Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Art Progression over the years

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 pm
Currenly working on this project and I have totally surprised myself with the quality.

I very very very rarely do any art, I've only drawn 6 non-doodles in the last 5 years... before that I would have only drawn in primary school and I don't recall doing anything good.

All have been flash dress up games xd

I was looking at my shop and considering how little practice I've got there is quite a big step up each time...
I am always really chuffed when I finish drawing them but when ever I draw a new one the previous always seems sooo s**t in comparison >_>
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(All except the green one are the same Gaia user)

If you feel like having a play with the games click below razz
It all started with a cat...
Leelee Kitty
Dino 2005
Dino 2006
Heartage <3
Practice Panda
l3EN
Dino 2010 (in progress)

Some spoons for you:
Do you art often?
What do you think of your old work now?
Isn't my new art piece awesome?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 am
Dude i soo wanna play that game when you are done...does dino know you are doing it??  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Blue Salt

Salty Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 am
I want to try that out also when you’re done. I don’t know how to make flash dress up games so that’s very awesome. I like your newest since its smoother and stands out more.

I haven’t drawn/done art as often as I’d like to. I used to do it every day but now I have to really try and find the time I can squeeze it in. The most I’ve been doing are a lot of random sketches on my free time of things I want to. Also I’ve been semi pleasantly surprised that I’ve improved over the years.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 am
Dino knows, he's been asking for a new one for a while. I think he knew I had finished with University for the year so picked this time to put the idea in my head razz

Weirdly, I drew the new one in about an hour when the previous one had taken ages to get right (long enough for me not to do it again for 2 years xd )  

scrub
Crew

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 am
I'm sorry. I'm still stuck on the word chuffed. XD;
I'm not even sure why I like the sound of it.

Anyyyway.
I only recently started drawing seriously in January. My work when I first started seriously sucked. Though I can't compare it to what I do now because the teacher kept them. ;o;
I think I'm going to study anatomy this summer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:40 pm
I can't see any of the hostultra ones. ;____;
I want them to snap into place though. XD;
I haven't done any art for a while. I wish I had the time. D:

http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls/690/Freddie_Mercury.html  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm
I undressed him an then exited out. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm
i art as often as i can, which isn't very often at all anymore

i did however make a stencil the other night

its a slice of cake, from the victory cake in Portal

i dig your flash doodles, its going to entertain me tonight ;B

mistuh s a r s

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm
I prefer to say haps than chuffed, but it confuses people.
I sit opposite, a mirror so when I do anatomy I just strike the pose, not sure what I'd do if I was drawing a female xd

Bwa, hostultra sucks, I just can't find anywhere better to host flash files.
I could make them snap into place but I decided not to because I find it more fun when you can use the items in unintended poses or purposes.
I would love if there was some way of linking together symbols on different layers so that they dragged around together but would allow other items to layer in between them.
Did you make that Freddie flash? Those costumes are seriously wow drawn.

Just wanted to see the goods, eh Light? I keep drawing man tackle on him for laughs but I haven't saved it as it wouldn't be very PG-13 razz

Sars, that stencil sounds like a triumph. Glad you liked the games smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm
Yeah, your way is better really. I just have to always make mine snap because I can't stand when they're not lined up nicely. But mine aren't dress-up games. XD;
You could link them using ActionScript. 8D Just in the drag part, have it update the x/y value of the 2nd thing as you drag the 1st thing. :3
No, I didn't make the Freddie one. I'm not nearly that awesome. It just came to mind when I saw yours. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 pm
All I have to say is what I've said before... which is that I liked your Dino dress ups before I even knew you and I totally think you should keep at. (first saw them way back when Noraboo had the Long Winter Nights art contest that she hosted with Dino which was back in 06)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 pm
I updated the newest one last night, drawings are looking a bit more swish, especially the cloak which I had fun with, and there's more items now smile

Will have to PM you a few idea I had Szen... I'm not to knowledgeable on actionscript and want to know if they're possible before I spend ages trying to do it xd

Ta Honsu smile
Did you ever see the Nora-ish one I did link  

scrub
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out