Welcome to Gaia! ::

Goldfish Nightlights

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing you a friendly arena guild! 

Tags: avatar arena, contests, everyone, goldfish, nightlights 

Reply Original Group Entries - Warrior Women, Magical Men !
Week 19: Role Playing Goldfish Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goldie Lights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:17 am
Week 19: Role Playing Goldfish
Create an avatar to represent an archetypal class in an RPG

We're a bit rushed on this one since we've already reserved our June group entry and LoEA's got the later half of May all tied up (we're not complaining, it was unavoidable!), but we think you can manage!

The theme for this group entry is to create a character for the Goldfish Nightlights RPG! It's not a real RPG, of course, we're just designing characters for it because we're nerds!

Here's the drill: When you sign up, reserve the class you want. By "class" we mean anything like a "job" system in most RPGs. Which is to say, things like "Red Mage", "Black Mage", "White Mage", "Fighter", "Dragoon", etc. Once you've nabbed that class, nobody else can take it! We want a party full of totally unique characters for our game, right? Right!

For a more comprehensive list of classes/jobs and what they do, visit the quote below the signup list! If you've got a job/class to add, post it and we'll consider! Please note that it must be a LEGITIMATE class found in an RPG! We're going for more common classes/jobs, hence "archetypal", but we'll gladly welcome others!

Also note that since we are making characters for a game, we would really LOVE some diversity in the cast. RPGs are cast in fantasy settings, so let your imagination run wild! Create totally new races using the skins Gaia's made available, we like that kind of stuff!

Participants
- Goldie Lights [Tactician/Tutorial Girl]
- Ion [Black Mage]
- Maldoria [Summoner]
- Corrupted Fate [Paladin]
- Litta [Hunter]
- Heaven_Leigh_Treasure [Geomancer]
- Don Nando [Thief]
- xiixJonesyxiix [Archer]
- EntourageLights [Dragoon]
- Lai Lai Moofy [Bard]
- Sukuya [White Mage]
- Eternalized Oath [Time Mage]
- Colorless111 [Gunner]
- Renkon Root [Monk]
- Nigte [Tamer]
- Riyo [Red Mage]
- k.k.razy [Dancer]
- Mindset [Techromancer]
- Mystic [Sage]
- Wizzleteats [Ethermage]

Class/Job List

Archer - Long-ranged fighters who use bow & arrows. They may sometimes come with the ability to fight at close range with daggers or knives. In tactical games they come with the benefit of being uncounterable to characters who can only attack at close range.

Assassin - Characters in the assassin job typically specialize in skills rather than stats. Their best assets are usually speed, status inflicting moves, and low-accuracy OHKO attacks. In some games, such as Final Fantasy, these characters use bows or katanas.

Bard - Characters classified as bards usually have special non-combative abilities like letting another character move again (e.g. Fire Emblem), giving them various status buffs (e.g. Tales of Destiny), or inflicting statuses on enemies (e.g. Final Fantasy). They're weak in attack power, but make up for it with their abilities. They wield a wide array of musical instruments as weapons.

Black Mage - Black Mages specialize in offensive elemental magic like fire, thunder, water, ice, and earth. Their defensive capabilities are low, but they shine in that they use offensive magics, something that most enemies have very low tolerance to. They are especially helpful in battles in which an enemy is only weak to one specific element. In some games they are also capable of learning the abilities of other magic classes like summoning, inflicting statuses, or healing. Their weapons vary from tomes, staves, knives, even hammers.

Blue Mage - Blue Mages have the ability to learn enemy techniques. They wield a variety of weapons, but usually curved swords.

Dancer - See Bard. They typically wield things such as tambourines, ribbons, and other dancing accessories.

Dragoon - Lance wielding knights typically adorned in dragon-esque armor. In Final Fantasy these characters are particularly famous for their "Jump" skill, an ability in which they leap into the air and crash down on the foe for increased damage. They are sometimes also capable of wielding swords, but the lance is their weapon of choice.

Geomancer - Practitioners of Earth magic. They wield a variety of weapons capable of bringing out the powers of the earth against their foes.

Green Mage - Green Mages learn status inflicting magics. They wield blunt weapons used for bludgeoning and maces.

Gunner - A more advanced long ranged fighter. These characters use a variety of guns such as pistols, rifles, canons, etc.

Hunter - Like archers, they wield bow & arrows. They use traps to hinder opponents such as nets, explosives, poison traps, pitfalls, etc. They are also capable, in some series', of capturing monsters and taming them to fight alongside them.

Monk - Martial artists who fight with their firsts, nunchakku, and other close-combat related items.

Ninja - Like the assassin, the ninja is capable of quick, lethal blows. The difference is the variety of weapons and utilities at their disposal. Often capable of dual wielding weapons like swords, sai, or knives and using ranged throwing weapons like shuriken or kunai. Also are sometimes capable of delivering physical elemental attacks based around the elements: Wood, Metal, Fire, Water, and Earth. They are also savvy in illusionary techniques.

Paladin/Holy Knight - Armored characters, typically in white, who fight primarily with swords. They will usually come with offensive light magic and minor healing techniques, as well. In some series (e.g. Fire Emblem), these characters are actually well-rounded units mounted on horseback. In these appearances they are not capable of using magic.

Red Mage - Physical fighters who are capable of using abilities such as Dual Cast to cast two spells at once. These characters can learn elementary magic techniques from all of the colored mage groups (Black, Blue, Green, White). They use rapiers.

Summoner - Powerful mages capable of summoning terrifying creatures to fight for them in battle. Summoners use rapiers, staffs, and whips.

Tamer - Characters capable of capturing beasts and having them fight alongside them. They wield whips.

Thief - Quick but weak tricksters who steal from enemies. In tactical games (e.g. Fire Emblem) they are also capable of picking locks on doors and chests. They wield knives and daggers.

Time Mage - Mages who can alter the flow of time. They can freeze time, slow enemies, quicken allies, etc. Sometimes capable of learning offensive magic of Black Mages. Wield staffs.

White Mage - Mages who heal their allies. They usually don't learn offensive techniques until well into their leveling and are usually the last spells that they learn. They can mend damage, relieve status effects, resurrect characters from the dead, and in some games buff stats for a limited time. The only offensive magics that they are capable of learning is Light magic. They wield staffs, bow & arrows, hammers, etc.

Don't forget that you are not limited to just these classes, but if you want to make an avatar for something else to let us know what it is! heart

Here are your keywords:

RPGoldfish, GoldfishNightlights, TurnBasedFish

We will enter during Week 18 (May 3rd-9th)! I know that's just next week, but you can do it! Mark your calendars!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:22 am
Black Mage~  

Ionetta
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Maldoria

6,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 am
I'm in ^^ jot me down as a summoner whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 am
Paladiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin~  

GentlemonMatt

Naughty Shapeshifter

21,490 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Anhelitta De Celine-Val

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 am
I think I want Hunter...that way I can make something close to Archlord Moon Elfs again. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 am
Oooh Geomancer please!  

Heaven_Leigh_Treasure

9,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Don Nando

9,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 am
Steals the thief position  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 am
Archer  

xiixJonesyxiix

EntourageLights

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 am
Dragoon, I'm sorry I didn't get to make it on the Phobia entry, due to computer problems. sad I'm positive that I'll be able to make it this time ! pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 am
Bard please.
However, if it takes place during the later half of June to the end of July, I MIGHT not be able to do it, unless I have access to Gaia from S. Korea, which is pretty likely. :3  

Lady Moofy

Sukuya

O.G. Bunny

14,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 am
White Mage.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:09 am
Thought of a class: Sentinel. they provoke enemies to attack themselves to protect other members of their party. They have an increased defense stat and various techniques to defend themselves. They use emblems to increase their defensive capabilities. They wield no magic, but can counterattack to deal damage.

Also, there is no swordsman class?! =O

Anyways, i'm taking time mage.  

Eternalized Oath
Crew

7,750 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

Colorless111

6,850 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:10 am
gunner will be mine biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:50 am
all of this ... BUT NO BERSERKER?????
(( If you don't know where to look as a beginner to RPGs, look to Final Fantasy 5 ))  

Felix Jude Virgo

Nigte

Tipsy Warrior

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 am
OH can i haz tamer?

all the ones i wanted are taken TT.TT  
Original Group Entries - Warrior Women, Magical Men !

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games