Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm hooooome from A-kon!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's a marvelous night for a moondance.
  I want the Straight No Chaser cover...
  But the album isn't for sale like ANYWHERE.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:55 am
Preparing for A-kon ate my life for a month, and then the weekend itself, man, it's over so fast. crying I will probably not get to play as much as I'd like yet, though, 'cause there's another convention coming up in a few weeks...

Also, dudes, look at the cool loot I picked up at the con! ^o^
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 am
It sounds like you had a lot of fun! ^^

I wish I could go to a convention to experience what one is like, but the nearest convention is all the way in London, and I'm not from there so it would take me a coach journey to get there.

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love your Zack poster. That is a poster, isn't it?

I bet that the stalls have really cute stuff and judging by the picture you've posted, I'm going to say that yes they would.

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:20 am
I went to the one in London last year, it wasn't that great, I didn't even stay the whole day. The cosplays where impressive though.
I don't think we do it like the Americans sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am
I'm not sure I'm ever going to go to a con. It seems like fun, but I'm not sure if I'd like it enough to pay for the con and a place to stay the night.
So, maybe if a con comes near me, I will. The one that was an hour away was canceled and merged with this other con. xD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am
Ah, yes, he is a poster! That one's by an artist called sypri. I got the bookmarks at this table, too. Man, I could have spent so much money there, it was so gorgeous. *.*

American conventions are a lot like Japanese conventions, but louder. Much louder. I haven't been to any European conventions before, but from what I hear, you guys need to loosen up and go crazy! Geek pride, man! ^o^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm
I went to the Star Wars Convention that's in Little Rock every few years, a while back. It was pretty coo.  

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items