Submit

IzzyCW

Gracious Fatcat

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:36 pm
Okay so my one friend was going out with this one guy and they broke up.
It has been months now and she doesn't like him anymore but I do...
My other friend who is budds with both of us (and has a boy friend) told me that I couldn't date him but than the next day I could..
I don't want anyone to know that I like him... but than I do...
She asked me she could ask him if he like me I said okay what ever there is only like 5 day of school left.
And that is the other thing I like him a lot but their is only 5 days of school left.. So lost..

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Honestly, I find the whole "Never date your friend's ex" rule a bit ridiculous. I mean, they broke up. The guy is fair game.
I can understand leaving some time between their break up for him to get over her and her get over him, so don't just dive in for him like, the day after the break up, but I find the rule not to ever go for him just ridiculous.
The guy isn't her's anymore.
I say go for it. If you like him, you like him. You can't change your feelings and your friend doesn't have ownership over him. She can't tell you not to.
If you need someone to talk to about this, don't hesitate to say something to me about it. I've been there :3

But don't EVER listen to the "don't date your friend's ex" because then my mom wouldn't have been married and she would never have had my two baby brothers. You never know what could happen. That rule is just made up my some bitter girls who couldn't let go of their guys <3  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm
Angel Nicholson
Honestly, I find the whole "Never date your friend's ex" rule a bit ridiculous. I mean, they broke up. The guy is fair game.
I can understand leaving some time between their break up for him to get over her and her get over him, so don't just dive in for him like, the day after the break up, but I find the rule not to ever go for him just ridiculous.
I say go for it. If you like him, you like him. You can't change your feelings and your friend doesn't have ownership over him. She can't tell you not to.
If you need someone to talk to about this, don't hesitate to say something to me about it. I've been there :3

But don't EVER listen to the "don't date your friend's ex" because then my mom wouldn't have been married and she would never have had my two baby brothers. You never know what could happen. That rule is just made up my some bitter girls who couldn't let go of their guys <3

I agree the rule can be taken a bit too fair. You'd think people could just use their common sense; I mean if it's your best friend and you know she's still head over heels for the guy then it's a bit insensitive, but if it's just some guy she used to have a casual thing with then why not?
It's not about ownership of the poor boy, it's just about trying not to hurt anyone's feelings.
@the OP: Won't you be able to see him when school finishes?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:37 pm
LyricalSoul93
Angel Nicholson

I agree the rule can be taken a bit too fair. You'd think people could just use their common sense; I mean if it's your best friend and you know she's still head over heels for the guy then it's a bit insensitive, but if it's just some guy she used to have a casual thing with then why not?
It's not about ownership of the poor boy, it's just about trying not to hurt anyone's feelings.

I dunno, I don't think it should be a problem if she's completely over him. Especially if she was the one who ended it because she didn't feel it or something like that. If they were completely head over heels, and they broke up, she was over him and it had been quite a while (about a year at least) it shouldn't be a problem at all. I mean, like I said before, he's not hers anymore and if she's over him (always make sure and if you have doubts, I say investigate) he should be fair game. Ya know what I mean? I'm not trying to be insensitive here sweatdrop  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 pm
Angel Nicholson
LyricalSoul93
Angel Nicholson

I dunno, I don't think it should be a problem if she's completely over him. Especially if she was the one who ended it because she didn't feel it or something like that. If they were completely head over heels, and they broke up, she was over him and it had been quite a while (about a year at least) it shouldn't be a problem at all. I mean, like I said before, he's not hers anymore and if she's over him (always make sure and if you have doubts, I say investigate) he should be fair game. Ya know what I mean? I'm not trying to be insensitive here sweatdrop

Lol, I wasn't calling you insensitive, I was agreeing with you! I think it's silly people use it as just a solid rule without looking at the circumstances. If she's over him, no harm done.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:57 pm
LyricalSoul93
Angel Nicholson
LyricalSoul93
Angel Nicholson

Lol, I wasn't calling you insensitive, I was agreeing with you! I think it's silly people use it as just a solid rule without looking at the circumstances. If she's over him, no harm done.

Haha alrightie, just making sure xD
I just don't get why girls try to force that rule on their friends til the end. I mean, there's been a couple of my ex's my friend's dated. Because I didn't follow the rule, i wasn't a b***h about it, and their relationships worked fine (for a while anyway sweatdrop ) I just think it's silly. Just because they didn't work out for you, doesn't mean they won't work out for your friends =P  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:28 pm
User Image

There are some situations in which it is never appropriate to go after a friend's ex. If any of my friends decided to go after the guy I was with for two and a half years and planned on marrying as soon as he'd ask me... I don't care how much time has passed since that one ended; it's distasteful and unthoughtful even to think of going after him if you're my friend. Especially anyone who was there after the breakup and saw how upset I was.

But if it was a case where the relationship had lasted like just a few weeks or a few months, then that shouldn't be too big of a problem as long as there's no lingering emotion or resentment between the former couple.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

There are some situations in which it is never appropriate to go after a friend's ex. If any of my friends decided to go after the guy I was with for two and a half years and planned on marrying as soon as he'd ask me... I don't care how much time has passed since that one ended; it's distasteful and unthoughtful even to think of going after him if you're my friend. Especially anyone who was there after the breakup and saw how upset I was.

But if it was a case where the relationship had lasted like just a few weeks or a few months, then that shouldn't be too big of a problem as long as there's no lingering emotion or resentment between the former couple.

Yeah, like we both said, if the friend isn't over them, then it's not okay because it does hurt.
But if they are over them, then there's nothing wrong with it and nothing the friend should really be able to do about it. I mean, they're over him and he's long gone.
Not trying to be mean, but we need to make these rules clear xD
If there is no lingering feelings between them, then it's just ridiculous to listen to that rule.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 pm
I agree with what they've all said. And one of my guy friends has given me lectures on that. xD He says it's so stupid when a girl holds back just because of her friend went out with the guy when the guy likes her. Apparently, it can really hurt the guy.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games