Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm
So,
My boyfriend and I have almost reached the year mark in our relationship. Honestly, I don't have any complaints about it; he's smart, talented, never fails to make me laugh, and is very blunt with me, (which makes me respect him a helluva lot). However, he has one major flaw: he's into a few drugs.

Its not anything seriously major like meth...but I've been worried about it ever since I've met him.

And before anyone asks: I personally don't do drugs. At all. I can't even stand being around someone who smokes. My boyfriend is cool with that and has never tried to get me to do any of the things that he does.

My big problem is that now I'm starting to get the feeling that he loves getting high more than he loves me.

Like sometimes, (now increasingly), I'll be talking to him through text message or PM, (he's got a Gaia as well), and he'll just quit replying, then later on he'll tell me that he was high on something, (he's blunt with me, remember?), and that he forgot that he was talking to me and he’s sorry.

Normally, I would toy with the idea of breaking up with him and move on with my life, but I really am in love with this guy and I've been known to overreact easily.

I'm sorry if this post is hard to understand...I'm a little all over the place right now.
Please, can anyone help me out?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:59 pm
you said he was blunt, so, be blunt back. ask him to his face if he likes his addiction more then youand wich is more important to him and talk it out. sweatdrop i mean, its better then just breaking up with him, or worse, putting up with those feelings for your hearts sake.  

9_Beautiful_Monster_6

6,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 pm
I'm not exactly sure what to say.
My advice would be to discuss this problem with him like the person above me said.

Maybe he doesnt realize that what he's doing is hurting you? Just let him know how you feel and maybe you two could work it out. *shrugs* I hope that helps...

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 am
9_Beautiful_NightMare_6
you said he was blunt, so, be blunt back. ask him to his face if he likes his addiction more then youand wich is more important to him and talk it out. sweatdrop i mean, its better then just breaking up with him, or worse, putting up with those feelings for your hearts sake.

I agree.

Have you asked him to stop before?

M e h P u s s N B o o t s

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:11 am
M e h P u s s N B o o t s
9_Beautiful_NightMare_6

I agree.

Have you asked him to stop before?

I haven't asked him to stop before, not really, its always just been something that he's done that I've overlooked to avoid conflict.
But you all have a good point, and I will talk to him about it.
Thank you all so much.
heart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm not sticking up for what he did, but.
I just have to say, don't underestimate drugs.
It can REALLY control you, like you have no idea.

It has a strong power over people, and it's kind of hard to break away from...

Teal Heart

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 pm
i think you guys should talk about it. Start by telling him that it bothers you when he gets high and forgets about you, and you'd like to work out a way that it doesn't happen again. I think a good solution would be that he sets aside some time to smoke, and tells you about it beforehand. He deserves some time to unplug, and if you communicate better I think you can stop it from getting in the way of your relationship.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games