Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"Published" n_n

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:53 pm
I've been doing our press ads and things like that for a while now, but today I had my first sort of major thing published (:
My boss wanted me to organise a 4 page press release which turned into an 8 page lift out feature in our newspaper. So it got sprung on me last thing Friday afternoon that I'd have to do a lot more work on this than I'd been expecting, and deadlines were sooner because of a few different reasons.
So basically I had 2 days to get everything designed and organised. Thank goodness for journalists doing the writing, all they had to do was interview me for all the info and they wrote the articles for me. I think if I'd had to do the writing as well as the design in 2 days, I'd have had a melt down >_>

So, here is a scanned copy of the feature for anyone who's interested. By the way, it's not actually that bad quality, the scan has broken it down and Google docs seem to make PDFs go gross when you upload them.
I'm pretty proud of myself (:
Click  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 am
Wow, that looks really awesome, grats Lici!  

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:42 am
Looks great! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 am
Cool!  

epic failtastic

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cinnamon_Digory

350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 am
looks good! 'grats!  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 am
That awesome!
I can tell you must have put a lot of time into that, 8 pages is a lot! Especially to have sprung on you at the last minute.  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:36 am
SykotikKytten
Wow, that looks really awesome, grats Lici!

I love your avatar!

Thanks everyone x)  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 am
Hey, congratulations! ^_^ You're moving up in the world!  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:47 am
Awesome. x33
It's great seeing your work in print. You make me kind of miss doing print work. XD;  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:08 am
~*~

That's really cool. Congratulations!

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am
That's awesome. x3;

I remember how much time I spent on m 2D Design project designing a book (all of the cover, title page, and 4 pages inside it more like), so I feel for you. Doing it within 2 days would suck though part of the time I spent was trying to figure out Illustrator and design rules. XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm
Szen
Awesome. x33
It's great seeing your work in print. You make me kind of miss doing print work. XD;

Yeah, it's very rewarding xD A different kind of rewarding to doing billboards, because everyone actually gets newspapers xD

Pain: Yeah it was a bit of a stress, and I already knew how to work Illustrator :P I was actually having trouble with getting the design to look good for the front page, my boss wanted these three images on it and they just didn't look good with any way I laid them out. He actually suggested doing the slicing like I'd done on a previous job, and it worked perfectly xD My boss is a genius in my moments of melt down :P  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces