Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Why do I get all the stupid clients? -___-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

???
  Dogs barking. Can't fly without umbrella.
  The Green Canary flies at Dawn!
  The heavy flag flaps not at night.
  The peaches are MOST DEFINITELY NOT RIPE.
  I'd like to buy a "bunny".
View Results

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 pm
This time... I did this project for a client who gave me a script spelling out exactly what they wanted and they gave me a template to use. So I did it... And then they reviewed it and told me that it wasn't what they were expecting.

..... ???????

So they tell me what they really wanted, and none of what they said was in the script OR the template. What WAS in the script and template is exactly what I gave them.

GUYS. I HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO BE A CODE BREAKER BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY WROTE THE SCRIPT IN A SECRET CODE THAT ACTUALLY MEANT SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IT SAID.

*bangs head on desk*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 pm
NO. YOU NEED TO GO TO A PSYCHIC TO DEVELOP YOUR MIND READING ABILITIES SO YOU CAN GIVE THEM WHAT THEY REALLY WANT. THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO THEM. THEY WANT YOU TO KNOOOOW WHAT THEY DESIRE DEEP INSIDE AND DO IT.

GOSH, SZEN.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm
That Client is just lacking... hatred.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm
I thought of psychic first, but then I decided that they gave me a script so I didn't totally have to read their minds. I just had to decode the script.

He admitted that the script wasn't right. But come on, get your act together. Now they have to pay for me to do what they actually want.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Somebody needs to be slapped around a bit.
:/
Although at least they gave you something and not nothing at all?
I get commissioners like that and I want to throttle them.
"Oh, just use your imagination!"
I can't use my imagination, it's YOUR character, dippy!!
Give me something to go on!!
D<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 pm
If they'd given me nothing at all, I wouldn't have agreed to do it. I have to have some terms in order to stay sane. XD Since it appeared that they spelled out exactly what they wanted, I assumed that was the case. Silly me. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 pm
That's the problem when you get clients who are not technical IMO.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:38 am
xD
I've just had to write a report on website testing, quality control, meeting client's requirements, etc. I've mentioned in it that liaison with clients periodically through the project SHOULD result in minimal changes once it's completed. Not necessarily in a case like this where you get pain in the arse clients xD

*hug*  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

~ Milk Mynk ~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:08 pm
You know what they say about computer programming...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why doesn't the image code work anymore? *confused*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm
Mezri: I'd agree, but the guy in charge of the project actually used to do what I do. He's apparently just really unorganized.
And his template coding sucked too. ninja

Lici: Most of the time that is true. I seriously just think this one is retarded or on drugs. lol

Milk: I'd hate to work for that company. XD
For me, it's basically the first and last frames. I mean, he spelled out exactly what to do and I followed it to the letter. XD
I've had clients who were annoyingly vague before, but this one appeared not to be because it seemed pretty clear what he wanted. Which is why I say drugs. XDD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

~ Milk Mynk ~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm
Yeah, when I went into computer science my tutor warned us that clients WILL think they need one thing, go back, realize things should be done another way/change their minds, and demand us to change it. Haha.

And that clients in the market for custom-made programs are always the hardest to please. =/  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games