to Kyouya in the episode that told about Tamaki's history and when Kyouya and Tamaki become friends, that girl later tutors Haruhi
9. the Halloween episode is technickly the 2nd Halloween episode. and the host club did not actually participate in helping scare the 1st years

there are some more, but I just can't currently think of any. by the way, did you know the voice actor who played Hikaru in the anime originally played Kaoru in the Drama CD? and also the voice actor for Tamaki is different.  

OuranBleachVamp

Marquise S Mindfang

Ace Ace

24,325 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:32 pm
OuranBleachVamp
weel, I personally prefer the manga. here's a list of several things that r different between the manga and anime:

2.Mori-sempai actually has a younger brother too, Satoshi( he looks after Hani-sempai's brother =D)
4. the only thing that is actually accurate that happened in the last episode was the party, and Kyouya doesn't even get slapped in the manga
8. the long-haired girl with glasses that was next to Kyouya in the episode that told about Tamaki's history and when Kyouya and Tamaki become friends, that girl later tutors Haruhi
9. the Halloween episode is technickly the 2nd Halloween episode. and the host club did not actually participate in helping scare the 1st years

there are some more, but I just can't currently think of any. by the way, did you know the voice actor who played Hikaru in the anime originally played Kaoru in the Drama CD? and also the voice actor for Tamaki is different.

Oh you also forgot:
1. Mori's younger brother was supposed to appear with Hani's younger brother, but he never came up in the anime (how sad =[ wink
2. In the episode where the twins fight [I think] they didn't include the part where the Vice Principal is dunked in his own soup (which was hilarious, especially in another chapter)
3. The beach house that they went to in the anime was Nekozawa's in the manga... Why they failed to mention that I have no clue...
4. In the anime, they mixed a filler with Hani in with the chapter where he gets a toothache (or some other Hani-related episode)
5. They skip a butt-load of stuff from the manga!! I couldn't believe how much they left out! Unbelievable!

and uh... that's all I can think of now. I bet there's more. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm
I see. I have yet to discover many of these differences! D:
I finished the first two volumes already and I need to go back to the bookstore and buy more. I also heard there was a sale on manga too... Buy one get one free! So I'm definitely using that chance to stock up on manga. ;3

Another difference is how Tamaki discovers Haruhi's true gender in the first episode. In the manga he picks up her I.D. card and in the anime he accidently sees her changing or something.  

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Marquise S Mindfang

Ace Ace

24,325 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm
oh yeah, that's right! Totally forgot that. lol
And they didn't have the lightbulb thing going on.
"Like "ding!" I know right now!" That didn't happen in the manga. =D  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 pm
AF-StoryWeaver
OuranBleachVamp

Oh you also forgot:
1. Mori's younger brother was supposed to appear with Hani's younger brother, but he never came up in the anime (how sad =[ wink
2. In the episode where the twins fight [I think] they didn't include the part where the Vice Principal is dunked in his own soup (which was hilarious, especially in another chapter)
3. The beach house that they went to in the anime was Nekozawa's in the manga... Why they failed to mention that I have no clue...
4. In the anime, they mixed a filler with Hani in with the chapter where he gets a toothache (or some other Hani-related episode)
5. They skip a butt-load of stuff from the manga!! I couldn't believe how much they left out! Unbelievable!

and uh... that's all I can think of now. I bet there's more. sweatdrop

that whole thing where I said Mori-sempai has a younger brother is what I meant when I said that. O_O Sorry if that was unclear, I just thought it would be .....you know, somewht expected?I guess not. Oh! some other stuff is:

1.In the Alice in Wonderland episode, she didn't dress as alice
2.they didn't include the other alices
3.they basically gave all the hosts(and other characters) in that episode different roles.
thats all for now.....but I'll probably think up some more.  

OuranBleachVamp

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff