Stupid me?
  Yes.
  Nah.
View Results

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 am
Okay, so.
Today I was wasting time in the Union before class, as usual. Dorking around on my laptop and talking to people, as usual.
But then out of nowhere, this guy comes up to me and says something. I didn't quite hear him since I kinda forgot that I was listening to music on my laptop, so he motions to headphones and I jumped a little bit and pulled them from my ears. Thinking he just wanted directions somewhere, I sit up, smile, and ask what he needed.
Oh dear goodness.
He explained that he was doing a type of competition and that he needed the help of tons of people, and thought he'd ask me since I looked like a nice person, and a bit of a sweetheart. Okay, I said, and nodded. He sat and introduced himself, asked my name (Said it was a pretty name), and further explained what he was doing for the competition (He even asked if I had a boyfriend, wondering if he needed to watch over his shoulder or something).
So I figured out that it was an exclusive competition with only 1000 contestants across the state, competing for a paid sponsorship/scholarship to study for engineering, along with $1000 to spend on school-related items. Asked what I would do with one thousand dollars (Spend or save?). I said save. he said "Really? I have seven sisters, are you sure you wouldn't even spend on a pair of shoes or something?" I said nope, learned at an early age to not spend when you don't need to. He high-fived. (One of several times.)
So basically, he was selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for either St. Jude's or send magazines to soldiers overseas; and that each subscription was worth points.
Blah blah blah, most points wins. The donation is even 100% tax-refundable., and his sponsor (Barnes & Noble) would match all donations.
Okay, so I agreed.
While picking out a subscription (If I bought one for myself, they would donate to both the hospital and troops), I picked out Game informer, he gawked, asked how old I was, I responded, he groaned and asked why all of the cool girls were so young, I laughed thinking he was joking.
While filling out the slip, he made a comment ("Has anyone ever told you that you have angel eyes?" "Uhm... Once." "Well, you have angel eyes." o.o) I laughed again, shaking it off as another joke. He continued to make little remarks, saying that he was single, and if you're ever taking applications for an older boyfriend to send one his way and he'll fill it out. (Oh dear lawd, cheezy but cute.) I made the donation, he thanked extensively, asked for a hug for good luck, remarked about Karma and now that since I had hugged him, my karma would rub off on him and that everyone would see his beautiful karma now.

... I know I'm an idiot, but MAN I loved it. He probably just said all of that to get donations, but it was really sweet.
Somewhere in there he asked if anyone had noticed that I have vampire teeth (My canines are a bit more pronounced than your average person's) and that Twilight is big; I could be some kind of model; The new Bell. (It took a lot to not go "Nonono, I'm not really a Twilight fan" and ruin it)

I'm such a lame-a**, I'm still pretty jittery from that, but it's been years since anyone has flirted that openly with me before. And he seemed honestly shocked that I didn't have a boyfriend.

And to repeat myself, I DIIIIID get a receipt to go towards taxes for next year, so I wasn't scammed. I'm not that stupid. =P

/End pointless rant

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:05 pm
your right, he could either have done that to get donations or he could have actually been flirting with you. Do you see him any more?  

purple_lover02

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:15 pm
Did you get his number or did he ask for your number?  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 pm
Heh, that was kind of interesting to read. xD
I dunno about the scholarship part, though... I mean, it could have been a different one, but we have the exact same thing going on in my town. And I live in a town of like 15,000 people with a teeny community college. But there's a bunch of kids every summer who go around houses trying to sell magazines for points for a scholarship... sound familiar? xD
Anyhoo, sounded like a fun experience. Tell us if he ever returns. =)

Hersheydudette

XxXluna eclipseXxX

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 pm
wow. that is really interesting.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out