Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
[IMPORTANT!] Do not share 5,000 gold grant! [Do Not Delete!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 am
Hello, everyone

Some of you may remember the incident of the free 40 GC that happened not that long ago. It seems we have another grant that was considered exploiting and a moderator contacted us asking us to remove it.

Some of you may be familiar with the grant that gives 5,000 gold. It seems that this grant was only intended for those who got the link through email. Sharing this grant is considered exploiting, which can result in a ban. Continuing to share the link and using it on 10 mules will result in banning.
If you see a post or thread with the link listed, please report them. To show you we're not lying, here is the PM we got from Sharkworld, a moderator of Gaia.

Sharkworld
Hello,
Can you please remove the wake email link from your guide. The one that is set to grant 5k.
The intention was never for it to be freely distributed and should only be used by those who have recieved the email.
Can you please let me know once this has been removed & if you have it, the link to where it was first recommended to you so I can speak the user in question.
Regards
Sharkworld
Site Moderator

Thanks for reading, sorry to take up your time

Sincerely,

She and Him

Vice Captain
Free Item Archive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:47 am

If you know of any posts or threads where they share this link, report them.

If you have a thread or a post telling someone about this grant, delete the post or remove the text in the thread.

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

armadillodreamer

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:00 pm
I hope they plan on posting that warning everywhere. I know the link was shared like free candy in the GCD!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Hopefully they change the links URL and make it only accessible from the email.
Too many people know about the grant, someone could end up getting banned.

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

Fulkth

2,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm
Not sure if I got this one from a link somewhere, but I think I did.

At this rate, I'm going to get banned one of these days. D;

40 GC and 5k sooo isn't worth it!

I work hard for my gold, d#?/@*! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:08 pm

You can't be banned for getting it at this point. They hadn't sent out a warning or advise against it.
You weren't aware of it, neither were they.
Now, if someone were to spread the link around now, use it on all their mules, and tell others about it, you would get banned then. For using it once on your main account when they had said nothing about it, they wouldn't bother.

That means if you use the link now, you're aware that it's exploiting, which is against ToS, if you used it before when no one was aware it was exploiting it, you're fine.

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:20 pm
but it's not as big a deal as the 40GC link right? it's the one that needed the wake up email i think, and it doesn't work without it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:27 pm
geo serenity adlehyde
but it's not as big a deal as the 40GC link right? it's the one that needed the wake up email i think, and it doesn't work without it.
It shouldn't...but thank you for posting this information so quickly, She and Him. ^^  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

JoyRose

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm
Thanks for passing this along so quickly. I'd hate for someone we know to get banned because of a misunderstanding.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 pm

oh my )x
then i guess it's a good thing i got that link from another thread
sorry; i didn't know at the time D:

Mokonae

Vice Captain

Wolf

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Actually, it's the same case as the free 40 GC. It's not supposed to be accessible to the public, only for those who received the email. (The 40 GC was supposed to be only for the Prom Event, not for general public)

It's still exploiting it and they will most likely take the grant completely away if users continue to exploit it by using it on all their accounts.

That's alright, Mokona. We had gotten the link from someone else, we just removed it and warned others to keep it to themselves.

You're welcome. I thought I should get it out there quickly, as it was a very popular grant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Thanks for the warning, since I do remember seeing that link posted pretty much everywhere for a while. I haven't used it on any mules, though I could have sworn when I clicked on it on this account, it said I was an active member and couldn't use the link. Maybe I had just done it before and didn't remember, though. sweatdrop  

ayleria

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150

leesha

6,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:29 pm
User Image

>_<
I got the link from a random few I think weeks ago.
Man, Gaia is slipping.
Thanks for the warning.
I'll link people to this post

Edit: I forgot our forums were private.
Mind if I simply quote you She and Him?
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:49 am
Thanks for passing on the warning. It would be terrible to be banned for a misunderstanding.  

Zarabeth15

11,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500

Thiyavat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:11 pm
I'm sorry if this is dumb but:

I was reading the free item thread (which is how I found and joined this guild). I looked briefly at the first post, then scanned forward to the last one in the whole thread and started reading backward, so that I could get the newest stuff in that thread first.

As a result of this, I found the link for the 5,000 that was mentioned in that thread before I saw the warning not to click on it.

So I'm hoping that "you clicked on it, told two friends, then a few minutes later messaged both friends to tell them to not click on the link you just sent" is not worth Gaia's time to ban. confused

Anyway, my point is: if one is not supposed to click this link, would it be worth removing all references to it (e.g. the part where one person posts the correction re: the right URL) from that thread, in case of the sort of thing I just described? I realize this may well not be the normal way people read threads (i.e. that they don't even see the second post before reading the later ones) and therefore unnecessary because other people are unlikely to do what I did, but just raising it as a thought.  
Main

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff