Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Dnd 3.5) Monster Hunter:Gaia Mission one Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 pm
Slay the Velociprey

Mission Type: Hunting

Goal: Slay 10 Raptors

Reward: 600gp

Requestor: Proud Farmer

Description: A pack of raptors have been preying on my cows! They're too much for me to handle. Please get rid of them for me.

After a uneventful sail boat ride, the small hunting party arrives at Rainbow Beach. The beach was classified as a safe area, because it was located inside a cave. Also for some reason the monsters would never enter. It was called Rainbow Beach because of the natural diamonds that grew in the walls and along the ground would reflect any light that hit them into an array of colors... This is the beginning of the first hunt, pass or fail, there fates now rest solely in the hunters own hands. As the Captain of boat you rode in on leaves with promises of returning in 24 hours. You get a sense of the grim fate that proceeds you should you fail. This is your story...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm
A man of a few inches taller than 6 ft had been petting a strong horse on the way over. Trying to keep it calm on the journy to the island. Asross his back was two sheiths, a pair of finly cleaned and kept blades where tucked there. A chain shirt under some basic clothes and over some under garments chinked as he gestured the horse to get up and follow him onto the beach.

His form was tight and fine muscle, a bit of bulk, but nothing overwhealming. A long black pony tail was wrapped in a tight braid down his back. A pair of brown eyes looked up and down the cave, they brightened a bit as he smiled.

Patting down his pockets he looks in a small belt pouch on one side and a lose bag on the other. Happy with that he turned to the boat and grabbed his backpack from the boat. A fishing net was hanging from one side of the bag, wrapped in a tight and profetional manner.

"Anyone ever foguth a rapter before?" He asked his fellow monster hunters as he took a hammer and stake from his pack. Moving a little deeper into the cave a steady metalic ring could be heard as secured a place for his horse.

((Do we know each other from before or are we all just meeting now?))

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:50 pm
(You guy's just had a boat ride together, but you had to keep your animals undercontrol. I don't see a kobold wizard starting any kind of conversation, and same goes for the insane dude that worships red dragons. So, you would just now have the time to meet the others.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 pm
((Yeah, about that. I've decided to do away with wizard and go Druid. It shouldn't change many mechanics, just give me a bigger animal companion. I'm working on the sheet as we speak; sorry to pull a fast one. I'm just going to say that any saving throw needed was waived, and since we're not in serious combat yet, there's no real need for the rounds.))

The scheming Kobold was already making plans. Sure, he wasn't evil, technically, but that wouldn't stop him from being a schemer. Everyone schemed. Benign rulers making plans for their kingdom's betterment were schemers. Deities who promoted their clergy's cause were schemers. Even creatures with as little intelligence as an animal schemed and plotted for their own survival. But, what was this Kobold's plan? Was it for the well-being of others? Was it for some divine cause? Was it just for his survival? All would be answered in due time, but for now...

"Why would I need to fight a Raptor? They're so cuddly, affectionate, fun to watch as they rip someone to pieces with their amazing claws and teeth while all the while adventurers yel and scream as their companion is torn to bloodied pieces! MUHAHAHA!!! Sorry, did I say that out loud?

No, I've never fought a Raptor. But, with a little bit of this..."

Xakeus used his Improved Wild Shape ability to take the form of a bizarre creature with the body of a Doppelganger emerging from beneath a blue-grey housecat creature the size of a St. Bernard. Spending his Assume Supernatural Ability on it's ability to Polymorph into any animal, magical beast, or vermin within medium size or smaller, Xakeus transformed into a myriad of different shapes,

"It should be a piece of cake."  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:52 pm
Looking up from having been staring at the diamond beach. "I would have to agree with the little lizard thing, it is immensely fun to watch a raptor tear someone into bloody little strips of cloth." He said, smiling wickedly as has eyes glowed in the radiant light. "But, in all honesty, this is my first time out. I really don't think we will have a problem though." He mentions, smoke escaping through his toothy grin.

He takes his spear and pokes at the "diamonds" growing everywhere. "Do you suppose these are real diamonds? Perhaps some form of clear sapphire maybe?" Following the man inside Illegris looked on as he hammered in the tether for his horse. "You know, we could always use the horse for bait."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
((...I accepted a kobold wizard, I wasn't around for the last 4 days so I didn't know about the change until today. Also so we don't bring the thread into Occ with little bit of game play I made a spot for arguing. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19361963

It is inside the Monster hunter's subfolder.

Edit:

I have made my ruling, in the OCC thread, so unless if you want to challenge it. please remove your occ posts from the game thread and less move on with the game. I am waiting on Clown' and bama's characters, but that doesn't mean you can't face a few with what we have.

And yes I said Challenge it, if you feel my rulings are ever unfair you can post your complaint IN THE OCC thread. My rule is still law, but that is not to say the law is written in stone. make a strong enough case and maybe I will change my ruling.

The ability in question, it has to be a really strong arguement.)  

Xboxplayerj

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:59 pm
Geo looked between the lizard and the other human. Patting the horse he turned back to the two before him. "We could also you use as bait" he replied.

A small smile played upon his lips as he routed though his back pack "I dont think they are dimonds, it takes great pressure undergound to create them. But I could be wrong in this case" He added as he pulled out a large and thick pad and a small box, opening it up he shook a few small ink vails.

"I'm going to map the area around here, close to where the farmers cows are" He swung the back pack from his shoulder and lent the pad and ink set down on a dry section of rock.

Taking a second stake, he drove this one into the wall this time. Gripping the spot closest to the wall and hammering up on the head he created a small hook where he hung up his back pack.

Taking a moment he began setting up a few relitvly flat rocks to support the iron pot he took out of the bag, with enough space underneeth for fire wood later he left it as it was for now.

"Anybody else have any good idea's to prepare?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:38 am
Xakeus, now in the form of a Baboon, shrugged his shoulders. He looked at his hands, switching them around for a variety of weapons using his morphic weapons ability (He can create different natural weaponry; nothing too crazy in the way of natural weaponry) and looked back at his allies.

"Hmmm... If one of us were to scout the area, we might be able to find the Raptors before something else finds us." Xakeus suggested, looking down at Sly'derr.

Xakeus transformed himself into Geo, minus any gear or other items,

"Any volunteers?"  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 am
Shaking his head and chuckling. "Ok, ok sheesh, it was a joke!" Turning to look at the kobold, now baboon, now Geo, Illegris laughed. "That, is an uncanny imitation of our stoic "friend" there."

"I guess I could go take a look around. See the sights, maybe bring back a snack of sorts." Using his spear like a walking stick, Illegris walks to the exit of the the cave, peaks around the corner and carefully makes his way along the narrow path. If there is no path, he forges his own, marking trees as he goes by. He will travel about three hundred yards out, making a circle and then return with news of anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 am
(Illegris and anyone else who is going to walk out of the safety of the cave. Please roll a spot check, also if anyone wants to mine he diamond gems then you can. You will just have to break rock.)  

Xboxplayerj

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:24 am
"Well I'll go and make a map of the surrounding area of where the cows are" Geo said as he picked up the pad and the ink set.

((I'm not sure of what the surrounding area is like, dense jungel, cliff like, so one so I'll keep it simple))

Grabbing the bag off the wall. Geo petted his horse lightly on the head before he headed off as well. Making his way to the area where the cows would be, he kept his weapons at the ready.

Edit : Well that was all hindging on nothing happening anyway XD Rolled a 7 on spot. I'm not seeing anything*Duck's and cover from Rathalous*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am
With a huge imploding noise two shapes land in a heap in the middle of the cave. A mild though currently annoyed voice cuts through the grunts and groans and tinkling of metal. "Gitoffa me. Brother I may say I love you, but THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEAN. GEROFF!" On the opposite end of the vocal spectrum, a deep yet patient voice placates the other, "Give me just a moment. Okay. Swing your leg from under my shoulder blades and that should give me enough room to let me move my elbow so it isn't pinning your other knee against your..." Immediately the first voice inhales deeply, "Oh! That's good. Heaven, almost. Hey, couldja reach into my pocket and get the last stone so we can separate?"

"No can do brother. You used one to get us out of town. One to get us to the docks. One to get us out of the middle of the ocean or sea or whatever it was. And finally two to get us here. And I think I lost the remain bear meat."

"Crud. Well let's get separated and then figure things out. Can you summon Shame?"

"I could. But I could also kindly ask these nice folk that's surrounding us to help us-AH! Move your arm! Move your arm now please!!!" With another jumble of noise and shuffling. The pained cries simmers down to quick, shallow breathes.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers