Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
In Rememberance...Uncle Penny

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-RintinBookworm-

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 am
Memorial of My Uncle

User ImageMason

Vietnam VeteranUser Image

User ImageHamradio Operater

Renal CancerUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am
In Loving Memory...

Carl Eric Norman Takle passed into God's hands Monday, April Twenty-sixth, 2010 in the Medical Center of Plano, Texas after a short battle with Renal Cancer. He led an honorable and full life up until he was too weak to fight the sickness taking over. Though he died a shadow of the man I knew and loved I want people to remember him as I do and forever will...

My Uncle was the first born of four children; in La Jolla, California to Knute J. Takle and Erma Helen Takle. His close friends and family nicknamed him Penny as his intials spelled CENT. As a youth, Carl was active in the Boy Scouts, earning the Eagle Scout Award with palms and later joining the Knights of Dunamis Service Orginization. His other intrests included surfing, fishing, model trains, tinkering with electronics, and learning to play Mandolin, Bassoon, and the Bagpipes. He was fourteen when my father was born, but they quickly came to have that close brother relationship as he didn't share with his two younger sisters.

His college years were interrupted by the Vietnam War, during which he enlisted and served in the Signal Corps of the U.S. Army in Thailand and Germany. Upon returning to the States, he completed his Engineering Degree at Virginia Tech and became a registered Professional Engineer. He went on to a distinguished career of more than thirty years working for Texas Instruments and Raytheon, achieving the title of Engineering Fellow. This award is a great honor as only five people have been given this prestigeous award. It recognizes the hard work and sacrafices he made throughout his employment. My uncle applied his life long interest in Amateur Radio to emergency response refforts and Skywarn. He enjoyed photography, camping, and traveling, and he could cook a really fine steak.

As a Mason, he was very active in Plano Lodge 768, where he served as Worshipful Master during 1995~1996, this made history as at the same time, my father became the Worshipful Master at his lodge. Though my uncle never had children of his own, he supported the youth, both in his family and community in many ways. For many years he served as an advisor and treasurer for Plano Assembly 320 of the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls and he frequently participated as a judge in the annual Co-Co Best competitions. When visited his nephews and nieces he was always ready to give you advice, he could be quite blunt in the delivery, but he definitely made us think. He freely talked about his memories of traveling around the world and looking into his family's history, and had a sharp sense of humor that was matched only by his sharp wits. Some of my most treasured memories of him include learning something. My first time looking through a telescope to look at the moon and stars, many museums throughout a variety of states and D.C., fun little science experiments in the kitchen before dinner. Though he didn't have a wife and children, I know he would have made a very good father and husband through the love he showed to my siblings, cousins and me.

My uncle now rests at Restland Memorial Park, in Dallas, Tx. next to my grandfather and grandmother. We miss him dearly, but are glad to know that he is no longer in pain. I know he is watching over those he left behind. That's exactly the kind of man he was.

-RintinBookworm-

Timid Explorer

-RintinBookworm-

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:13 am
Reserved  
Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items