Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 pm
ABIGAIL'S NINE

An RP by SilentShadowDreamer and Lucky_Tiger

My name is Abigail.

Before I say anything else, you have to understand something - I'm not crazy. No matter what it seems like, I swear I'm not crazy. You have to believe me.

Why do people think I'm crazy? Because I can see things they can't. I hear what no one else does. I'm terrified to go to sleep because that's when it's the worst. I've never had a dream that doesn't end with me screaming in the dark…

And it's getting worse. The Dark Ones are growing stronger. But I, I stay the same. I'm scared, so scared.

Can't anyone help me? There must be others! Others, people like me, who can see and hear the Dark Ones. They're out there somewhere, they have to be. And I need their help.

Please...Help me...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:22 pm
Abigail spent her life fighting the influences of the Dark Ones. Terrified and alone, she fought them where she could. She couldn't stop the wars from breaking out, and she could not prevent the war that engulfed the world. No one could explain why they were angry all the time. No one could control it. So the world descended into darkness.

When Abigail saw the damage being done to every race and every country, she decided enough was enough. She used everything she had, everything she knew, fighting the Dark Ones with all her strength. She fought them, finally, to a draw, and they were forced to retreat. No longer under the influence, the war of the world came to an end.

But Abigail knew it wasn't enough. She'd only hurt the Dark Ones, not destroyed them. And yet she could not see it to the end herself; she was dying and she knew it. The last battle had wounded her beyond recovery.

So with the last of her strength, Abigail gave her power - the power to see and fight against the Dark Ones - to nine young children. It's been over ninety years since that fateful day, and Abigail's worst fears are coming true. The Dark Ones have recovered and are back, stronger than ever. Their powers threaten to send the world into another all-encompassing war. And it's up to the nine descendants of Abigail's chosen children to stop it.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm
Rules

1. Follow the TOS. Come on, people, you know this stuff.
2. Obvious RP rules are obvious - no godmoding, auto-hitting, cybering, and so on.
3. There are only nine of Abigail’s chosen, no more.
4. Literacy is a must. This is a literate RP, which means at least a paragraph per post, good spelling and grammar, and so on.
5. Gore is fine. Romance is fine. But please, no love or hate at first sight. It takes time in real life. It should for your characters, too.
6. If you don't understand what's going on, or you have a brilliant plot twist you want to work in, tell and/or ask Lucky or I. We'll be happy to help you out.
7. For the love of God, no perfect characters. They are not appreciated by anyone.
8. PM profiles under the title "One of the Nine" for Abigail’s chosen, or “What the Hell?” for others.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 pm
Skeletons

For the Nine: (Four of Nine remaining)

[align=center][color=darkblue][size=9]Call me and I'll respond to[/size] [i](first and last name - middle optional)[/i] [size=9]or maybe even[/size] [i](any nicknames)[/i]
[size=9]Look to me and you'll see I'm [/size] [i](gender)[/i] [size=9]and[/size] [i](straight, bi, gay)[/i]
[size=9]Look at myself and I'll see[/size]
[i](appearance)[/i]
[size=9]Ask and you'll know I've been here[/size] [i](age)[/i] [size=9]years.[/size]
[size=9]Listen and you'll learn[/size] [i](bio - Minimum five sentences)[/i]
[size=9]Watch and you'll notice I'm[/size] [i](personality - minimum three sentences)[/i]
[size=9]Watch and you'll see[/size] [i](powers - no more than two and no offensive/battle powers. Passive powers only, visions, empathy, healing, etc.)[/i]
[size=9]Listen and you'll hear[/size] [i](themesong - optional)[/i]
[size=9]Look beyond the surface and you'll see[/size] [i](username)[/i][/color][/align]

For others:

[align=center][color=darkred][size=9]Call to me and I'll respond to[/size] [i](first and last name - middle optional)[/i] [size=9]or maybe even[/size] [i](any nicknames)[/i]
[size=9]Look to me and you'll see I'm [/size] [i](gender)[/i] [size=9]and[/size] [i](straight, bi, gay)[/i]
[size=9]Look at myself and I'll see[/size]
[i](appearance)[/i]
[size=9]Ask and you'll know I've been here[/size] [i](age)[/i] [size=9]years.[/size]
[size=9]Listen and you'll learn[/size] [i](bio - Minimum five sentences)[/i]
[size=9]Watch and you'll notice I'm[/size] [i](personality - minimum three sentences)[/i]
[size=9]Watch and you'll see I'm[/size] [i](helping/hindering/undecided about)[/i] [size=9]the Nine.[/size]
[size=9]Listen and you'll hear[/size] [i](themesong - optional)
[/i]
[size=9]Look beyond the surface and you'll see[/size] [i](username)[/i][/color][/align]

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:27 pm
Accepted Profiles

The Nine:

Call to me and I'll respond to Miranda Whiteling or maybe even Miri
Look to me and you'll see I'm female and bi
Look at myself and I'll see
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here sixteen years.
Listen and you'll learn I've always been on the edge of the crowds. I never really made many friends. Most people think I'm weird, the way I seem to stop and stare at nothing every now and then. And I always know things I shouldn't be able to. But that's because I can scry, though I've never told anyone. Not even my parents. I don't need them thinking I'm even weirder than they already do. But I've been able to scry since I was little. It's taken several long years and god knows how much practice before I managed to get it under control. Usually I can only scry people I know, but lately, I've been catching glimpses of these strangers. It makes me wonder who they are and I've started keeping an eye out for them
Watch and you'll notice I'm extremely stubborn and like to do things my own way. I really don't like being told what to do. If I'm not being told what to do or being told I'm wrong, I'm fairly calm and collected. I do have a bit of a temper, but I try to keep a hold on it.
Watch and you'll see I can scry, using any still and clear surface. Water and crystal are the best though.
Listen and you'll hear Circle Backwards - Mark Provart
Look beyond the surface and you'll see Lucky_Tiger

Call to me and I'll respond to Cybil Romera or maybe even Cyb
Look to me and you'll see I'm female and straight…mostly.
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here seventeen years.
Listen and you'll learn that there are a lot of stupid things I’ve done in my life. Freaking out when my mother got married again after my father’s death? Stupid. Running away because I hated my stepfather? Stupid. Refusing to go back because I still think I’m in the right here? Yeah, pretty stupid. Hating him in the first place because he found out about my…freakishness and tried to use it for gambling, of all things? No, I think that’s pretty fair. Aside from that, and the fact that I’m now pretty much making a living where- and however I can, my life has been pretty normal. But now I’m getting flashes of things…things I never wanted to have to know even existed. And they’re definitely in my future.
Watch and you'll notice I'm a girl with a temper. It runs cold rather than hot, though – when I get angry, expect biting sarcasm rather than shouting. I’m not coy about shy subjects, and I’m very blunt and open. I’m not often scared, and hate it when I am. I’m sarcastic, sultry, and serious, and perfectly unapologetic about any of it. I also read a lot (maybe a little too much), so while there’s plenty of things I don’t know much about, there’s almost nothing I can’t learn everything about if I put my mind to it.
Watch and you'll see that I can see the future. It’s not always accurate, and often I have to interpret the visions I see. In fact, rather than a power, it’s more of a pain.
Listen and you'll hear Seventeen Ain’t So Sweet, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Look beyond the surface and you'll see SilentShadowDreamer

Call me and I'll respond to Marcus Aikel or maybe even Mark
Look to me and you'll see I'm male and straight
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here sixteen years.
Listen and you'll learn that I’ve never known how to look after myself. I know my old man was an alcoholic, and my mother was too busy covering for him to protect me. So I ran when I was about nine or ten. But blood will tell, I suppose, and after a few years on the streets I got into alcohol and worse. I’m a coke addict and an alcoholic with no one in the world but myself and the creatures that I swear I can feel watching me whenever I’m sober. I’ve got a few people who will cover for me when I need it, but I’m always afraid that the creatures will take too much notice of them if I depend on them too much.
Watch and you'll notice I'm two very different people sober and high. When I’ve got my ‘medication’, I’m belligerent, often paranoid, and always angry – just this side of violent. I have no self-control then, and I’m wildly impulsive. But when I’m clean, I become gentle and nervous, almost timid. I’m very quiet and tend to calculate every move before I make it, which sometimes results in more damage than if I just jumped in the way I do when I’m high. And I fear for those I care for.
Watch and you'll see I can occasionally see – not scenes, but people, places or things that I need to find. The unfortunate side effect is that I usually see these things while high and paranoid, and thus am deathly afraid of finding them. And though I don’t know it, I can heal myself and others. Not just little things, either – I’ve been unknowingly healing all the damage I’ve done to my body with substance abuse over the years.
Listen and you'll hear I Will Not Bow, Breaking Benjamin
Look beyond the surface and you'll see SilentShadowDreamer

Call me and I'll respond to Elodie Harper Marsh or maybe even Ellie
Look to me and you'll see I'm a girl and straight, not that it matters
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here 22 years.
Listen and you'll learn Elodie was emancipated from her parents at the age of 16; for reasons she doesn't like to share. She went to live with her aunt and having already graduated high school attended a local university to get a nursing degree. She is only just now looking to move away from her aunt's house, although she has come to enjoy something of a normal family life there. She feels she needs to move to give her aunt space, the woman being only 11 years older than Elodie herself and very deserving of a personal life. Something she gave up to an extent when Elodie came to live with her, though whether it was done for Elodie or herself is something Elodie has always wondered.
Watch and you'll notice I'm Quiet and very much in awe of anyone with proper social skills. As much as I like being quiet I can talk to people I know- so long as I know them well, or kids. I can talk to children anytime! I think they don't mind me so much because I don't mind going to their level when playing games or interacting in general. I like to think I'm very caring though regardless of age, if someone's in a bad spot I'll help them out.
Watch and you'll see Translation (of..well..pretty much anything...)and once or twice...I swear I've heard someone thinking. In any case I can usually finish your sentences.
Listen and you'll hear Suddenly I See
Look beyond the surface and you'll see Zetao

Call me and I'll respond to Samuel Rowen or maybe even Sam
Look to me and you'll see I'm Male and straight.
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here 20 years.
Listen and you'll learn I've always moved through crowds pretty easily. Growing up mostly alone in the city I learned to talk my way in to, or out of, a lot of places I shouldn't have been. It's not that I'm a bad guy, really, I just don't know why there's so many barriers put up to stop people from exploring. To stop them from learning. Anyway, I got in a bit of trouble after finally getting caught and just got out of a year long lock up. I talk fast and talk a lot, but if you listen you might actually learn something. I've taken care of myself over the years by using my ability to manipulate people to get the things I need to survive, but never to outright steal from them. Like I said, I'm not a bad guy, I just don't see why the rich always get whatever they need while we have to struggle.
Watch and you'll notice I'm a serious person but I haven't lost the wanderlust that keeps me going. I like people even if I seem a bit cold sometimes. And you'll notice that there's something a bit strange about the way I talk, other than the rather rapid pace.
Watch and you'll see I have an unnatural ability for manipulating conversations, for knowing how and what people are feeling. It's made me quite the con man, pretty handy for the situations I've been put in, even if it's gotten me in trouble before.
Look beyond the surface and you'll see Nostrus

Others:

Call to me and I'll respond to James Richardson or maybe even Jamie
Look to me and you'll see I'm male and bi
User Image
Ask and you'll know I've been here fifteen years.
Listen and you'll learn every class has that one student, the one who is just a target for bullies right? Well, that's me, unfortunately. I lost my mother when I was young, only about five I think. I can just barely recall her. But now I'm stuck with my alcoholic father. And he gets just plain mean when he's drunk. He doesn't like me or anything I do and hits me often. It's so bad that sometimes I have to hurt myself just to get away from it all. I tend to wear long sleeved shirts though to cover all the marks. Lately, I've been having these terrifying dreams. They scare me so much that I hate to sleep now.
Watch and you'll notice I'm shy and scared. I'm hesitant to approach people and rarely look someone in the eyes. I often stutter as I talk. I'm easily startled and frightened.
Watch and you'll see I'm undecided about the Nine.
Listen and you'll hear Last Resort - Papa Roach
Look beyond the surface and you'll see Lucky_Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm
So what are the Dark Ones, anyway?

- Dark Ones are a kind of Dreameater.

- Negative energy feeds them, while positive hurts them.

- Their effects multiply depending on the amount. In other words, they have strength in numbers.

- The stronger they are, the more influence they have.

- Their negative influence starts in dreams, but eventually can control waking life too, causing anger, quarrels, and hate.

- Dark Ones can only be in this plane of existence thanks to their 'artifacts' - objects serving as their centre of power.

- Only weapons born of Abigail's power can destroy these artifacts.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm
Reserved

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:47 pm
You might want to set the skeletons up as a code instead, so that the size differences, italics, and color all come through.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 pm
Couldn't remember how to do it. Whoops. xd Off to fix it now.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 pm
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Problem solved now. ^_^

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:55 pm
User Image

((Bump))

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 pm
User Image

((Bump))

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm
(I joined.)  

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:32 pm
User Image

((Cool. As one of the Nine? Or just a human?))

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff