Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
To my father, cousin, aunties and childhood friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-antippa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm
heart

First of all I want to honor my beloved father whom I lost in cancer (colon). He only become 60,5 years old. He was my rock growing up. My father was the one that taught me honesty and fairness and to never judge anyone unheard. He always gave evryone a fair chance. I owe him so much, which I can never directly repay. All I can do is to try to live my life as honest and fair I can. He will always be in my heart and I will always remember him.
Carl Gustaf Sjögren
Oct 9 1926 - May 12 1987

I don't have the words I want for you. I can't express it. I still miss you too much after all these years. and I know that you know why.
I love you dad and always will.

heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:31 pm
My dear cousin Lars and his mother Barbro

My cousin Lars died in a severe form of blood cancer only 17 years old 1975. He was in the best of his youth. Intelligent with top grades - a "wonder-child" in music and great in sports. His last wish was to give his body to research to help other kids.
I couldn't imagine at that point that I would never see him again.

Lars mother, my mom's sister, died in uterine cancer in the early 90's. And she went fast. She was my mom's best friends and it always made me so happy to hear them giggle and laugh together. Although they didn't see each other that often due to the distance between them, they were always the best of friends. Barbro was a person who I always looked up to and admired as she was the only women with a strong husband and 3 boys. I will never forget any of them.  

X-antippa

X-antippa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm
To my childhood friend Marie

Sept 27 1955 - 20 August 2008

Marie dear. We got to know eachother as babies, before we could talk or walk. We partly grew up side by side. We had a lot of fun as kids. Then we moved apart. We connected again as teens and then later on again as adults. Not until the end we discovered how much we did have in common when we grew up. Very similar stories filled with traumas and hardship. None of us had an easy life. But what remains with me is our last day together. Still you wer so filled wiht life, despite your sickness. You so wanted to beat it. You still planned for a future. I saw you lighten up having that last day together out. And you were happy when I had to leave you back at the hospital.
It wasn't fair we never had the chance to say goodbye. There were people refusing us to. And I'm so sorry. I hope that you knew the truth in your heart and not the lies that was told to you. I know you wantede me to come and see you. But noone told me. I would for sure have come.
It wasn't fair you had to go so early. Life was never fair to you at all. All I hope is that you are happy now, that you have found your way. I will never forget you.
Love from your oldest friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:55 pm
heart Dear Aunt Gunhild heart

When I lost you I lost one of the most important people in my life. But I do believe it was a relief for you to not suffer for a long time. You told me in your own way. I felt so honored by your trust in me that you could express your innermost wish. Thank you. I also know that the letter I wrote you gave you comfort during your last days. At least I had the chance to tell you and I'm so thankful for that.
I know you are at peace now. I miss you.

X-antippa

Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff