Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Rant: 3-year crush, finally decided to be myself

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I act like myself around him?
  Yes! If he likes you, he'd better like you for who you are!
  No, you might scare him off; just tone it down a bit.
View Results

Alasse Earfalas

Hilarious Autobiographer

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:31 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Okay. So I'm not your typical girl. I'm hyper. A spaz, even. I enjoy running around and randomly invading people's personal space, preferably glomping them. What can I say? I'm just very affectionate with people. I love life, and I like to share that love with others. If they ask me to stop, I will, & I won't be hurt or anything as long as they're up-front about it. I'm loud. And hyper. And very, very random. I have several friends who all love me for who I am. I've been loud & hyper & random & glomping them from the get-go, and they've all seemed to become friends with me because of it.

So. There's this guy that I've had a crush on for 3.5 years now. He's amazing. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for any other guy who might measure up to his level of amazingness, but haven't found anyone. After three stinkin' years, he's still the best I've found.

He's crazy and happy and affectionate and random like me. He's also a chick-magnet, so-to-speak. I don't know if any of the zillions of girls that flirt & talk with him all the time actually have a crush on him or not, but still. I hate competition, and the fact that they're all skinny & I'm not doesn't do much for the self-esteem.

Anyways. So he just came home mid last week after being out of the country for two years. I saw him for the first time today since he left, and I nearly lost it. I literally dive-bombed my best friend to stop myself from running up to him screaming & glomp-tackling him like a mindless fangirl. (It was pretty funny. And very pathetic. xd )

I was really scared to talk to him because I was afraid that I’d sound like a complete idiot, so after getting a hug from him, I somewhat-kinda-tried to avoid him for the rest of the day. My mom’s been telling me for years to not act “too crazy” around him because I might “scare him off”. And, when I came home today all shaken up & nervous/excited/worried about his arrival home & what might become of it, she (in trying to help me, bless her heart) started going off on the same topic.

Well, you know what? I’M SICK OF IT!

I am SO FLIPPIN’ TIRED of being told to change the way I act just for this one guy because I might “scare him off”. I’ve been a nervous wreck around him for years because I’m afraid I’ll mess up & “scare him away”. You know what? I didn’t scare ANY of my friends away by acting this way. They all love me, even though I’m loud, hyper, random, etc. If this guy I like is “scared off” by the way I act, well, too bad. I’m to the point now where I don’t even care anymore. If he’s really the guy I think he is, I’ll be able to act completely and entirely like myself, and he won’t care. I mean, who knows? He might actually like me because of that. This doesn’t change the fact that I still have a major crush on him, it just means that I’m going to go out on a limb, take a huge risk, and am going to go about this a completely different way.

I love you, mom, but I’m sorry. I have to follow my heart on this.

So that’s my rant. Comments/advice? Please? Kthx. User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 am
Be yourself; don't pretend to be someone that you're not.
Don't sweat relationships and crap; you're young... sure boys are great but being single is pretty sweet.

What would happen if you guys were to start dating and eventually move in together? You are going to be spending at LEAST 8 hours a day together; could you handle not being yourself for that long?

Obviously when you move in with a significant other some changes do happen, even when you date someone for a long time it happens! I love my boyfriend but after we moved in together there were a few things he did that irritated me.. so he doesn't do them as often.. and same with me! XD

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:53 pm
That's what he told me.
When you counter, don't let them cut you.

I agree, you should be yourself. Besides, if he liked you for who you weren't, then he wouldn't really like you at all.

When you protect someone, don't let them die.
When you attack, kill.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:01 pm
No offense to your mom but I think she did not give you the best advice, probably because she does not have all the information. If he is like you, he will very likely relate to you acting like yourself. Guys almost never like girls who are too shy to talk to them.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff