Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So because I'm ( ), then I must be ( ). Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:20 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I am the Sin you imagine in your sleep.

Okay, I'mma start with a quick intro. I'm new here, but this is a thread I've wanted to do.

Call me Haru, Muse, or Todd(Preferably one of the first two).

So, I've heard some stereotypes recently that made me almost hit my friend who said them.

"Since you're bi, you're gonna start whoring yourself out to every girl and guy, just like every other bi person."

-.-

Anyone who knows me will know immediately that I'm not the type to cheat; I'm very faithful. I'm also not so shallow as to go and bone just any girl/guy I meet. cool This uke has standards.

In this thread, post the stereotypes you've had against you for your race, religion, sexual preferences, etc. :1

And the Muse that inspired your soul.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 pm
Because I have an eating disorder, i must be superficial, shallow, and stupid.
I'd definitely like to think i'm none of those things,
nor have i ever been.

Because I've struggled with depression and self-harm, I'm a whiny attention-whoring "emo kid".
also, untrue.

andalso because i'm a lesbian,
i must want to molest every girl in the vicinity.
very common in high school.  

Outremangeur

Dapper Fairy

8,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm
Because I have a low self-esteem I must be desperate

because I have serious family issues I must be angry, loathing and violent

because I'm shy I must have something to hide.

because I'm not chirstian I must belong to some weird, animal-sacrificing cult

I dislike people that judge others. and if you can't tell I have a few "because Im () I must be ()" 's up my sleeve lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 am
because i'm a lesbian i must be masculine.

because i'm an atheist i must be ignorant and unaccepting of others.

because i'm a lesbian i must be desperate to rebel against my parents.

because i'm black and don't fit the stereotype i must want to be white.

because i'm not a social butterfly i must hate all people.

because i play soulcalibur i must be a violent person.

because i play pokemon i must be immature.

because i date younger people i must be a ***** i listen to metal i must be a satan-worshipping social reject.

because i'm single i must think i'm too good for everyone else.

because i rave i must use x.

* the list goes on and on. i like this game.

Ayame_Rikimayu

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:11 am
Me, it would be-

Because I'm smart, I must be a complete geek.

Because I'm not interested in being popular, I must be a bad person.

Because I support Pride I must be lesbian. rolleyes

Because I have Brazilian heritage I must wear those stupid tiny bikinis sometime. scream

Because I have a lot of advantages in life (smart, medium-rich, and curvy and skinny at the same time, white- which isn't actually much of an advantage but I have a lot of immigrants at my school and it kind of is.) then I must really not care about anyone else.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 am
The worst thing I've ever encountered is just because I'm so thin I must be either anorexic or bulemic (sp?). I'm 5' 8" and I only weigh 110lbs. Everyone always says I should eat more. Doesn't matter what I eat because I have ulcerative colitis. This is the heaviest I will ever be.  

BurningwoodArts

Sparkly Gaian

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

sex.drugs.and.rock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 am
Just because I'm bisexual, I must have to have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend.

Just because I'm a girl that plays guitar, I must not be good at all and try to play because I want to be cool too.

Just because I'm short, I have to be young.

Just because I'm an artist, I have to be a freak.

Just because I'm a ukulele player, I have to be doing it as a joke.

Just because I've been in a stable, two and a half year long relationship, I have to be boring to hang out with.

Just because I listen to metal, I have to not listen to anything else but metal all the time.

This is a wonderful idea for a thread. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:55 am
I hear the same thing
alot. A gay person even told me
that all bisexual are whores.

d e e e r h e a r t s

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 am
see above all I think bisexuals are open-minded, not whorish. In my mind I see it as the truest for of "love knows no gender" maybe that's just me sweatdrop

@Insanity Dragonfly- I get "Because I support Pride I must be lesbian." all the time too. I don't understand why people don't believe straight people can support Pride and still be straight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 am
Kyru Windwaker
see above all I think bisexuals are open-minded, not whorish. In my mind I see it as the truest for of "love knows no gender" maybe that's just me sweatdrop

I think pansexual has you beat there razz

Kyru Windwaker
"Because I support Pride I must be lesbian." all the time too. I don't understand why people don't believe straight people can support Pride and still be straight.

Straights that supports gays are sometimes called 'Metro-sexuals.' I have no idea where,why,ect. it originated but I know its a somewhat common slang term  

Koecia

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am
iTz Rukia Kuchiki
Kyru Windwaker

I think pansexual has you beat there razz

Kyru Windwaker
"Because I support Pride I must be lesbian." all the time too. I don't understand why people don't believe straight people can support Pride and still be straight.

Straights that supports gays are sometimes called 'Metro-sexuals.' I have no idea where,why,ect. it originated but I know its a somewhat common slang term

lol well you got me there, I'm unfamilar with pansexual. >.<,

haha metro-sexuals? really? hm, I've never been called that. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 am
I'm pretty sure metro-sexual is more commonly used for straight people who appear gay, i.e. particularly well-groomed men.  

aetherealism

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:45 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I am the Sin you imagine in your sleep.

@ Outremangeur: I've heard those a lot(Not at me, but towards several friends of mine). Stereotypes are just created so people feel better about their own race/sexuality/gender, etc.

@ Kyru: I was raised Christian, but I'm probably the most tolerant person I know when it comes to religion. I've got friends that are Buddhist, Satanists, Wiccans, Pagans, etc. Trust me, I would know the whole thing about how religion can be misconstrued into something it's not. I'm Bi and I believe in God. If I go to a hell, or wherever I go when I die, so be it.

@ Ayame: Lol I understand that all more than you know. Especially the raver part. xD Gotta love that techno. :3 Happy Hardcore, for the win.

@ Insanity: Lol yeah, I got the geek comment as a kid too. The best way to shut people up: I'm not a geek, I'm a nerd. We make more money than you will in this lifetime.

@ Sex: Yeah, the bisexual comments are limitless. ._.; Some don't make sense after a while. And I liked it too; It helps people not only vent, but gives others who haven't faced these stereotypes to prepare themselves for what can possibly be said.

@ r a d i o: Yeah, it's bull. I hate it when people say things like that.

@ Rukia: What exactly is pansexual? I've heard the term, but I have no solid definition yet. ._.

And the Muse that inspired your soul.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm
cuz i'm fat,i never stop eating

cuz i support lesbians i'm a pervert

cuz i fail a class in school i'm stupid

i'd go on,but then i'd get on a raving mad rant  

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:04 pm
@ Muse_of_the_Soul - yeah? that's cool. I was raised christian too but that's only because my grandparents raised me. In high school I created a religion-based club that was meant for wiccans and pagans to go to and share their expeirences and come as a sort of support group [[because where I grew up everyone was close-minded and extreme-christian]]. The students outside of the club:

1. tore/vanalized our posters
2. made fun of us constantly asking if we could make things float or predict the future or change them into toads
3. decided we were all weird goths [I'm not goth] and pretty much did anything to make it difficult for us.

My mom practically had to threaten to sue the school before I could actually get the club started. They were delaying the approval saying the religion wasn't suppose to be in public schooling, however we had an Edge Club [a christian club] so it difficult for them to continue saying that.

Eventually at the end of the school year I got the okay, I had one good year as president and ran our table at Club Day [I might add that the principal went around to all of the tables but made a point to avoid ours]

sweatdrop sorry I rambled a bit XD

@Requiom- it's okay! let it out biggrin

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas