Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
Straight People? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solange-Perfection

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:04 pm
so what do you think about straight people? But more importantly ones that dissaprove LGBT's?

User Image

User Image
Approve?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 pm
we don't hate them for being straight, so why should they hate us for being gay/lesbian/bi/etc etc?

Seriously.  

EclecticDrops

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Solange-Perfection

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Yeah people should get used to the fact that LGBT is a part of life. You can't avoid it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:25 pm
I don't really think about sexuality, I just go with it.
As for the disapproving folks in the world today, it could be a lot worse.  

Excalibur Foxe

CelticCatGoddess

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 pm
I pretend to be straight...and never tell most that I like girls as well as guys.....ALL of my loved ones are straight.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:40 pm
Jo Dual
I don't really think about sexuality, I just go with it.
As for the disapproving folks in the world today, it could be a lot worse.

○○○

Gotta say I agree with this.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion... whether they're gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, etc etc etc.

Discrimination is discrimination. So I don't separate people by their sexual orientation, or their gender, or age, or anything else that cannot be helped.

So for me to say I "dislike straight close-minded people", it'd be generalizing all straight people, and also, there's no point in disliking someone because of their own way of life or their judgments.

It's only someone's opinion to bash or not agree with homosexuality, and no matter how hurt or mad someone's opinion can make me, I know that it's impossible for me to change anyone, and I also know that people are people and I can accept anyone for who they are, even if they piss me off or I disagree with their thinking.

Luckily, we are currently witnessing a transition into a more open-minded, less uptight society in this day and age, so as bad as we might think homophobia and discrimination still is... there has been worse, and will always be times that are unfair and far from enjoyable. But that's life, and so I learn to cope with setbacks and hatred and I try to love everything and see the light side of things as much as I can.

○○○

Ealdwic

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lyeburn

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:45 pm
The majority of people I know are straight, so I think straight people are awesome... but I can't stand straight people who disapprove of LGBT people. Especially if they're not even trying to understand or be accepting.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 pm
Solange-Perfection
Yeah people should get used to the fact that LGBT is a part of life. You can't avoid it.

Welll.... Ill be the smart a** and say ya you can actually

pluck out your eyes and destory your ear drums lol ;D

then all the haters will be like"WHERE ARE YOU f**" and we will be like"oh look the white trash is here" 8D  

Ants In Your Underpants

Malevolent Friend

25,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gaian 50

Excalibur Foxe

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am
Ants In Your Underpants

then all the haters will be like"WHERE ARE YOU f**" and we will be like"oh look the white trash is here" 8D

i find that totally racist sad  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:53 pm
it's just a fear to things they don't understand and can't comprehend
don't let any of it bother you
you don't need their approval to be happy
everyone has their opinions and that's all they are.  

l3unnychan

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200

FlightlessAngel5569

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 am
I just see people for who they are, not what they are. So just like it's wrong to hate someone because they're gay, I don't hate someone because they are straight.

Along with my girlfriend, I do tend to hang out to gay males and straight females (I'm a lesbian) because that's just my comfort zone and who my close friends just happen to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:14 am
There have been bigots since the beginning of time, there is nothing new under the sun, nothing that can be done that hasn't been done before, I only pity them for their closed-mindedness and try to live my life as an example for the ignorant.

Tsukiko Yamayuri

Proxy Gawker

8,075 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:37 am
Generally, when I get s**t for who I am, I hope that they see the irony when I say "Look, it's not like I don't like the heterosexuals, I'm not heterophobic or anything, but I just don't see why they feel like they have to wave it in our faces. Like, I don't care if someones a ********' hettie, it's just, I don't want to have to see that on the streets. It's revolting."

If they somehow missed it, I'm contented to simply jeer right back at them "Go have another child, baby factory hetties!"

Does that make me a bad person?
Maybe, but it IS ammusing.
Not many people are prepared to be called a hetterosexual with the same repulsion they call us faggots and dykes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 am
Many of my friends are part of the LGB community (don't really know any transfolks well). Many of my friends are straight. Some of my friends don't particularly care for some LGBT people due to their very visual fashion and culture. Hell, I don't particularly care for seeing some gay guys in frilly shirts and short shorts myself, but hey, that's just my opinion. The straight folks are entitled to their opinions of us too, but when they try to limit our freedoms with that opinion is when I have issues. That, and when they tell us to 'burn in hell' or 'jump off a bridge, f**', because that's just plain insulting and hateful. I'm pretty sure they don't want to be on the receiving end of that.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Neon Raine69

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm
lyeburn
The majority of people I know are straight, so I think straight people are awesome... but I can't stand straight people who disapprove of LGBT people. Especially if they're not even trying to understand or be accepting.
I agree 100%  
Politics and Debates

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces