Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
[IMPORTANT!] Regarding the 40 GC Link [Do Not Delete!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:41 am
I moved this to a normal thread as the majority of users who could have clicked the link should have seen this by now. By no means is this thread irrelevant anymore but it is no longer (or was it every really) dire. It is always better to be overly safe/protective than sorry. <3

Hello everyone,

We were informed that there is a link going around Gaia that grants every user a free 40 GC. However, we at FIA are sad to announce that this link is considered a glitch and using it can be seen as being a violation of the site's Terms of Service. If you clicked on the link, do not spend the GC that you have been granted. If you have already spent the GC, do not sell the item that you have received. Contact a mod immediately in regards to the free GC and ask them to remove the GC or the remaining amount and the item(s) you bought with it.

This thread will be updated as we receive more information from Moderators. Please feel free to post any questions or concerns that you have regarding this glitch and we will try our hardest to answer them.

Please also be aware that if you are caught sharing the link after this announcement is sent out, you will be banned permanently from FIA. We support getting the most out of Gaia in regards to free items and events around the site but we DO NOT support exploiting glitches to get freebies.

In addition, we have been asked by the Moderators to help spread this information about the link. So please, if you see someone talking about getting the free 40 GC or you see the link itself, post a warning in the thread and report the user sharing the link. Also, please inform your friends about this glitch and ask them to pass along the information!

Our very own John Reese informed us of the nature of the link and quoted another user who summed up the glitch well:
Dlen Isolde
User Image
User Image

I need to advise everyone here NOT to use the link that gives you the 40GC.

That GC was given out last year during Gaia's Promageddon event. It was only suppose to be used during the event. When the event was over any who had not used the GC lost it and any left over GC was taken away. We were not meant to keep any of the 40GC after that. We are NOT meant to receive it now.

Thus clicking that link and getting the 40gc is a glitch. Using that 40gc will be considered exploiting the glitch. Which is against the ToS.

User Image

Please be aware that clicking the link to redeem the 40 GC could be seen as a bannable offense! DO NOT spend the GC you have received if you have already clicked the link. If you had, DO NOT sell the item(s) you received with the GC. Contact a Mod immediately.

Please be aware that spreading this link could also be considered against the ToS of the site. Any member of this guild caught sharing the link will be banned permanently from FIA immediately! Please spread the word about this glitch.

New Information!
Two moderators have confirmed that the Admins are aware of the link and to use it is frowned upon but no action will be taken against a user's account as long as they do not spread the link around nor do they get the points on multiple mules. In other words, overusing the link is a form of abuse according to the ToS but they are aware of the issue and are working to correct it.

IflanaNifi
Just don't pass the link around and make others aware that it is a glitch. Don't worry, you won't be banned over 40 gaia cash. ^_^

Para
leesha
I was given a link, and passed this same link to others, that gave me Gaia Cash that was from the previous Prom.
I was not aware that we could not use this link and was informed that it was just another 'Free Item Offer' from Gaia.

I was informed that we weren't supposed to use the link and to contact someone immediately.
I've done several offer on the Gaia Cash page as well so have additional cash aside from the one given by the link.

I have not spent any of the Gaia Cash.
I'm not sure if I fill out a form in the Help Center or contact a Mod/Admin.

Thank you if you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

You're free to keep the cash but please do not make or use mules to get the cash as that would be considered abusing this link. The admins are aware of the issue. Do not send the link out to anyone either.

Thanks for asking about it however.

Thank you,
Free Item Archive Crew  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:11 pm
User ImageHi! I'm the vice captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild. May I share this vital information with our members in our upcoming June newsletter?

You said: "In addition, we have been asked by the Moderators to help spread this information about the link."

Do you have any official statement from Gaia's administration concerning this glitch?

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:15 pm
Ebony the Peacian
User ImageHi! I'm the vice captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild. May I share this vital information with our members in our upcoming June newsletter?

You said: "In addition, we have been asked by the Moderators to help spread this information about the link."

Do you have any official statement from Gaia's administration concerning this glitch?
No official statement yet. No one seems to feel the need to reply to my PMs, sadly. Feel free to share the information, though!

If anyone has any other information to add, please do. It will be a huge help!

Edit: Oh, my gosh. Even with two people reviewing the announcement I still mixed up the C and the G...I edited my post but it is too late to edit the announcement. Please use the revised information above, thank you. <3  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:33 pm
Whoa! Thanks for the information.  

Aries Mu 34

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Fulkth

2,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 pm
Thanks for the info!

I had a message all typed up and then this stupid computer froze.

Ugh, this is cutting into my booty grab time. Stupid problem. >.<

I clicked on the 40GC thing before I joined the guild and found out that it was a glitch. Now I'm stuck with this ill-gotten cash.

And it would be easier if someone created a thread saying: These are the people who accidentally clicked on the link! Take their 40 GC back! My mules got them too, all 3 of them! D;  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:40 pm
thank you for telling us, i've already started informing my friends. taking my current internet connection, i should be done in a week.

i'm glad i got a small group of friends.  

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:50 pm
If Gaia is aware this is a problem it seems rather silly someone in admin didn't take 5 minutes or less to just disable the glitch.

I won't go look for the link or use it but 40 cents worth of GC doesn't seem worth a ban. Gaia wants you to pay $10 for the halo that is only animated in some places and only for a month.

I appreciate the information though. smile
You got to me before I knew about the link.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm
What do I do??? I spent the cash on a black long-stemmed rose and gave it away... I kept the last 15 GC... D= I can't be banned!! I finally have 4 gimpis! gonk  

Ditto Blob

Shameless Lover

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:03 pm
Carolina says...
when i clicked the link, i didn't get anything...
yeah so to me it was just inactive
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:21 pm
puppy112211
What do I do??? I spent the cash on a black long-stemmed rose and gave it away... I kept the last 15 GC... D= I can't be banned!! I finally have 4 gimpis! gonk
As of now, try not to worry too much. We are trying to contact people to get a clear answer. I honestly do not think they will become ban-happy about the situation as it is their mistake but because it is exploiting a glitch (which is against the ToS), being banned is possible. Let's just wait until we have more information from the higher-ups. Hopefully, at most the ones who clicked the link get a warning instead of ban.

If it helps anyone, I seriously have my doubts anyone will get a permanent ban over this situation. Unless you constantly post the link despite multiple warnings, that is. I did only state that it could be seen as a bannable offense. Just stay calm, contact a mod, and if they have any information that may help out the rest of the guild, please post it here!

I did not mean to create a panic posting this! I just want my guildies to be informed about freebies, all the good and the bad involved.  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

Mokonae

Vice Captain

Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm
i remember that link but i never knew it'd still be working.
but thanks for informing us; i believe i've spent that gaia cash when it first came out xD  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 am
User Image
User Image

I got a response from the Mod Para.
He give me the A-Okay to share this with you guys.

User Image

User Image
User Image

Para
leesha
Para
leesha
I was given a link, and passed this same link to others, that gave me Gaia Cash that was from the previous Prom.
I was not aware that we could not use this link and was informed that it was just another 'Free Item Offer' from Gaia.

I was informed that we weren't supposed to use the link and to contact someone immediately.
I've done several offer on the Gaia Cash page as well so have additional cash aside from the one given by the link.

I have not spent any of the Gaia Cash.
I'm not sure if I fill out a form in the Help Center or contact a Mod/Admin.

Thank you if you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

You're free to keep the cash but please do not make or use mules to get the cash as that would be considered abusing this link. The admins are aware of the issue. Do not send the link out to anyone either.

Thanks for asking about it however.

User Image
Thank you for your quick response!
Is it alright if I post this in my journal and quote you in the guild I shared the link with?
It's so that others I gave the link to know about it and don't really know what to do.
User Image

User Image

That's fine. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

leesha

6,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Blitzkraig

Dapper Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

So I guess it's alright to use the GC?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:17 am

I think that's what he's saying. Exploiting it by using it on 10 mules and passing it out to all your friends will get you banned, using it once on your main account is fine. This isn't something you share with all of your friends, that can get you banned.

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:06 am
From what we have been told, I would say it is okay to use the GC. Just spread the word about the link being a glitch and abusing said link could lead to trouble. ^^

Also, do not use the link on multiple accounts or share the link with others and everything should be fine. <3  
Main

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff