Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Oh hai. ;D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Afro's back from CHINA yo!
  :O
View Results

Amazing Afro Girl
Crew

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm
Guess who's baaaccck. biggrin
Afro is. After her 2 week adventure to China. It was amazing.

I spent the first week staying with a family in Tanggu, which is in Tian Jin. My host student's name is Cui Yanan. Her family was so welcoming and warming. During that week I went to her school, took part in activities around the school, performed the Evolution of Dance for the school, and loads of other things.
The second week I was a tourist kinda. I went to Beijing and saw the Bird's Nest, Tienamin Square (i do believe I spelled that wrong, sorry I'm really incoherent right now. I just got back around midnight), and the Silk Market. We spent a day on the Great Wall. Not sure which section, but it was an section that has not been restored yet. It was so surreal.

Best time of my life.

So how is everyone? Did I miss anything? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:32 pm
"So how is everyone? Did I miss anything?"
I r meh,...

and i don't think ya missed much

hope ya had a blast in china  

wo_nyrmo

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:21 pm
Sounds awesome.
I really want to go to another country one day soon, mostly Europe. I'd really love to go backpacking around Europe, but somehow, I don't think I have the money nor am I sure my mom wouldn't die of a heart attack during it.

The Silk Market sounds interesting. Is it just filled with really beautiful silk or something?  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:16 pm
I hope we see some pictures, because I would love to place images to what you described.

Have you bought me back a panda as a present? Or maybe some bamboo?  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Amazing Afro Girl
Crew

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:17 pm
PainfullyVivid
Sounds awesome.
I really want to go to another country one day soon, mostly Europe. I'd really love to go backpacking around Europe, but somehow, I don't think I have the money nor am I sure my mom wouldn't die of a heart attack during it.

The Silk Market sounds interesting. Is it just filled with really beautiful silk or something?

Actually no. The Silk Market is like a huge shopping mall where you can bargain. Yes, there are some silk products, but for example, the bottom floor was nothing but bag shops. Each shop pretty much sold the same thing as every other one, and each shop sold nothing but bags. I dunno why it's called the Silk Market. :/

@Yaoi - If I can, I'll put up some pictures. I'd tell you they're on facebook...but I don't feel like giving out my name. LOL.
Nooooo. I brought back shtuff for me though. ;]  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff