A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
Current Anime ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How long have you gone without watching anime ?
  a week
  half a month
  more than a month
  never o:
View Results

Adora-fy Heart

Celebrating Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 am
So I haven't been watching any anime for ages so I really don't know what's popular right now or what's new for anime either. So do you think you could recommend me some of the current series ? I'm into any anime just as long as the storyline is captivating to you.

Some of the anime I watched since:
- The Day After Tomorrow (eng. dubbed)
- Black Cat (eng. dubbed)
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (japanese sub.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 am
Adding links to the first episodes make it more convenient. They're all legal streams, though.

The only show I'm keeping up with this season is Durarara!!. It takes a while to really get going since every episode switches narrators, but it's getting really good.

As for other semi-recent stuff I really liked:
- Baccano! also has the 'takes a while to get going problem' and is really gory, but is incredibly fun and has a fun plot to make up for it. Also, the dub is fantastic.
- Monster is not especially recent, but still deserves a recommendation. The content can be hard to handle, though.
- Death Note isn't one of my favorite series, but it's one of the better shounen series I've seen if you can get past some of the really unpleasant aspects of the series. It's also pretty popular, so someone will probably recommend it to you sooner or later.
- I'm probably the only person here who watched Aoi Hana since it's a yuri series, but it's a really well-done yuri series that's incredibly sweet.

I'll see if I can come up with some other recommendations later.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 pm
I agree with Zephyr on Durarara!! and Baccano! I love those shows.

I've never watched Monster, but I'm currently reading it and it's one of my favorites, if not the favorite. If you're looking for a great story with unexpected plot twists and deep thinking, you should totally read/watch Monster.

I also recommend Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

EDIT: Oh gee, silly me. Monster isn't current, it's old! (it takes me 15 seconds to forget that this thread was about current anime)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 pm
I LOVE Durarara, but I need to catch up since I fell behind on a few episodes.

Hetalia is also sort of cute, but the episodes are reeeeally short.

Shugo Chara is also a cute anime, and sadly I believe it just ended; yesterday it's last episode aired. D; It's kind of kiddy and girly, but it's very cute and there's over 100 episodes.  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Unbroken Volition

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 am
K-ON!

The second season of K-ON! is finally released!!! xD -Squeals- This Anime is one of the best I'd really recommend.

If you think you've seen a LOAD of series and know all the terms and puns in Anime, then watch Seitokai no Ichizon. If you haven't seen enough series, you won't get the humour in it. .__.

Yes. Go watch Hetalia. It's really cute. xD Don't be discouraged by the quick talking in the first episode. I can give you the dialogue, just PM me if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:47 pm
If you haven't already seen it, I recommend Lovely Complex (also known as love*com). It's funny and inanely cute. I watched this one and cried a few times until I was interrupted by a very funny part.

I am in the middle of Kyo Kara Maoh and Baccano! and they both seem very good.

Others I have seen that were good were:
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Code Geass
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Big Windup! (About baseball but sooo good)

Hilfin

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 pm
I'm currently watching Eden of the East. It's pretty good so far. :3
I recommend Ouran High School Host Club, Toradora!, Lovely Complex, and Peach Girl (just because Papillion isn't an anime. razz Papillion beats Peach Girl).  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:34 am
i'm currently obsessed with Kimi Ni Todoke!! xd
But i do want to see Beauty Pop become an anime!! that story was fun to read whee  

boneymuggle

Mewling Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pet Lover 100
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items