Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Ever see a 320 Horsepower Volkswagen New Beetle?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm
I just did. No seriously, my friend just bought two new pro-street preformance turbos and paid me 500 bucks to put them into his '01 New Beetle. So after putting them in he went on a test drive with the thing, holy hell 0 - 60 ( or 0 - 101 km/h / KPH metric ) in 3.9 seconds. I gotta say I was rather surprised, I didn't think those cars had anything tunable about them but I guess anything is really possible. I also have to say that Volkswagen New Beetles are some of the best cars to learn how to drive on because it's compact.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 am
Oh god. rofl

It reminds me on when my brother & Gabe were playing Forza 3.
They modified a Beetle, and it went faster than Lambos, Ferraris, even Pagani Zondas. rofl

So everytime we see a Beetle, we're saying, "It's the Supercar!" So the last time Gabe was driving on the freeway, and our other friends were in his van, we saw a Beetle, and I said, "Gabe! Try and catch up to the Supercar." He's like, "Oh no! It's speeding! We'll never catch up now!"

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:21 pm
VW's are extremely tunable. like...scary tunable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:30 pm
~*~

Jesus Christ. xD

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:27 pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEAM1320#p/u/6/cMSNRjC4FgM

check out that VW
438 hp  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 pm
I don't doubt Volkswagens as super tune cars no more after seeing this. Those germans think about everything! rofl  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 pm
I'm not sure what type of speed mine has, but I definitely like my VW Beetle. Compact, but pretty roomy on the inside. Really nice mileage (49 on the Highway). And since mine is a manual one, it made me learn how to use a stick. o:  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm
I dunno much about the beetle but i know there is a huge fanbase of jetta and vw golf tuner's out there. I know there used to be a few 800 hp jetta's running around but a lot of the video's that used to be on youtube when i was into it aren't there anymore.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items