Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
My siblings are screwed...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

lgtenos

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:27 pm
... because they can't do chores for crap, haha. I'm always the one who's doing tasks around and outside the house: walking our dog, feeding him, washing the dishes, doing the laundry (sorting, washing, drying, folding, putting them away, and sometimes ironing), sweeping the wooden/tile floors, vacuuming the carpets, dusting, and even cooking [when I feel like it].

My brother is about 2 years older than me, but he does nothing but play World of Warcraft. My sister is about to become a 9th grader, but she's hopeless when it comes to physical work. I leave for my dorm come August (and I leave for boot camp in July). I just have to weather 1 more month, then they'll be in for a rude awakening, because they'll have to pick up their own ******** s**t now instead of me~

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 pm
My brother is pretty much the same as yours, but not quite 2 years older than me.
I figured, once I left last August for freshmen year, he'd finally pull his head out of his a** and become a responsible member of society. Nope. Still lives at home, is only taking a choir class at a community college, has supposedly turned in more than 30 job applications with nothing to show for it and is working on more but I've never seen any, and still has to be reminded to do things he should be doing and should have been doing for the last 10-15 years. Like his own laundry. And basic personal hygiene. =_=;;

Hopefully, your siblings will turn out better than mine. Harass them from afar.  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

diffun

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 pm
from your title-mabob, i got the impression that you meant like... kind of ******** up... for lack of a better expression.
if that was the case, i would have been all like "my best friend's 15 year old brother is a drug dealer..." because it would seem relevant.

but my brother's hopeless when it comes to chores.
then, we never got 'chores' as such, just told to clean and stuff whenever it needed to be done.
but my mum did write us both a list yesterday, i was a little offended.
xD

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:50 am
My brother is pretty woeful as well. He's 11, so he should know the basics by now, but he still leaves his empty sweet papers wherever he pleases.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

lgtenos

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:26 am
Fuji_hobo_jacket
Harass them from afar.
Hahaha, I'm putting this as my sig.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:01 pm
klynkz
Fuji_hobo_jacket
Harass them from afar.
I'M TOTALLY SRS THOUGH!

Every time I skype'd with the family I spent a solid 5-10 minutes bugging my brother to keep on top of his life.  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:50 pm
Fuji_hobo_jacket
klynkz
Fuji_hobo_jacket
Harass them from afar.
I'M TOTALLY SRS THOUGH!

Every time I skype'd with the family I spent a solid 5-10 minutes bugging my brother to keep on top of his life.
And I don't blame you. You can't imagine how many times in the past I've bothered the hell out of my brother to even do the simplest of tasks (like taking out the garbage). Many years later, he's still lazy, but now I've given up. Oh well, it's not really my concern anymore. Again, I [finally] move out in 2 months, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:05 pm
I'm the "hopeless" one in my family.
I don't clean the house... or my room.
I re-wear jeans until they're no longer acceptable.
[My shirts are always clean]
I hardly keep up with hygiene aside from putting on
deodorant & brushing my teeth.

I do have a job though.
: P

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm
SweetScentOfSweat
I do have a job though.
I find that hard to believe.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm
They might actually start cleaning if there isn't someone there doing it for them. Unless they are the type of people who don't care about clean clothes or what they eat, then they might not. But then, they probably won't care regardless then.

I know my brother don't give a s**t about that stuff. He barely does laundry. He doesn't buy new clothes unless my mom takes him when he visits. But he doesn't care. It doesn't bother him at all. He's perfectly happy living like he does. XD -shrugs-

And while I did clean up some before I went to college, I honestly never did a whole bunch around the house. Partly because my mom never assigned roles after a while, she just wanted everyone to clean up something if they saw it not clean. Her definition of unclean is a lot different than mine. But my room was usually a mess with clothes everywhere. Etc. After moving out, I've gotten to the point that my room stays clean with the exception of some book and craft clutter. I actually clean my dorm, usually by myself. So, it's a matter of needing to learn. Either you will because it bugs you enough or you won't because you don't care.

And I'm pretty sure (as sure as someone can be over something on the internet) that Sweet does in fact have a job. She's made several threads elsewhere about it. I doubt she would lie about it before now. XD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:42 pm
Hopefully they end up smartening up and do their fair share.
Dishes aren't hard to do.. either is cleaning up a bit.. especially if you have people to share the chores with.

When I lived at home I never did chores though.. I was an only child and lived with my mom.. she did everything.. she thought that is was bad to make her daughter do crap around the house. rofl
Everyone who knew me thought that I'd be doomed in the real world.. now I'm a house wench and I keep a pretty clean house. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:49 am
Yeah, hopefully they'll learn soon, because I'm not the only one noticing; my parents are somewhat strict (especially my mom), and she expects nothing less than cleanliness at all times. Guess I've grown so accustomed to her way of clean living that it bugs me to see even half a sink-full of dishes.

Oh, and I was being sarcastic about Sweet's job. It's just so unfortunate that emotion is rather difficult to display on the internet, heh.  

lgtenos

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am
klynkz
SweetScentOfSweat
I do have a job though.

I find that offensive.
I have motivation & all that other stuff you do,
I just don't show it in my house.
(:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:52 pm
SweetScentOfSweat
klynkz
SweetScentOfSweat
I do have a job though.

I find that offensive.
I find the whole situation humorous.  

lgtenos

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:32 pm
I find not reading all of the posts makes me look stupid.
haha.
I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.
I'm normally fluent in the language it just seems
my translations suck when it's not verbal.
(:

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff