Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Conventions and Cosplay
HELP. With a Korea cosplay~.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaworu nagisa mememaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey there~ I need help!
I've been thinking of cosplaying Korea for... well, actually, for a REALLY long time.
If I wanted to just find a cosplay of him I could do so easily, because I can't really sew.
The problem is, I have mild cosplay OCD, and I refuse to wear anything other than a real hanbok it has nothing to do with the fact that all my friends are Korean and will give me dirty looks if I do otherwise, I swear.

So, if anyone has seen a hanbok that looks anything like Korea's... a link would be much appreciated. :]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:59 am
I can't say I have a link, but eBay is a surprisingly reliable source. I am sure if you search, you'll find something.
If not, there are patterns for sewing hanboks, you could draw up your own (not as hard as it sounds), or you could request an eBay power seller (make sure it says professional tailor) to make one for you in the style you need. Most will take requests, just be sure you ask nicely //_^
Hope this helps.  

Dark_Passion_Poet

DarkMusica

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:08 pm
The thing about cosplay is is that it's not the actual clothes.

Don't get all messed up about how much it doesn't look like the actual thing because it's NOT.

Even on the offical Hetalia Wiki it says that Korea's clothing is only based off the clothing.

The most important thing to remember about cosplaying is to have fun, if little details take all the fun out of it for you then forget the details.

We cosplay characters because we love them, not because we look like them. <33

also if you haven't figured out his curl yet, you can make the entire curl (face and all) with pipe cleaner and just pin it to your wig/hair xD

good luck  
Conventions and Cosplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff