Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Baking Therapy!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jareths Girl_24TTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm
When I get upset I bake. It's sort of like therapy to me. I don't have that much time lately, but I really need to bake. Do any of you know quick and simple recipes?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:07 am
It might not be much of a help but here

Pizza dough

It dosn't take that long to put together and has to sit over night but it's insanely good and pretty versitile, i make hand pies with it a few days ago and they turned out nicely.  

Chaotic Chatter

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 am
Bread is the best recipe that's quick and simple, in my opinion XD You can look at recipes and get a general idea of measurements, but its better not to use measurements. I just found it easier and more accurate. The only really hard part is cutting the bread when its done, I use a rather dull knife, a bread knife might be a ton better; and kneading the dough. I take the dough up from the bowl then squish and pull/tug it between my hands over and over, its a real workout gonk

I like to make a whole grain/wheat bread with whole wheat flour, water, salt, yeast, sliced almonds, sunflower kernels, poppy seed, flax seed, sesame seed, and if you can find it, millet seed. I haven't been able to find the millet yet, but its an awesome recipe, it fills you up and keeps you full for the whole day I swear.

My other recipe is just white flour, yeast, salt, water, great value pizza cheese blend (mix it into the dough) and let the bread cook until the crust is a nice brown, and then put more cheese on the top and wait until it melts. Then take it out, let it cool, and serve. Its godly. I haven't tried mixing in the cheese with the dough yet, but I know it'll be good. When I made it I forgot to mix in the cheese XD The cheese on the crust also comes off very easily, you may want to play with that like maybe put water on the top and then the cheese or something. Don't put the cheese on top when its dough, because then the cheese will burn and the dough will be undercooked.

I would always let the bread rise a good 5 hours, and let it rise in your bread pan in the oven with the oven off, then you turn the oven on and let it bake. It lets it stay nice and fluffy instead of cakey and there aren't any large holes in the bread from air bubbles, I was afraid of air bubbles which is why I didn't do it until just now.

Also, for a soft crust melt a stick of butter on the crust while its cooking, two times would probably be best, any more than that and it will be too salty (I use salted butter), then get a super huge ziplock freezer bag, and wait maybe 10 minutes after cooking and unstick your bread loaf and put it in a freezer bag, then zip it close and let it steam in there for maybe an hour. Just keep pressing down on the crust every now and then to see how much it gives and such.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
_Gentle Like The Fawn, Fierce Like The Bear, Protective Like The Wolf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 am
Baking helps me too.
Last night I made cinnamon raisin peach rolls

Baking powder biscuits are quick and easy and you can add thing to make them more interesting...cheese, garlic, pesto, cranberries  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items