Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Suites, I need your good thoughts! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:23 pm
So hey everyone, Qui is in need of your prayers/good thoughts!
My granny was taken into hospital on Sunday and she's really seriously ill. They think she had a stroke and she doesn't recognise anyone. They said there's fluid in her lungs and heart and they didn't know if she'd still be there tomorrow. So I drove up and met my folks and a few of my aunts and uncles at the hospital tonight. She looks terrible, she's on oxygen and she's completley delirious. I had a moment with her before we left because it may have been the last time I'll ever see her.To top everything off, I have an exam tomorrow so my mind isn't going to be anywhere near prepared for it. My mum said she'd ring me tomorrow after my exam to let me know if anything happened.

So basically, I'd really appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you guys could offer, I feel kind s**t at the minute.

Sad Qui is sad sad

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm
This is kind of like the exact situation with my grandfather who just passed away.

Anyway, I hope she get's better. Just keep hope.  

ecopper12

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:17 pm
I'll pray for her.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm
I'll pray for her before I go to sleep tonight. =(

I'm sorry to hear this.

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm
I'm sorry to hear it. sad I hope everything turns out okay.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm
I'll pray for her and get my Bible class and homeroom class to pray for her too.  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm
Thanks alot everyone, I really appreciate it. You guys are the best <3

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:22 pm
never stop praying and hoping people !!!!also hope she gets better  

shonji2_rin2

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 am
Keep positive Qui <3  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:36 am

I shall pray for her, too, Qui.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:19 am
-hugs-
I hope she gets better. <3  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 am
I'll keep her in my prayer tonight.

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 pm
Everyone, thanks alot for all your prayers/good vibes, I really appreciated them. Unforunatley, my granny died this morning. She'd fought really hard and she deserves a rest now. Thanks again for the support you guys <3

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 am
I love this Psalm. Iunno, even when I was an atheist, I liked it, so many it will bring you some solace.

Quote:
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

This life does suck, because it is riddled with death, disease, and destruction. I know the death of a loved one, especially a grandmother, is a hard thing to deal with. When I lost my grandma to cancer when I was 16, I was a mess. Since my dad was never in my life, she was like a parent to me and it hurt so much that she died and I missed her terribly.

But iunno. Ever since I became a Christian, I just have a more positive look on things like that. Sure, I still hurt, and yeah, I still miss loved ones who have died. However, I believe with everything that my loved ones who loved God are now dwelling in his presence, pain free, and He is great and mighty to serve them, save them, and wipe away every tear. Heaven's awesome. It's not portrayed as some cloudy place where everyone becomes fat and gets a diaper. And I am so happy to know in my heart that God has prepared a place for all of my loved ones who loved him, and that he prepares a place for me.

It's the only reason I can now have no fear in death nor dying. I don't fear it. In fact, in a way (and especially on some days) I look forward to it because this world can downright seem like hell.

I know you're an atheist and I know you're probably thinking everything I said was BS, but I dunno. I just felt like sharing. smile

I hope this time is not bad for you and your family, and I will keep you in my prayers.  

comfylove
Crew

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:47 am
My grandfather died of a stroke last year. So, if you need anyone to talk to, just for maybe an understanding, I'll only be a pm away.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff