Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
PETA VS DJETA

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you take your dog?
  Alive and screaming
  Mustard only
  Chili and cheese
  Sauerkraut
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:45 am
PETA VS DJETA This is good for a laugh. It's the best local news we've had in weeks sandwiched between all the drive by shootings and child molestors.

The same radio station has been airing ads for the local shelters asking for donations. Lots of families are dropping off pets they can't afford to keep at the same time fewer people are donating food and money. It's actually an innovative concept - so many people think PETA are a joke, they'll actually leave their houses, buy dog food, and donate it just to throw a little mud. A lot better than what PETA does to domestic animals.

Discussion Open: How awesome the Dj is, how good hot dogs taste, and how to help local animal shelters.

Discussion NOT Open: Defending PETA. Srsly, just make another topic for it or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:33 pm
Yeah. While I think some of the causes that PETA backs are just, the way they go about it, their hypocrisy, and some of their other causes are ridiculous, so I could never support them as an organization.
I find it stupid that they do so much to get attention through shock. I can understand using videos of what happens to animals in certain situations to shock people (who chose to see it willingly) into understanding and actually caring for the issue since that's at least displaying the truth about it. But protesting outside naked or all their other crap are mindless antics that only draw attention to their behaviors rather than the causes they support. When someone is standing there nude, you're going to pay attention to the nude girl, not what they are protesting and what should be highlighted.

But, I will always be indebted to PETA for coming up with the great name to replace fish, Sea Kitten. xDD
God. I love it. KITTENS OF THE SEAAA.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 pm
I have so much hate for PETA..
Standing outside Mcdonalds and giving kids "unhappy meals", throwing paint on people wearing fur.. it's going way to far. D;

I thought that most shelters had surrender fees to help cover the cost of food anyways?
I've never had to give away an animal; but I remember seeing something at the pound before that said something like $150 per surrendered animal... I think it's a fair price.. since well.. when you get an animal you should be able to keep the animal for it's whole life. >3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:43 am
Animal shelters sometimes have "sales" on cats over the age of two - and when that happens you know they need the room and don't want any cat to die.

I really kind of put PETA up there with the KKK and the Panthers. Some people in some situations should NOT have a right to free speech. If people can seriously band together and prevent non-christian places of worship from being built, then by golly, we can use that "power" for good, too! =C  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items