Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FF11 White Mage: Tarutaru V.S. Mithra

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:48 pm
I've decided that I'd like to play FF11. I won't be able to start for a few days, given that my computer's drive lacks DVD-Rom compatibility, so I had to order an external drive. So I've decided to do some research to help optimize my character.

Given that I like to play support/healer in any given game, my choice of class is White Mage. However, I'm having trouble selecting my character. Here are my two choices.

Tarutaru:
Their high MP pool makes them a great choice, and in any game, high mp means you can heal for a very long time... but their low HP leaves them a tad... squishy. So if the tank or I screw up, and the mob attacks me, then my situation would only be improved if a giant rock fell on me. At least they would take damage too.

Mithra:
In any game, it is common knowledge that the party is screwed if the healer dies. While they have less MP, they have more HP. So in case of a minor incident, I won't die. Mithra also have the same Mind stat as Tarutaru, and still tie with Humes for the second highest MP stat.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:37 pm
I used Elvaan as my White Mage
My Taru Taru was Black Mage and Summoner
My Mithra was a Thief and Ninja

I like Mithra's better good all around stats  

l Sailor Cancer l

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm
Well... My shameful lack of knowledge about XI doesn't make it easy to help, but judging by what you say, I'd go with Mithra. Dying = bad, yes, and so long as they still have decent HP and Mind (I'm assuming is Magic...), it sounds great.

'Sides, I like the Mithra... They're pretty. Sorry I'm a terrible help. sweatdrop  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games