Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Sad Memorial Day. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

But I guess the schools aren't the only one effected.

View Results

H o r n C a l l s

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:16 am
Thank Allah that there's no school.

But it is a bit strange, we only have seven days of school left starting tomorrow. Why even bother with another break?  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:36 am
See. I don't have off of school today because I've been out of school for a month now. XD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

H o r n C a l l s

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:04 am
Month break > Odd Memorial Day break

Yes please.

What's kept you for so long? 0:  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:18 pm
We got out of school on Friday, but God Bless the USA.  

Mister Insignificant

H o r n C a l l s

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:59 pm
Mister Insignificant
We got out of school on Friday, but God Bless the USA.

If only.
I still have a paper due in A.P. On Conan O'Brien of all things.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm
I always feel awkward when I see someone pair the word "happy" with "memorial day" confused Isn't it supposed to be a somber day of rememberance? Cause saying "Woo yeah I'm happy a bunch of people died in war for me" sounds kind of wrong O_o'  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

H o r n C a l l s

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:25 pm
Remembrance, or lively celebration and appreciation that there are those willing to die for their country.

Whichever you prefer. But I've fixed it any way.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 pm
I'm sure there are holidays like that in the UK, but my mind is kinda going blank at the moment. Could count Saint Patricks day as national "drink yourself stupid" day though.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:14 pm
It's like a funeral. You've got the sad part at the church where everyone's bawling and reading pretty stuff and then you go to the gravesite and put them in the ground and everyone's really bawling now.

Then there's the wake. Food. And celebrating the life of the person who died. Telling funny stories and just generally pushing through the grief.

That's how i kinda think of memorial day.
>_>;

Also ;; i don't have off from school toda because i've been off from school for about 5 years now. xD cool

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:16 pm
yaoinut
I'm sure there are holidays like that in the UK, but my mind is kinda going blank at the moment. Could count Saint Patricks day as national "drink yourself stupid" day though.

There's Rememberance Day with the poppies on November 11; I think it's celebrated in several commonwealth nations.

Bringer of Jollity
Remembrance, or lively celebration and appreciation that there are those willing to die for their country.

Whichever you prefer. But I've fixed it any way.

Aww you didn't have to change it on my account. I wasn't really offended or anything. Just said it felt weird, 'tis all. I've heard lots of other people say Happy, so I'm actually pretty used to it and pretend they're trying to stay optimistic for the future or something.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:30 pm
Your signature bothers me. :/  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm
Sorry, is that mine?  

H o r n C a l l s

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm
Don't let stuff like that bother you Comfy, the outspoken minority it refers to shouldn't be surprised to receive criticism because of it.

I don't even see it as even being aimed in your direction, all of us here know you are very tolerant of others beliefs.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm
I'll be happy to change it if it bothers you comfy, but if you can tolerate it, I'm rather fond of it.  

H o r n C a l l s

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm
Bringer of Jollity
Month break > Odd Memorial Day break

Yes please.

What's kept you for so long? 0:
Summer. o:
I'm in college, so my finals were on the last week of April, and I couldn't find enough summer courses to justify staying (nor find good online courses). I go back the 19th of August. >3  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff