Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
"easy" cosplay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is L(from death note) an easy cosplay (read post first)
yeah! You just throw on a shirt, and throw on some pants, and throw on a wig and: BAM! cosplay!
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
its in the middle somewhere.
31%
 31%  [ 31 ]
Very difficult: it takes a true expert to get this cosplay right!
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Impossible cosplay. 'nuff said.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
.....Orange Chicken??
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 98

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:46 am
There is no such thing as an easy cosplay. Yes I have done closet cosplays for school and for a cosplay meet up before but I admitted they were awful. But most stuff I work on I take Months to plan. I cannot sew so finding stuff at thrift stores is quite a task. People think my May from Pokemon is an easy cosplay, admittedly she's not finished yet, but I spent three days just figuring out how to do her hair and right now I really wish I could add the little details. Without those it looks horrible. I have friends who are saying my Maron cosplay is an Easy one because I just have to do my hair put on tights a leotard and a green shirt but it really isn't. It takes three hours to get my hair correct and I have to sew the shirt up, I also have to alter a pair of shoes to be dance shoes.

I guess my biggest problem with Easy cosplays is that sure the outfit is easy to pull together but the wig is forgotten. Wigs are needed in cosplays such as L, Misa, Light, Ash, Rukia, Orihime. They can't be bad wigs either. I own eight high quality wigs that I can use for any high quality most the characters I like to do, plus I am getting more here soon. People tend to overlook that wigs have to be correct or it doesn't work. And if I may add finding and styling your wigs is the hardest part of any cosplay.

Another easy cosplay Ouran!
Some kids at my school think that
if you carry a bunny stuffed animal you are Hunny
If you dress formal and act emo you are Kyouya(I totally proved them wrong by dressing formal and wearing his wig)
If you act bubbly and outgoing you are Tamaki
and I really don't know what they did for the others.

Oh another thing I hate is how people think casual cosplays are easy hell to the freaking no
I spent four hours one day figuring out what to do for a casual Rin cosplay because my actual is not yet completed. Many people spend weeks or longer working on the casual cosplays. I have spent a month pulling together a Pajama Rin. My friend spent two months coming up with a casual Naruto. She embroidered her jacket with Uzamaki and everything! Casual cosplays are not easy. They are a bit simple when it comes to Vocaloids because you follow a color scheme but they are really hard and once again they need wigs!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 am
L is actually really easy if you have short hair or a wig, wash out dye, a come and hair spray. It's called teasing.

If people are specifically looking for an easy cosplay, thinking it's easy and just throw it together with a huge lack of effort of course it's going to look bad.

For any character you need some sort of face make-up or hair styling / a wig. For both genders, so many characters have interesting looking eyes & markings.

Most death note characters are easy, most casual characters are actually.
In fact even seifuku wearing anime gals & guys are easy. You can alter the clothes easy or sew them, they're so very basic even a novice can sew them if they have use of a machine.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

-Kureisuchi-

5,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 am
mmm what ones from vocaloid? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm
What I personally think is a good cosplay would be someone from Durarara!! I mean Mikado Ryugamine should be pretty easy & his friend Masaomi Kida is easy to just need the blond hair, a yellow scarf and some pants and walla!  

colorlessone

Anxious Seeker

Glitter Bob-omb

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 am
My Lara Croft cosplay was pretty easy. I had most of the things in my closet and borrowed the guns from a friend. XD I had a wig and braided it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm
A lot of cosplay's are easy as you can alter or buy similar pieces. Circle lens are more widely sold, as well as wigs.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 pm
At Sakura-con the "easy" cosplay seemed to be Okabe Rintarou from Steins;Gate. You saw Okabes everywhere. And to be quite honest, it is a pretty easy cosplay - Belt, short hair (slicked back), stubble, lab coat, black shoes, grey top and tan slacks and you're done! But a lot of the times I was wondering to myself "Is that another Okarin... or just someone in a lab coat?" Either the shirt would be wrong, or they'd do the hair wrong, or they'd have different coloured pants and the whole thing would be thrown completely off. (Leaving poor Mayushii to wonder if she saw another Okabe or if she was going crazy.)

But that's what I like about my Okarin. He made sure that he got everything down! (Except the colour of Okabe's phone) Okabe's mannerisms, every thing about his outfit, he slicked his hair back, he would start talking on the phone randomly, he grabbed my (Mayuri) hand and started bolting places randomly. He even always argued with our Kurisu (though they kind of just do that anyway.)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm
o3 o  

Laravely

Beloved Lunatic

10,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 pm
Easy cosplay=pokemon trainer....
Exception=Team Rocket (look at Jesse's freaking hair)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:37 am
I see too many people being lazy with cosplay anymore. Six years ago L's and Lights used to be in character. Now it's just L clones wandering around not even perching on chairs. LOL  

Heddy-oji

Aged Dabbler

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 am
Empresss Spiral
"Simple doesn't mean easy, and easy doesn't mean simple."

THIS!! I completely agree on that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 am
Heddy-oji
I see too many people being lazy with cosplay anymore. Six years ago L's and Lights used to be in character. Now it's just L clones wandering around not even perching on chairs. LOL

sad truth but at Anime Boston 2011 I was sitting next to an L that was sitting in that special way only L does. Personally I think that would kill your feet but I was happy to see him in character.  

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100

himelia

Shadowy Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:27 pm
Any anime character in a school based anime.
A pokemon trainer.
Orginization XIII (If you keep your hood up)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm
himelia

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

I like your Sig

I don't know any simple cosplays, unless you count making a tektek and cosplay that (which I have never done, though it would not surprise me if some people did)

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:14 pm
My Narutaki cosplay was easy enough, as I already had most of the stuff in my closet; a long coat from a thrift store and a floppy hat from Wally World later, and boom! -- Narutaki. xd

My Dave(from Code Monkeys)cosplay is only slightly more difficult, as the only REAL effort I've put into it so far was painting the design thingy onto a shirt. I still dunno if I have the perfect pair of pants lying around, though...  
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff