Not cool

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm
So, some kid unfamiliar with copyright law posted a news article in support of bases and how they are SO GREAT.

I disagree with this. 99% of bases are, at their core, art theft. There is a difference between giving an artist credit and actually having their permission. I don't mind art made with bases, in fact some of my friends have made absolutely adorable images using bases, but it simply remains true that using another artist's work without permission, even if you're using somebody else's rip of it, is in general not the best way to earn yourself any deep-thinking support.

This is not my complaint today, though.

No, my complaint is that, however misguided, confused, and outright WRONG this girl may be... people were threatening to kill her.

To kill her.

For thinking people who can't draw deserve a chance to have proper anatomy in their submissions.

I can understand being upset that people using bases are taking somebody's art without their permission. I can understand being pissed off when you do know whose art it is, especially if it's yours or a friend's.

But to go up to somebody and say "Hey, I don't even ******** know what most of this is or who did it, but I'm going to kill you because you think it's a good idea"?

WHAT THE ********, INTERNET. COME ON.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:01 am
Ugh. Yes. This happens all the time with art thieves of any kind.

It's like some sort of disturbing mob mentality. A few people go crazy, and then it sets the mood and suddenly the right thing to do is completely blow everything out of proportion and go absolutely insane. eek

I don't support art thieves, but I do support acting like a decent human being O_o  

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items