Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 pm
Ever since that unforgettable day where I almost get rapped, its hard for me to be around guys or to that matter even date one. I know my William will never do that to me, he was so angry when he heard that he wanted to fly down to CA to help me.

The problem is that I'm afraid to be intimate with men, if I try all I see is the face that tried to really hurt me, I don't want this to be a problem when I meet my boyfriend. Some times even thinking about being all lovey dovey to a guy is a problem.

Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 pm
I've been in your position before. I don't like talking about it, but it happened months ago with someone who I trusted a bit too much.

I had intimacy problems for a while and it took many therapeutic sessions for me to return to my old way of life, which , in my case, is normal for me, but it's also a.. really bad thing which I won't get into.

I suggest that you undergo exposure therapy to cope with this traumatic situation.

I used to work with a few psychiatrists who treated sexually abused/ rape victims and this coping mechanism is proven to be quite effective over the long term.

It'll take patience and it'll be difficult to recount the event, but It's well worth it for the long term and the future.  

Jenitorturer

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 pm
Vysper
I've been in your position before. I don't like talking about it, but it happened months ago with someone who I trusted a bit too much.

I had intimacy problems for a while and it took many therapeutic sessions for me to return to my old way of life, which , in my case, is normal for me, but it's also a.. really bad thing which I won't get into.

I suggest that you undergo exposure therapy to cope with this traumatic situation.

I used to work with a few psychiatrists who treated sexually abused/ rape victims and this coping mechanism is proven to be quite effective over the long term.

It'll take patience and it'll be difficult to recount the event, but It's well worth it for the long term and the future.

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it goes for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm
Mochiccino
Vysper

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it goes for me.

To give you a heads up on what to expect..

It'll be really rocky and you might even have to sort of "relive" the incident and be asked to elaborate on the specific details on what happened, what the attacker/aggressor looked like, a description of the person you were assaulted by..

And you might even have to take a bit of medication along with the exposure therapy. It takes a few weeks, maybe more, maybe less.

You'll probably be asked to revisit the scene of the incident and familiarize yourself with a person who resembles your aggressor.

I'm sure if you really put forth all your effort and will into this, you'll pull through.

I wish you the best of luck with this. heart  

Jenitorturer

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces