Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I love this new job!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 pm
This week I am working at a waiter at The Royal Ascot, which is a big horse racing event for the upper classes, the Queen attends and so does a load of celebrities.

But ******** them, they don't make it great.

There are over 300 waiters in my company working this event and I ******** lucked out so hard.
Myself and 5 others are doing waiting for "The Carriage Club" which is about 30 people, who all arrive on horse drawn carriages which are parked up right next to the tracks.
They have a pre-set menu, so I don't have to take any orders at all. All I had to do was pour teas and coffees and take plates to and from the tables.

They where eating lobster, crab claws and loads of other yummy foods and deserts. They left SO MUCH, it was actually a real waste, even after myself, co-workers and manager stuffed ourselves with lobster and all this other food we still ended up throwing plates of it away.
It was kinda heartbreaking to throw away all these great deserts because none of us had room to eat them.

One guy gave us £20 between us each race to bet on a horse. We didn't win, but we came incredibly close, picture finish and ours came in second sad

The horses ran straight past as to, if we stood at the barriers they came within 5 meters.

Our manager Calibaro was a legend (I doubt any other manger in the places lets the waiters munch the food) he was friends with a jockey to... this jockey who had just placed second rides past on the way back to the start line our manager yells "Nice one Frankie!" and he just turns and yells back "Ey Calibaro!" and blows him a kiss xd

I have 4 more days of this and the weather is going to be better cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm
welcome and gratz to you  

Senri -l- Shiki

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Senri -l- Shiki
welcome and gratz to you

Welcome? He's been here for years o.O

@Scrub: That sounds awesome! Glad you're enjoying it so much biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:57 pm
I AM VERY JEALOUS. That sounds awesome. Except for the icky seafood part.

You should have fixed yourself like 5 plates for later. ninja  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:32 pm
And you thought you were going to hate it xD

I'm glad your job is going well <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 pm
Haha yeah xd
It could have been different, the restaurant next to us has a s**t manager (our manager said he was s**t to) and all the waiters complain about him and how crap it is working there. So I consider myself very lucky smile

Today Chef made a curry out of the beef trimmings (that would have been binned) for the staff... which sounds mediocre... but this was from prime fillet steak, not the fatty bits, actual good high quality steak smile The sauce was really nicely spiced with some tangy vegetables and currents.
Hands down the best curry I've ever had and I've been to some expensive curry restaurants in London. I the amount of it I ate, there was loads, probably would have cost over £30.

Washed this down with some delicious pink champagne, which was probably very expensive as the guests (who arrive in £100,000 carriages) had brought it themselves.

We earned £50 in tips between the 5 of us and got given £40 to put on horses (which we lost >_>)  

scrub
Crew

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 pm
That sounds totally awesome, Scrub. My time as a waiter was hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:47 pm
I would love to eat all of that good stuff. Jealous!
Sounds like a good time!  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm
There have been a few d**k heads but none big enough to ruin more than the instant.

One guy swatted a plate full of desert away really arrogantly when one of us went to place it in front of him... but one of the other people from his table came along later and apologised on his behalf. We where really nice to that guy afterwards, as he didn't have to do that, shows that not all toffs are snobs smile

Another guy made some snide remark about not asking if he was finished when I was clearing his table, pissed me off as all the plates where empty, but I kind of embarrassed him by being a bit condescending and going "What was that? Did you need something?"

Manager warns use before hand about the regulars who can be pricks razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 pm
When you said User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I imagined you working with Lenny Henry. That's about the only thing I can think of that would make a waiting job better than what you've got. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items