Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Decisions, decisions...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick a cosplay!
  Mukuro Rokudo (Reborn!)
  Hibari Kyoya (Reborn!)
  Lambo (15 years old) (Reborn!)
View Results

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:38 pm
I've got roughly...3 weeks to pick a costume. Most of supplies are available to me, or can be ordered for rush delivery, or can be bought quick for all of them. But, I can't make a concrete decision!!!

The three choices above are the ones I'm picking from, and here are the positives/negatives for each

Mukuro-
Pro - Been practicing attitude/laugh for a while. Favorite of the 3. Know what I need. Only $88 for outfit, plus what I'm assuming will add up to another $30+ for other supplies.
Con - Trident will take time to make...

Hibari-
Pro - Cheapest. Have some practice of attitude/phrases. Have Namimori Anthem on my iPod to sing along to. Small tonfa easier to make.
Con - Tonfa are a con no-no if wooden and hard...

Lambo-
Pro - Easiest for my hair to style into, no need for wig. Closest to normal personality (i'm a big squishy wus)
Con - *spit-take* $330!?!?!?!? <- cheapest I've found so far...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm
I'd go for Mukuro, if you can get the costume in time. And the trident.. well. It shouldn't take 3 weeks to make if you persevere. Just don't slack and you should be just fine :]  

XDZenLeeDX

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 pm
Well since I'm a Lambo cosplayer and lover, so my opinion might be a bit biased but where the hell does making that outfit cost $33o?! Which 15 year old version are you doing?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm
salsababy2889
Well since I'm a Lambo cosplayer and lover, so my opinion might be a bit biased but where the hell does making that outfit cost $33o?! Which 15 year old version are you doing?

Not making, buying...>>;

Unless I beg one of my friends who can sew well and fast, lambo's cow-spotted shirt is gonna be an issue for me to make. (it takes me over a week to sew one side of a square pillow with 4 different sections to it...and that's with a template x,x)  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 pm
Glacirus
salsababy2889

Not making, buying...>>;

Unless I beg one of my friends who can sew well and fast, lambo's cow-spotted shirt is gonna be an issue for me to make. (it takes me over a week to sew one side of a square pillow with 4 different sections to it...and that's with a template x,x)

That's when you get a white shirt, a pic of Lambo's shirt, and two black PAINT PENS.
The paint pens are best because they don't leave brush strokes and they do not bleed on the fabric like sharpie.
It does bleed through, just not outwards.

That's what I did when I was making my Lambo cosplay... and Wal-mart didn't have enough cow pattern to make the shirt T _ T  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm
Charmful IncarnatE
Glacirus
salsababy2889

Not making, buying...>>;

That's when you get a white shirt, a pic of Lambo's shirt, and two black PAINT PENS.
The paint pens are best because they don't leave brush strokes and they do not bleed on the fabric like sharpie.
It does bleed through, just not outwards.

That's what I did when I was making my Lambo cosplay... and Wal-mart didn't have enough cow pattern to make the shirt T _ T

:O that might just work...where do I find paint pens? :3

....on a side note: i notice there's no Hibari love in the poll >>  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers