Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm
People don't seem to like it much coming into something already knowing stuff that doesn't get revealed until later in the story.

But I tend to think all the way through, and if the story takes a completely unexpected turn I feel stupid so I like to get as much information as possible beforehand so I can spend less time thinking about the story and more time thinking about how the scenes fit together.

So what's wrong with spoilers? It's not like watching a movie knowing how it ends means you've seen the ending. It just means you have a basic idea of how it ends. Two completely different things. Knowing is not seeing.

I find spoiler complaints so ridiculous. I only mark them if the TOS say I have to. They don't even spoil anything. If anything, they should be called revelations or insight.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:11 pm
Spoilers never bothered me because I always found it interesting to see just how a story got to that point. Knowing how it ends doesn't explain how it got there. I don't go out of my way to research something before I watch it, though. The spouse does to some extent on occasion, but that's usually just to see if it's worth watching in the first place.

Even so, I understand why some people wouldn't like spoilers. There are those that like to feel surprised by things. It's how their personality is.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Harkon_Lukas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 pm
I kinda agree and disagree.

First off if you don't want something spoiled don't go to a thread title that says "(insert random anime) Episode 10,000" if you haven't watched episode 1, so if you go to that thread it's your own damn fault lol.
However I have been victim to a random thread that deals with just anime in general and come to a post that says " Man I'm so pissed (Boy name) started to date (Girl name) and right when things were going great she was killed by the unknown stalker. Oh yea his name is (Weirdo) I would have never guessed it was him" and of course that kinda kills the ending.

This is all followed by the typical forum " BLANK YOU MAN PUT A BLAKNEN SPOILER TAG YOU STUPID BLANK BLANK BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So yea I agree and disagree lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 am
I don't think there's any real negative connotation to spoilers, just that people tend to like to avoid them, so there is a "warning" before the spoilers get revealed. That's all.  

Roih Uvet

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:43 pm
it honestly varies from person to person. I don't care about spoilers depending on what it is. If its something that I'm really into and just don't wanna know about it I politely ask the person not to spill it. If I happen to run into it then oh well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm
I kinda feel that if it's a big movie and everyone's talking about it then people shouldn't ruin it for others who haven't seen it. I think the best example of a spoiler would be "Luke, I am Your Father".
If you had waited on the first Star Wars, yadie yadie ya, and then you got to that point, it's kinda more "exciting" to see it for yourself and not hearing someone just go up to you say, "yeah they had this amazing fight scene and Vader cuts off Luke's hand, and as Luke is dangling off a high tower, Vader is Luke's Father. "

The fact is, it's anti climatic to know the story before hand. Like, if you go see the movie, there's an exciting dramatic and roller coaster of a ride, to get to said point in the movie. It's the visual and audio effects not just words but sound effects that makes said moment so much better. Sure, sometimes it's fun to talk about the bad parts of the movie, but if a movie sucks, i just want to be told, hey don't go see it, rent it on dvd or something. not be given a spoiler to the movie that ruins the whole Plot in one swoop. Kinda like the Harry Potter Series. I personally haven't read the books and because they are making movies on the books, i don't know what's going to happen in the next one.

it took them X amount of books for Dumbledoor to be killed. if you went to someone who hasn't read the books or seen the movies, or has just seen/read 1 movie/book and said oh btw dumbledoor dies, it kinda ruins the whole series.  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm
Actually, my disregard for something being intended as a surprise goes so far that I wish I had gotten one of those shirts that said "Dumbledore dies on page 596" back when that news was still a shocking surprise. rofl  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games