Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 am
User Image
Okay, so I guess this starts with a text message I got last weekend. It was from a number I didn't recognize, but my phone had died last month and I had to get it replaced, to I lost a lot of the numbers I had in it. I thought that maybe it was a friend who maybe got a new phone or something, since they asked what I was doing on Tuesday (Last Tuesday now). I told them that I wasn't up to much of anything and asked why. Then, I got the reply to grab a bite to eat and catch up, which made me hesitant to answer.

Obviously, this meant it was someone who I hadn't see or talked to in a while. I thought it might be a guy friend of mine, but I wasn't sure, so I just didn't reply. Plus, this guy friend of mine has a hard time keeping comments to himself that involve me, since he likes me, but I've told him that we're just friends many times in the past.

Anywho, I get a beeping on my phone with a message from Gaia, since I get those alerts sent to my phone.

I had blocked my most recent ex from seeing my Gaia page, but he ended up creating another account to get a hold of me. He asked if I wanted to get a bite to eat on Wednesday and catch up and gave me his phone number, which was the number that texted me last week. [Insert panic here]

Honestly, he and I ended pretty badly. Last summer, towards the end of the relationship, he ended up avoiding me a bunch and kept saying things like "I'll see you this day or that day" or "I'm staying late at band practice" Part of the reason we broke up was because I hadn't found a job and he felt like he was supporting me financially, which I don't really see how he thought that; I live with my family, he lives with his family, we didn't go out much, I never really asked for him to buy me anything (He bought a Wii randomly for "us" on a whim), etc. He always stated that I didn't do anything, which I guess from a certain stand-point could be true. I don't have a car or license, so I can't really go anywhere (even more so because I live out in the "boonies"), I don't go to school, I don't work, and I don't talk to as many friends as I used to (Mostly because a lot of them weren't really my friends to begin with). The thing is, he didn't see that I was doing things that needed to be done at home; doing laundry, cooking or helping with the cooking, cleaning, etc. He never has to worry about any of that stuff because his parents just do it for him.

Ugh, now I'm straying from the subject.

Long story short, he avoided me for a month, until we "officially" broke up, in which he came to me as was like "Do you want to still be together" to which I replied "If you avoided me for a month, you obviously don't want to be with me" So we broke up and went our separate ways.

Fast forward to seven months later. He asks me to go to lunch with him. I'm wishy-washy on this. I'm the type of person who doesn't shut people out right away, unless they hurt me really badly. After I heal, I might let them back in. I've had a relationship similar to this with another ex, but at some point, i woke up and figured out that if I continued to talk to him, he'd keep thinking that I was still interested and/or affect my relationships with other people.

This ex that wants to eat lunch...he's quite a character, to say the least. He's really smart, music-wise, but he doesn't have really good people skills. He treated me like one of his pals (Which is great sometimes) but then we would constantly say mean or crude things to me. During one particular fight, since we seemed to be having a "This is something about you that is wrong" sort of fight, he said "At least I don't have daddy issues", which obviously left me baffled and he "won" the fight with that blow.

My father passed away when I was 13, and I'm fairly open about it. Sometimes I cry about him and a lot of times I miss him, but I try to keep myself together and move along.

So, to say the least, I was extremely ticked that he used that against me, since I obviously have no control over other people. That fight was a major deciding factor for me to call it quits with him.

But now he wants to catch up, but I'm debating over if I should or not. Part of me says no, because that part thinks that maybe he wants to get back into my life and try to be with me again. Either that or he wants to make himself feel better by talking to someone he figured hasn't done better than him. THe other half of me says yes, because it is possible that he'd like to apologize for everything he put me through and that he is just trying to be friendly. When I was with him, I know he talked to his ex-fiancé's mom, because she still wanted to keep in contact with him. He didn't really like talking to her, but did it anyway. Since I haven't talked to him at all in the amount of time we haven't been together, it does show that he does at lease want to keep in contact with me, since he is pursuing conversation with me.

So now, I'm debating. Should I be friends with him, or shouldn't I? :/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 pm
It sounds like you have a lot of reasons for not letting him back in. With that whole "daddy complex" comment, I don't think I would ever forgive him. However, if you posted here, I'm sure at least a part of you really wants to see what he has to say to you. If I were you, I would go out to lunch with him, and find out what he has to say to you. I'm sure you also have some things to say to/ask him, and this would be a perfect opportunity.

If he is still a jerk to you, or tries to pursue more than friendship, I would cut him off as soon as I got the first sign.

digiariel

Anxious Cutie-Pie

10,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Agreeing with the above comment.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:32 pm
Desperately Obvious
It sounds like you have a lot of reasons for not letting him back in. With that whole "daddy complex" comment, I don't think I would ever forgive him. However, if you posted here, I'm sure at least a part of you really wants to see what he has to say to you. If I were you, I would go out to lunch with him, and find out what he has to say to you. I'm sure you also have some things to say to/ask him, and this would be a perfect opportunity.

If he is still a jerk to you, or tries to pursue more than friendship, I would cut him off as soon as I got the first sign.

Yeah I agree too. Lunch can't hurt, as long as you make sure to stay away from the topic about getting back together, which seems would be a bad idea that you don't want, right?

M e h P u s s N B o o t s

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 pm
User Image
Yeah, I do have some questions I want answered and I do have a few choice things to say to him, but I think I'm asking myself if it's even worth it.

The only thing I really want to hear from him is an apology, but given the type of person he is, I doubt he would even give one.

There is that part of me that misses just talking to him about things that we both had interests in; comics, video games, anime, etc., but again, I'm wondering if it's even worth talking to him again to converse with him.

I've been going it over in my mind pretty much all day and I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't go. Not only have I moved on and found someone else who treats me so much better than my ex, but the action of talking to my ex again might just open the can of worms of drama.

While I'm craving for him to say that he's sorry for the things he said, the way he made me feel, and some of the things he's done, in the end, it just dones't seem worth it.

After telling my boyfriend that I got a message from my ex and listened to pretty much everything I've listed here, my boyfriend said that I should do whatever I want about the situation.

Part of the reason I am not going to have lunch with him was that I didn't want to have to sit through an awkwardness that would be there when he would pick me up to eat. Nor do I want to be without a place to go or opportunity to leave depending on where we ate at in case he ended up being a jerk to me again.

Thanks for all the helpful words and everything. heart

I think I won't be able to forgive him, nor would I able to be considering to even be back at a friends-level with him, if he doesn't give me an apology first. Granted, in this process, I'm not giving him much of a way to apologize, but if he wants to be my friend that badly, he'd find a way to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 pm
User Image
UPDATE
Okay, so I wake up this afternoon (after having a not-so-good dream involving my ex-boyfriend) to a text message from him;
"So what do you say? Give me a chance to show I've changed and realized I was an idiot, or let me go on being the fool? If it tempts you, Miyaki's on Wednesday?" [Edited version of text since he used a bit of profanity, it wasn't in first person, and there was chat/text speak involved]

Now I'm a little more confused and still mulling the idea in my head. Miyaki's is a Japanese-style restaurant that the two of us went to, while we were dating, on my 21st Birthday. It's a bit of a pricey place, so I'm wondering why he's wanting to dish out given the circumstances. *Sighs*

I'm still wondering, should I bother? Should I give him the oppertunity to show he's changed and open myself to the idea of being friends with him?

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

M e h P u s s N B o o t s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:22 pm
Ingou
User Image
UPDATE
Okay, so I wake up this afternoon (after having a not-so-good dream involving my ex-boyfriend) to a text message from him;
"So what do you say? Give me a chance to show I've changed and realized I was an idiot, or let me go on being the fool? If it tempts you, Miyaki's on Wednesday?" [Edited version of text since he used a bit of profanity, it wasn't in first person, and there was chat/text speak involved]

Now I'm a little more confused and still mulling the idea in my head. Miyaki's is a Japanese-style restaurant that the two of us went to, while we were dating, on my 21st Birthday. It's a bit of a pricey place, so I'm wondering why he's wanting to dish out given the circumstances. *Sighs*

I'm still wondering, should I bother? Should I give him the oppertunity to show he's changed and open myself to the idea of being friends with him?

Well after reading your last post before this one, I think it might just be better to avoid it. Like you said, you want him to say sorry, but it's not worth the potential drama. But again, do what you want.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games